NFL 2013 Week 2 - Week 3: Running Back Graveyard

BLU-RAY

Atlanta vs. St. Louis was close, I think... Houston vs. TN should've been a gimme as a pick straight-up, but somehow Houston nearly pissed it away.

ETA: Will change the title if a couple other people chime in, even though talking about Rex makes me physically ill.

Denver is starting to look scary good. They seem to be resoundingly answering their two biggest question marks: can they run the ball and how will the defense play without Von Miller? Bizarrely, Knowshon Moreno has risen from the grave to answer the first and Denver's secondary has battled the Giants excellent receiving corps to a standstill. Add in Trindon Holliday and I stand by the notion there's no more complete team in football than the Broncos.

Did the RGIII-kneeborg really play that bad?

He didn't play well during the meaningful portion of the game. Too many 3 and outs. And zero points at halftime is unacceptable. That said, he's a distant second to the play of the defense as far as "concerning things about this team" right now.

We're now clearly in the "Eli throws only into triple coverage" phase of the game.

So, on the heels of the AFC North going 0-4 last weekend, it looks like the NFC East is going to get bageled today.

And the lowly AFC West is going 4-0. Who woulda thunk it.

The AFC west as a whole looked really good today (except the Raiders - Jags don't count). Chiefs look like a tough, conservative team and if the old Rivers is here to stay, the Chargers should be a tough opponent as well.

I long for the days when the Chargers used to make Peyton look very mediocre. I doubt we'll see that this season, or ever again for that matter, but one can hope.

Is the Jaguars name inspired by the large cat, or the Aztec warrior? Because I think it'd be wise for the team to start sacrificing its players either way.

This made me chortle :D

People watching Denver game...has Moreno looked really good, or just gotten more touches than the other two members of the committee?

What is Denver's flaw?

A belief that Peppermint Schnapps is only delicious in one's front seat.

People watching Denver game...has Moreno looked really good, or just gotten more touches than the other two members of the committee?

He seems to do more with his runs than Ball does. Also doesn't have a fumble going into the end zone on his resume.

Denver's flaw is a youngish secondary that is penalty prone but still managed 3 int. That should get better.

The experts say that they have little depth on O line, so very little insurance there if say, Clady, goes down at the end of a blowout.

Seattle might be the only stadium in football where even watching on TV you can viscerally feel how difficult it is for the opposing team. Goddamn how tough it must be to execute on the road, in that stadium, against that team.

Archived