What would ruin it for you?

Okaythen

Lord Baelish, I think you are selling yourself short. I don't think it would be unbelievable if somehow you were able to survive the game. After all, you made this far. ;)

Ambition can take you as far as you wanna go but when someone whose ambition matches yours comes along and wants to destroy you, the fall from the ladder is long.

I don't think that it would necessarily ruin the books for me but I'd be upset if Littlefinger's plan to raise an army, marry Sansa, and then become King Of The North or Westeros came into fruition.

Another thing that would bother me to no end would be if Stannis ruled the Iron Throne. I think that I'd be okay with him ruling the North (for a while) but it still doesn't change the fact that he's far too prickly to be much of a king. I'm hoping that his 'conquest' won't be a success because then it would give off a really lame "if you try hard enough" vibe as well.

I'm sure I'll be happy with the final books because I know that we're in great hands so we all shouldn't fret so much. George has many things up his sleeves (or maybe in his cool hat?) so what we may or may not have thought/hoped to have happened will not and will take an unexpected turn.

I see lots of people are gonna hate the saga by the time it ends. Good. They should write their own perfect little sagas. The entitlement some people have these days is astonishing.

The thing is, Martin writes complex, flawed characters so no matter how he ends the series, some people won't be happy. Not every morally ambiguous character, which they all are to some extent, like real life people, will get his or her comeuppance or rewards.

I agree with you on the Dany thing it gets annoying but I would "like" to see Jon really dying. It would be the ultimate punch in the face from GRRM which would underline the rule that there are no true heroes in the game.

That would disgust me. Honestly, we've come all this way in Jon's journey - which is clearly not complete, and GRRM offs him just for shits and giggles? No thanks.

I'm always puzzled by comments that GRRM needs to constantly subvert "cliches" or else it's bad writing. I think subversion just for the sake of subversion is bad writing.

Fortunately, I don't get the impression the GRRM is opposed to Heros or heroic characters. He has killed off some of the "good" characters and rewarded some of the "evil" ones - so far, but seeing how those situations played out explained why it happened and the story's not over, so those who committed evil will (hopefully) get their justified comeuppance at some point.

So, yeah, Jon being dead for real now would ruin it for me.

In some sort of dream sequence or HOTU way to show how he wasn't mourned or him actually coming back to life in a Lady Stoneheart way?

UnCat style. :P

(Cuz he did sorta come back in a fever dream of Dany's)

So, yeah, Jon being dead for real now would ruin it for me.

At this point and time, OH HELL YES. Id be so pissed off i wouldnt be able to see straight. My rage when reading his stabbing was enough!

I see lots of people are gonna hate the saga by the time it ends. Good. They should write their own perfect little sagas. The entitlement some people have these days is astonishing.

Pfffft...I can write a better, more complicated 8000 page fantasy epic but I just don't want to.

Arya never seeing Nymeria again. Not a major thing, but it would annoy me severely.

Arya not killing anyone from her list (keep yer paws off Sandor though, please pleeeease... which leads me toooo):

Arya killing Sandor Clegane.

Cersei regaining any sort of power.

Jon Snow being dead.

Brienne dying.

Sandor Clegane really being dead.

Theon Greyjoy not learning a lesson from all he's done and suffered (or rather, not doing anything to make things right).

Rickon not doing anything useful.

Sansa not getting revenge from Littlefinger.

Winterfell never belonging to the Starks again.

this.

Archived