**NEW OCT 8 UPDATE INFO**: Capclave FRIDAY Pig Dinner 2013 RSVP Thread

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL ASKING ABOUT THIS EVENT.

UPDATE 9/28: RSVP is closed as of 9/23. Now, the lists are complete. Those in the first list currently have a seat for the event. Those in the second -- the noble members of House Bannister -- will be hanging with me, gnawing on the pig's head in a stairwell. NO REGRETS.

THIS EVENT IS ON FRIDAY (TOMORROW!)

Pre-Shindig Mixer: We will be having a mixer for all BWB -- diners and House Bannister -- from 5pm until 5:30pm.

UPDATE OCT 7: The party will be in the SENECA room, which is on the third floor of the hotel. If you need to ask directions, ask the convention staff.

PM me your mobile phone number. That way, I can text you with updates on locations and events as they unfold.

I would like to make clear that this is not the only time you'll ever get to interact with GRRM over the weekend. If you signed up thinking that, I'll just point out that it's not your only or even best chance. Hanging out at the hotel bar at 11pm is almost always the best time for that, as those of us who have gone to a few WorldCons can attest.

Dinner starts 5:30pm. Done at 7:30pm.

We do not need any more food. If you'd like to bring a favorite tipple, however, you're more than welcome!
Seating List
George RR Martin
Parris McBride Martin
Minion
Special guest (not making this public right now)
Stego
Isabella Stark
R.S.
Kairparavel (bringing Mercenary cookies)
Raidne
Kouran
Lany (bringing lemon cakes, brownies, bread and possibly gluten-free bread)
Mr. Lany
Ixodes
Mrs. Ixodes
Maid of Ashalind (bringing gluten-free dinner rolls and regular dinner rolls)
Maid of Ashalind +1
Maid of Ashalind +1
Perrianne Lurie (bringing gluten-free lemon cake)
Dreamsongs
L
Cat Stoneheart
Cat Stoneheart +1
Ser Knight Somerville
Ser Knight Somerville +1
Becca
Becca +1
Brock
Brock +1
Michelle Stark (bringing mead)
Naz
Cottonseed
SnowLeo
SnowLeo +1
Ser Batman

Ser Batman +1

Note to those with seats: If you have not sent me a PM with people's names, please do. I need to be able to square my list with whatever your convention badge will say.

If you or your plus one (or both) cannot make the event, please let me know ASAP. That way, I can give someone in House Bannister your seat(s).

Donation amount to offset the costs of food supplies is US$10 per person.

The BWB will be donating some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to the mixer and dinner. But if you have a favorite tipple, feel free to bring that as well.

House Bannister

Maid of Woodlynne (bringing pumpkin cheesecake)
JetBoyGirl
Lilly Valley
MaryQueenofScotch
MaryQueenofScotch
MaryQueenofScotch
Caryn Stark
dragon_fire
PhilW
PhilW +1
Angry GoT Fan
Angry GoT Fan +1
DaveAx (bringing hard cider)
Pod
Arlington Bill
Makotohanabi
Mr. X
Xray (bringing fear and loathing) (also, bringing beer and non-alcoholic beverages)
Mercenary Chef (bringing pig)
House Bannister -- We've started a new thread for those who might wish to eat at the hotel. We have the private dining room reserved. See this thread:

I'm in, please. Just me - not bringing Plus One this time. ;)

And I'm bringing desserts and pumpkin beer. :cheers:

If it turns out that there aren't enough seats, I will probably give mine up. You can still have my desserts, but I may hang on to the beer. :P

Probably be too busy running around the hotel like my hair's on fire to partake.

RSVPing on behalf of our friend Allen who attends BwB events at Worldcon (he's on the board but having problems). Xray, I'll pm you his full name.

Thank you, everyone. And a special thanks to everyone for being understanding about the seating crunch. There was a lot more interest in this than we anticipated when MercChef , Mr. X and I first started discussing the idea. We were, admittedly, pretty drunk at the time. And so things got a bit out of hand before we sat down to figure out what was feasible. Clearly, the BWB likes it pig products.

Archived