Better Call Saul -- Breaking Bad spin-off confirmed

Francis Buck

Of course coming in blasting their tasers seems unlikely, but you see stranger and scarier police behavior in the news.

It surprised me that no one mentioned suing the cops or whatever it is you do in that situation. I mean, tasering an unarmed old man in the fetal position is pretty out there.

That was made better by how oblivious that guy was to all of the 'suggestiveness'. He even made Saul sign a form!

Yeah. My favourite bit is that the father must have voiced all those lines for his son at some point. Fill me up son, put it in me. Oooooh.

It surprised me that no one mentioned suing the cops or whatever it is you do in that situation. I mean, tasering an unarmed old man in the fetal position is pretty out there.

Yeah. My favourite bit is that the father must have voiced all those lines for his son at some point. Fill me up son, put it in me. Oooooh.

Agreed. I imagine they had to do something to advance the Chuck plotline and escalate with Hamlin.

So that has to be Mike's daughter he was stalking yes (love me some Kerry Condon) ? And she has a restraining order against him so the cops showed up at his house?

I don't think it is from the restraining order .Mike says "long way from home", maybe they are from Philly or something .

Yeah, I got the impression that the boss was not local police, so nothing to do with the daughter.

It could be a combo of the two, that there might be a restraining order so she called the local cops, who had been coordinating with the feds to search for Mike for their own reasons. Looking for him in the city where his daughter lives makes sense.

It could be a combo of the two, that there might be a restraining order so she called the local cops, who had been coordinating with the feds to search for Mike for their own reasons. Looking for him in the city where his daughter lives makes sense.

This sounds most likely

The police are required by law to respond to all 911 calls, no matter how ridiculous. It was probably on the bottom of their priorities list, but they had to come around eventually. They were likely rolling their eyes the entire time at the crazy lady who called it in, but didn't want waste even more time charging her for wasting their time. And since she lived across the street, they knew she would witness whether or not they actually follodwed up on her complaint, so they decided to just get it over with and knock on his door. Then they got there, noticed his erratic behavior, and, well, we saw the result.

I'm hoping that in Better Call Saul that Villigan looses his daftly deferential treatment of law enforcement. I listened to the insider podcast and he said that before writing BB he spent six months with Texas and New Mexico DEA officers. I think he probably made friends over those six months and then felt bad portraying the DEA as the pants shitting retards we all know them to be.

A couple thoughts. I think the cops are visiting Mike for an unrelated reason to be revealed next week.

While the tension is slowly building its still been pretty slow. I think the creators are taking a page from Mad Men and creating a quality show without bewbs and blood and guts every 10 seconds. This is not a bad thing.

I like how the rest of the characters are slowly being fleshed out too.

I think this is my favorite episode so far. Between Jimmy's run in with Tony the talking toilet, Chuch's marvelous adventures with the space blanket, and some actual back story on Mike (!), the whole thing went by incredibly fast.

About the restraining order theory: Isn't it implied the cop was from Philly? Why would he respond to a 911 call in Albuquerque?

Archived