**NEW OCT 8 UPDATE INFO**: Capclave FRIDAY Pig Dinner 2013 RSVP Thread

Since I wasn't going to be eating pig in any case, you can count me out of the official Devouring of the Pig. I will still be there for most of the day though, but not Sat/Sun. So, I guess I'll be... uh... in the stairwell gnawing on things or in the hotel bar at 11pm.

Good evening, I guess I should first introduce myself. My name is Phil and I have been a long time lurker, and extremely rare poster on the forums for some time now. I am posting now with respect to Capclave and the associated events occuring that weekend. My main question is whether there are any additional events or engagements occurring during Capclave. My girlfriend and I will be attending the convention (our first foray into conventions) and have not yet concretely decided on our plans. We were originally planning on visiting friends and family in DC on Friday and then traveling to the convention and staying at the Hilton on Saturday. We figured that the majority of the events we would like to see would be Saturday. We saw on the Convention web site that there would be an unofficial party/cocktail hour of sorts Saturday evening. Is that normally something worth checking out or is it pretty dead? We have heard a lot about the BWB community and would like to get to know others as interested in a ASOIAF as us. If anyone could provide any information on the Capclave weekend it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, i've met GRRM and Parris probably more than even the X's, so i'm happy to be at the bottom of the stand-by list. :)

Besides, hanging with the X's and Bill in the stairwell is like to be a lot of fun too!

Does hanging in the stairwell make you an honorary member of House Bannister?

Does hanging in the stairwell make you an honorary member of House Bannister?

I'm thinking Lord of House Bannister myself! Otherwise, it sounds like too much of a demotion! :thumbsup:

If anyone could provide any information on the Capclave weekend it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll let those in the know to revert on that question!

Bill and Chef...just a reminder! I'll be getting into DC late Thursday night, so I can help with any setup to get things ready. I'm familiar enough with equipment from setting up the local soup kitchen for 300 and pick up what I don't know pretty quick. Just let me know. PMing with MC with my cell number.

Good evening, I guess I should first introduce myself. My name is Phil and I have been a long time lurker, and extremely rare poster on the forums for some time now. I am posting now with respect to Capclave and the associated events occuring that weekend. My main question is whether there are any additional events or engagements occurring during Capclave. My girlfriend and I will be attending the convention (our first foray into conventions) and have not yet concretely decided on our plans. We were originally planning on visiting friends and family in DC on Friday and then traveling to the convention and staying at the Hilton on Saturday. We figured that the majority of the events we would like to see would be Saturday. We saw on the Convention web site that there would be an unofficial party/cocktail hour of sorts Saturday evening. Is that normally something worth checking out or is it pretty dead? We have heard a lot about the BWB community and would like to get to know others as interested in a ASOIAF as us. If anyone could provide any information on the Capclave weekend it would be greatly appreciated.

The Saturday evening reception is an official Capclave event, and most of the convention will be there. At the reception most of the authors (including George) will be signing books, and the winners of the WSFA Small Press Award and the BSFS Amateur Writer Award will be announced. There's a general information Capclave thread on the board with more information here, or go to the website for more information.

Dinner starts late afternoon/early evening. Done at 8:30.

Small correction, the next group has the room at 8 PM... so it goes until 7:30

I don't want to confuse the issues here, but can people who aren't doing the dinner... house Bannister... stop in to visit before the service? That was my plan.

AB

1) I moved the RSVP date up, as I realized that attendees would need some clarity about the dinner if they needed to change their travel plans. If you know anyone who was on the original list, and you haven't seen them post here, drop them a PM. If I don't hear from everyone on the original list by Sept 23, I'm dropping them to lowest priority for a seat. SEPT 23 is the cutoff.

2) Bill -- possibly. But I will need to consult with MC and Kair about that.

3) PhilWenk -- I think makotohanabi covered everything. The BWB is only doing the Friday dinner as an organized activity, but we will be around all weekend and there will be plenty of opportunity to socialize. I can guarantee that a number of us will be tearing up the cocktail bar during the Saturday reception.

Do both of us need a membership for the dinner? Planning on just purchasing one membership since I'm not sure of our baby sitting situation. However, still very interested in dinner, since I promised my husband pig cooked by "the professional chef from the Board."

snow "porkbribe" leo

Hey Snowleo -- yes, if you both want to attend the dinner, then you'll both have to get memberships. That said, because you were in the tentative column on the earlier thread, you're currently in the group of individuals who don't have a seat. Until everyone above you on the list checks in, or the deadline passes, I won't know for sure. So, maybe hold off on buying at least that second membership because you might not need it.

Archived