Football 52: How Many Different Ways Can Commentators Pronounce "Özil"?

Xray the Enforcer

It's always tricky to draw conclusions this early though. I mean, all due respect to the Scousers, but no one thinks they'll be top 4 this year, right? I'm sure they're having a lorra lorra fun near the top, but the shine will wear off soon, third place will be nicked off them and they'll be back in the Europa League places before long. Christmas is the only time where it's possible to being making big judgements on teams.

Except United obviously. I'm ok if anyone wants to judge them.

Ramsey's first goal was quite something. You wouldn't believe the amount of vitriol he's had from Arsenal fans and almost everyone else, thankfully Arsene stuck with him. As an aside, Altidore look like a fucking tank. Hopefully Everton hold onto this, Barry can look really slow sometimes but he's played fairly well.

I think you'll find third is third and fourth is nowhere Alex.

It's weird that if you finish fourth you get a trophy, but third place gets nothing. A strange inconsistency I feel.

Edit for spelling

Tell ya what, Ross Barkley is really, really fucking good. He seemed to appear and then vanish for a bit and I was wondering if he was a flash-in-the-pan, but then I realise he's still only 19 and he seems to be playing really well for Everton this season. Chelsea have only been able to stop him by fouling him, and he can pass too.

Just frustrating. Was a fun game to watch, as Chelsea were on the attack constantly, but on the couple of clear chances they generated, they simply couldn't finish. This Lukaku thing is going to begin pissing me off soon.

I swear I aged some 20-30 years during that match. Football, bloody hell!

Barry was MOTM for me - the way he calmed the midfield, always was where he was needed and never gave the ball away was great to watch. Also, Naismith scoring. Wow! I felt a bit down when I saw he was starting, but he did his job (running, running and more running) excellent today. Also helped Coleman at the back, good work!

Barkley is good, he tends to improve with good opposition too. If he could stay at this level consistently, we have a really great player. If not, he's still good.

Three points. First win for Martinez. I'll celebrate with whiskey. :nods:

ETA: Eto'o looked a bit rusty. He'll lose that in time, methinks.

Barry was MOTM for me - the way he calmed the midfield, always was where he was needed and never gave the ball away was great to watch.

As I sad above, you will start to love him very shortly. The ultimate understated footballer. Unfussy quality in everything he does.

Archived