Robert Stanek novels

MisterOJ

Start with The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches books 1 - 4 then In the Service of Dragons 1 - 4, then reread them before continuing on to Dawn of the Ages and Battle for Ruin Mist. Reread all those then continue on to Dawn of the Ages and Battle for Ruin Mist. Then I would suggest a full double reread before continuing on to Rise of the Fallen and Dawn of the Ages. Use the companion guide during the reread (there will be a quiz) and then read everything again.

Start with The Kingdoms and the Elves of the Reaches books 1 - 4 then In the Service of Dragons 1 - 4, then reread them before continuing on to Dawn of the Ages and Battle for Ruin Mist. Reread all those then continue on to Dawn of the Ages and Battle for Ruin Mist. Then I would suggest a full double reread before continuing on to Rise of the Fallen and Dawn of the Ages. Use the companion guide during the reread (there will be a quiz) and then read everything again.

When you say reread do you mean read a different edition of the same book eg the children/adult versions?

My suggestion would be to start with the adult version of the Ruinmist Chronicles and read them in this order: Keeper Martin's Tale, Kingdom Alliance, Fields of Honor, and Mark of the Dragon.

Then read the Dark Path - Elf Queen's Quest, The Elf Queen and King 1, and The Elf Queen and King 2.

And finally, then delve into the prequel graphic novels Daughter of Kings and Deliverance.

You may also want to create your own Stanek adventures with the role playing game, Battle for Ruinmist. (where you can fight the evil Martin fanboys and vanquish the dark minions of Rothfuss).

Maybe you could use them to learn a language, if you just get them in several of the 30-something languages they've been translated to?

(seriously, guys, you know this is gonna end badly, right? :P)

Maybe you could use them to learn a language, if you just get them in several of the 30-something languages they've been translated to?

That's a really good point. I wonder how a person goes about ordering these foreign language texts? I'm sure you can just do it through Barnes & Noble.

There's not a lot of folks that know how to speak Indonesian, I don't think.

When I was in college, there was courses for French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, German, Latin and several others. Don't remember a course in Indonesian ever being offered. If I could learn that from one of Stanek's novels, I reckon I would be the coolest cat in my subdivision.

I really need to know how to procure the Indonesian version of this book. I mean, I can't just order it off Barnes and Noble. All their books are in English.

Help me board!

Archived