NFL 2013 Week 2 Thread - Go back to college Chip Kelly!

Jaime L

Vikes settled for a field goal and it cost them (ran from the 5 on third and goal). I hate having to see Cutler ever get a victory, but especially when he gets to have a game winning drive.

Looked like some of the worst footing I have seen at a football game in quite a while.

I can't remember the last time a defense played as horrendously as the Skins.did. Oh wait, yeah I do. It was the Skins defense 6 days ago on the Monday Nighter. It's just fucking embarrassing. Receivers running free, awful tackling, freeway sized holes in the run game. When you give 100 rushing yards to the Packers, you know you're terrible .The only thing that's not 100% broken on our defense is Ryan Kerrigan. Redskins have the worst secondary in football right now and it's not even particularly close. Hall, Amerson, Rambo and Meriweather all embarrassed themselves in different ways out there.

Also not sure why it takes an entire half for RGIII to get into any kind of rhythm each game. Maybe they need to start out throwing 10 times in a row. I dunno. But he still has those 3-4 throws a game where he misses by so much you can just tell his mechanics are way off. Also without the QB running threat, every one of last year's plays out of the pistol is less effective and that much harder to execute.

Bright spots: Pierre Garcon, Alfred Morris, Jordan Reed, Ryan Kerrigan. Dark spots: Everyone else.

Hall, Amerson, Rambo and Meriweather all embarrassed themselves in different ways out there.

Especially Meriweather. All he did was concuss Eddie Lacy before concussing himself. He needs to be gone from the team, it seems all he brings to the table is getting himself and/or other players hurt.

Am I the only one who thinks that Eric Decker is not that good?

long line of receivers that manning, rodgers brady and brees have made look better than they are.

Also not sure why it takes an entire half for RGIII to get into any kind of rhythm each game.

id say the opposing defense taking its foot off the pedal has at least something to do with it

Especially Meriweather. All he did was concuss Eddie Lacy before concussing himself. He needs to be gone from the team, it seems all he brings to the table is getting himself and/or other players hurt.

It's idiotic. He probably will be fined by the league for crown of the helmet penalties on both those hits and deservedly so. And I wish the team could fine him for the stupidity of such an injury prone player self-concussing himself out of a game through his own continued recklessness.

Jaim, I didn't see a ton of the GB game - was Orakpo playing? You didn't mention him either way, but Kerrigan needs him to be somewhat effective just to keep OLs honest.

Orakpo had a sack but was otherwise extremely quiet out there for a guy who prior to the season was setting the DPOY as a goal. I don't recall any notable plays by him after the first quarter.

Also the question with every single player on the defense is who is missing their assignments that is allowing teams to just gash the Skins 10 yards at a time. I know members of the secondary have been guilty but you don't get shredded like that without some members of the front 7 failing at their jobs.

ETA: On the bottom scroll, Fox needs to pick a different color than yellow for games that are final. I keep thinking there's a flag on every play.

Jeez, the rain. Just regained outside-the-window visibility for the first time in 15+ minutes. Maybe Saints-Bucs will start up again soon.

Looks like Bush might've hurt himself. Ick.

Cutler's TD pass was pretty nice as was that game-winner for Houston.

Now it's time for the best match-up of the day. Jacksonville @ Oakland.

Your advice on the Houston game kept me alive another week in my Survivor Fantasy league.

Watching the beginning of the Saints v. Bucs game makes me very glad I never even thought about choosing my beloved Saints.

I'd like to think it was the rain that contributed to the various factors of why Minnesota was able to play the Bears that close, but I know it's more to do with so many other factors...props to Trestman though, I have no doubts that if Lovie was coaching this team, those last two minutes would have been totally mismanaged...if there hadn't been a comeback it wouldn't have been because the coach didn't get the team into position...

Archived