"How ASOIAF helped me save a dying squirrel" and other examples of how ASOIAF has affected your life

Moon-Pale Maiden

<snip>
A wonderful and very inspiring story indeed :bowdown: ! And OP, you did a fantastic job saving that tiny and helpless squirrel. :cheers: Even though it tried to bite yah after, it surely is a great feeling to see it lived and able to defend itself because of you. Hope we have more people like you and not only you. :)

Nothing so generous as the OP...

But I borrowed the Hammer-Anvil tactic(Maekar and Baelor) for a paintball competition we had in college.

This was a plan I drew up for that,It was the most fun I've had in a long time and needless to say we are paintball legends in college now.

http://i.imgur.com/mQUcBix.png

damn that awesome man. Better than how igave my god son tywin's speech to tyrion when he expected me to reward him for something he didn't do by himself. Yea it was awful but they kid was spoilt rotten.

Did you say "Mummers and monkeys require applause." :D

Nothing so generous as the OP...

But I borrowed the Hammer-Anvil tactic(Maekar and Baelor) for a paintball competition we had in college.

This was a plan I drew up for that,It was the most fun I've had in a long time and needless to say we are paintball legends in college now.

http://i.imgur.com/mQUcBix.png

I think this is awesome - you used ASOIAF related battle tactics and became paintball legends?? Excellent! :cheers:

I get really irritated with other drivers when I'm on the road. When they don't signal, or they run red lights, or in general do stupid and unsafe things.

I wish for the dumb-dumbs to get tickets or breakdowns or some kind of karmic justice and then I get more irritated when the gods don't make that happen. It's near-but-not-quite-road-rage.

Lately I've started to tell myself "Life is a not a song, little bird", and it's actually doing a really good job of snapping me out of my bullshit anger. Bad acts are not always punished and good acts are not always rewarded. I'm not the judge and jury of these drivers; I'm not a perfect driver myself. So instead I listen to Sandor and remind myself to chill out and just make sure I'm not the one being an asshole.

Did you say "Mummers and monkeys require applause." :D

I think this is awesome - you used ASOIAF related battle tactics and became paintball legends?? Excellent! :cheers:

you dang right i did i gave the exact speech even called him a spiteful lust filled creature of low cunning and added the part about the laws of man and god letting him bare the family name. It really scared him he wasn't the same

It was really chilly today, even though it's only, like, mid-September, and as we were walking my friend says something like "Damn, it's cold. Is it winter already, or something?"

And I just go, "Nah, this is only autumn's kiss. Winter is gonna fuck us hard."

I think it's one of the northern clansmen who says something like that to one of Stannis' men in ADWD.

As a wildlife rehabber myself, I am very touched by your story. Not very many people care enough to do what you did. :')

I think the books have affected my speech more than anything else. I say "heh" a bit more than I ought to and "nuncle" rather than uncle. My friends are no longer confused when I whine about my "moonblood". I also can't stop perking up and looking around whenever any stranger near me happens to say "winter is coming."

Archived