Where do you think arys's story arc is going? (I'm sure this has been discussed here already but I'm new here so...)

Snowisnobastard

Well, unless TWOW stretches over several years, IMHO Arya is likely to remain an apprentice and eventually desert the FM. Otherwise, her story arc would be too contrived. Unless, of course, the FM cease to be, but I don't see it happening. If she deserts after becoming an apprentice, I think she'll be hunted down by the FM all her life. She already knows too much.

So I think that if she lives through the series, she'll never be able to publicly announce herself as Arya Stark - which might be fine with her as long as her family knows who she is.

As for her immediate destinations, it's way too open. I think the best way to throw her back to the main plot would be for the FM to send her, as Izembaro (or someone else) apprentice, to kill Daennerys, Aegon or Alayne Stone (LF is a more likely target perhaps, but there is the whole "can't kill someone they know" thing, which might or might not be an iron rule).

I'd love to see her sailing to Sothoros and warging a velociraptor, though, but I don't see that happening.

She might. She knows they are there and that she can use them. In the more immediate term and if she doesn't return to Westeros, the best course of action would be to "lend" them to Sansa or the BWB. Nothing would do more for proving Sansa is indeed Sansa Stark than appearing in the Riverlands along a big, badass, direwolf.

And just thinking, what would happen if Nymeria, while being warged by Arya, were to meet Lady Stonehearth? They are sort of far away by the end of ADWD, but that can change.

She might. She knows they are there and that she can use them. In the more immediate term and if she doesn't return to Westeros, the best course of action would be to "lend" them to Sansa or the BWB. Nothing would do more for proving Sansa is indeed Sansa Stark than appearing in the Riverlands along a big, badass, direwolf.

And just thinking, what would happen if Nymeria, while being warged by Arya, were to meet Lady Stonehearth? They are sort of far away by the end of ADWD, but that can change.

I would love to see zombie cats reaction to that. I so hope that happens.

Didn't Nymeria, while being warged by Arya, pull Cat's body out of the water before the BwB found her and brought her back to life?

I think it was Nymeria yes.

I think Arya will be hired for a kill, but it will be to kill someone she does not want to kill. It will go against all she has been taught. Perhaps Jon? Sansa? She won't do it.

From then on she is a free agent. Too hard to track. She will go hunting for revenge, and she might use Nymeria to sniff them down.

If they survive and win, the expertise the Starks have gained will combine nicely after they're reunited. They'd be well covered going forward. Arya would be their shadow warrior who'd address the things Sansa can't resolve diplomatically as the family's public figure / lobbyist. Jon is the military branch and Bran is the bird overhead defending everyone against sneak attacks and hostile magic. Rickon rules the roost and keeps the homefires burning? Maybe with a big burly Hodor bodyguard who from time to time whispers Bran-the-Builder advice in his ear about how to rebuild.

There's a theory that Arya's new trainer, Izembaro is actually King's Landing armorer Tobho Mott, placing her right back into the middle of the action. We are never told how long her training will take but there's no definitive proof that she will remain in Bravos.

Considering the FM worship of death and Qyburn's blasphemous experiments beneath the red Keep, don't be surprised if Arya is sicced on Cersei's trusted Maester in the near future.

I think Arya will return somehow with a lot of people from Essos. Perhaps the Hardhome slave wildings. She will link with Nymeria.

Arya will be important for the battle against the Others.

Why does EVERYONE believe the faceless me are in fact hired killers? I actually think it is a myth. To me they are FATE or perhaps a sort of suicide cult. I think they are in fact part of the balance of nature, linked somehow with the CoF and greenseers. They are black and white 0 weirwood and ebony.

Sort of life and death but part of the cycle.

Why does EVERYONE believe the faceless me are in fact hired killers? I actually think it is a myth. To me they are FATE or perhaps a sort of suicide cult. I think they are in fact part of the balance of nature, linked somehow with the CoF and greenseers. They are black and white 0 weirwood and ebony.

That's an interesting thought. We don't know of anyone who has actually hired them for an assassination. They talk about it as if it is a possibility, but we don't actually see anyone making a contract with them. Personally, I believe they are both. They have a semi-religious order and reportedly will refuse a contract if it doesn't mesh with their ideals or agenda. But I do believe they are also the hired assassins everyone believes them to be. It would be hard to gain a widespread reputation as assassins if no one has ever contracted them to do exactly that. I am looking forward to learning more about them.

Archived