NFL 2013 Week 2 - Week 3: Running Back Graveyard

BLU-RAY

Was this an issue? I can't say it even remotely bothered me. I didn't notice it at all.

(Doesn't mean I don't think the previous graphics weren't better.)

It was kind of annoying. I kept thinking there were penalties during the Giants game when there wasn't.

Was this an issue? I can't say it even remotely bothered me. I didn't notice it at all.

(Doesn't mean I don't think the previous graphics weren't better.)

Dude, it was driving me nuts. You have the scroll on the bottom and so you go from one game that's not final to one that is, and your eye gets drawn to this eye-catching bright yellow display that pops up in the same way it does when there's a flag. Made it look like there was a flag on every play.

Dude, it was driving me nuts. You have the scroll on the bottom and so you go from one game that's not final to one that is, and your eye gets drawn to this eye-catching bright yellow display that pops up in the same way it does when there's a flag. Made it look like there was a flag on every play.

Agreed, it was incredibly distracting. Plus, a score that is final is not something that you need to attract my attention to it. Most of the time, I just ignore those scores because I already know that. If I was out doing something on a Sunday and am quickly checking the final scores of games across the league, then I'll already be looking at the ticker and it will have my full attention. Either way, the only time that you should be trying to attract people's attention to the ticker is if a score has changed.

ETA: Also feel like the offense's struggles are explainable. You have a QB coming back from major knee reconstruction who is rusty and hesitant and not quite himself in several ways similar to others trying to return to form from major ACL injuries. The defense, I don't know where to even start to explain it...outside of shaky rookie play in the secondary becoming burnt toast, but that's only part of what is going wrong.

The offense's struggles are somewhat explainable, although poor blocking, ball security and hands aren't related to Griffin. But I stand by my statement that the defense has looked a lot better in the first couple of drives of each game, and then the complete lack of offense has exacerbated their problems. I think that if the offense starts to put together some actual drives in the 1st half then it's reasonable to hope that the defense will be more aggressive. Although at the moment, they look terrible at every level.

Brett Hundley?

Brett Hundley. Racial stereotyping had him as a "dual threat" coming in rather than a pocket guy, and he is mobile, but he's very much a pass-first QB. I think he's just a redshirt sophomore, but he could leave after this year potential. I think McShay or Kiper has him as the #2 pro prospect at QB. I never imagined he'd leave this soon, but now it's looking possible.

That's the guy. My buddy was going on about Hundleys decision making and footwork but that he could work on his back shoulder throw and his arm strength. He says he has a good enough arm, but he's Matt Ryan on a scale of Chad Pennington to Jay Cutler.

That's the guy. My buddy was going on about Hundleys decision making and footwork but that he could work on his back shoulder throw and his arm strength. He says he has a good enough arm, but he's Matt Ryan on a scale of Chad Pennington to Jay Cutler.

Still a work in progress. You can see the good and bad. Definitely not a can't miss prospect at this point.

Brett Hundley. Racial stereotyping had him as a "dual threat" coming in rather than a pocket guy, and he is mobile, but he's very much a pass-first QB. I think he's just a redshirt sophomore, but he could leave after this year potential. I think McShay or Kiper has him as the #2 pro prospect at QB. I never imagined he'd leave this soon, but now it's looking possible.

I think the term "dual threat" has been tainted by associating guys taht are actually "single" threats as "dual threat" guys. Denard Robinson and Taylor Martinez are "single" threats (run only) that get dominated by teams that can shut down the run. Guys like RGIII, Johnny Manziel and Cam Newton are true "dual" threat guys.

i think you are. in all the time that ive been watching college football i think bridgewater is the 5th skill position player that has looked like a can't miss star. well at the skill positions. i dont really attempt to evaluate linemen. peterson, calvin johnson, aj green, and pre-injury lattimore. bridgewater looks to be in that class. better than any qb to come out of college since likely manning. (im guessing, i was too young to see much of mannings college career)

in general you are correct, its easier for a qb to fool people than a pass rusher, but this one specifically, i highly doubt it. if bridgewater isnt better than luck, griffin, kap, etc, i will be shocked

I like Bridgewater, but you honestly believe he's a better prospect than guys like Andrew Luck and Sam Bradford?

The offense's struggles are somewhat explainable, although poor blocking, ball security and hands aren't related to Griffin. But I stand by my statement that the defense has looked a lot better in the first couple of drives of each game, and then the complete lack of offense has exacerbated their problems. I think that if the offense starts to put together some actual drives in the 1st half then it's reasonable to hope that the defense will be more aggressive. Although at the moment, they look terrible at every level.

True, although I think you can also flip it around and say that the defense's struggles both in getting off the field and in falling behind has caused the offense to press. I think the problems of each unit are causing that for the other to mushroom. And I guess from the 50,000 foot view, we're just debating which is worse: a douchebag or a turd sandwich. It's just terrible all around. Even special teams can't have a play without getting a penalty of some kind.

The only silver lining I see has nothing to do with the Skins. They get the Lions (at home) and Raiders these next two weeks and then have a bye. If they can somehow get their shit together immediately, they can maybe right this ship. Otherwise with the Skins schedule, this shit will be guaranteed to snowball. And still might anyway (a la 2006). Can you imagine what Peyton Manning would do to our secondary?

Luck? No. Bradford? Yes.

I'm admittedly a homer, but I encourage you to check out some of Bradford's games from the '08 season, as well his career college statistics. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/188934/year/2008/sam-bradford It's no surprise to me at all that he's off to a great start this year, even with a weak group offensive weapons surrounding him.

I'm admittedly a homer, but I encourage you to check out some of Bradford's games from the '08 season, as well his career college statistics. http://espn.go.com/c...08/sam-bradford It's no surprise to me at all that he's off to a great start this year, even with a weak group offensive weapons surrounding him.

I think Bradford is a decent player with good potential but I think Bridgewater is stronger in the pocket, with a stronger arm and a more willingness to throw down the field. I think if they both came out in the same year, Bridgewater would be #1 and Bradford #2. He wasn't a can't miss prospect in his year and he's proven to be very up and down so far in his career. You make a good point that if he has more weapons and a better OL, he'll likely play better, so it'll be interesting to see how he does this year. I just think that he's not a guy that will win you a large amount of games on his arm alone but needs balance and weapons around him. I don't think he's the type that makes everyone else better but more the type who will only be as good as the people around him.

And ultimately, there is nothing wrong with that. The Bengals are in a similar position, just with better weapons.

I think the term "dual threat" has been tainted by associating guys taht are actually "single" threats as "dual threat" guys. Denard Robinson and Taylor Martinez are "single" threats (run only) that get dominated by teams that can shut down the run. Guys like RGIII, Johnny Manziel and Cam Newton are true "dual" threat guys.

I like Bridgewater, but you honestly believe he's a better prospect than guys like Andrew Luck and Sam Bradford?

Yes. I would definitely call luck can't miss. And would be the second best of the decade.

But last year I came with a really high opinion of luck. By the end of the season I was thinking,the real prize is next year.

Whenever I've seen Bridgewater I things that just seem so translatable. Accuracy. Field vision. Reminds me so much of young peyton

I think the only can't miss offensive linemen I've seen were Joe Thomas and LeCharles Bentley. Orlando Pace as well. There have been quite a few at the skill positions, though. Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Ki-Jana Carter, AJ Green and a lot of others.

I think the only can't miss offensive linemen I've seen were Joe Thomas and LeCharles Bentley. Orlando Pace as well. There have been quite a few at the skill positions, though. Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Ki-Jana Carter, AJ Green and a lot of others.

Except Ki-Jana Carter missed...hard. Yes, it was due to injury, but still, Bengals fans aren't really happy with Carter.

Archived