Behold my cracked pot! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

The Great Jon

Behold my mighty cracked pot, in all its magnificent glory! Okay, well then, this is about the " A great stone beast takes wing from a smoking tower, breathing shadows" vision in the house of the undying. I've wanted to post this for a while with quotes and references but I haven't had the time, so here's my half arsed version. I believe it's POSSIBLY referring to JonCon. It fits as his sigil is a Griffin, and because (unknown to everyone but himself) he has grayscale. (breathing shadows/disease/lies). If you believe fAegon to be be true, (not that JonCon would know this) then the "breathing shadows" fits pretty well. (Black fire!) Since he is trying to get Aegon on the throne as his final goal before he dies, as in that's all he is living and breathing for, and if he is fake, then he is truly breathing shadows (lies/deceit). Works in a few ways, no? But.. the smoking tower bit shakes things up a bit. Maybe after they take Storms End or another castle and a tower is burning that's when he will infect someone else and the plague (great stone beast) will take wing. It could still work without him starting a plague, but.. There has been so many mentions of gray scale throughout the series that I kinda want it to happen. Time is an issue though, as there are only 2 books to go. But like I said, my pot is cracked. I actually think it's totally in pieces. But hey, it's just an idea I had, and I hope it at the very least entertained you for 2 minutes. Now, fire away, dismantle my already shattered pottery!

This has been suggested before, I just can't remember where. :idea:

So there is another pot as cracked as mine? Hooray!!

Yes, I'm the one with the similarly cracked pot. Posted this in a thread about the HOTU prophecies about a month or two ago. Glad somebody else is on board with me.

Behold my mighty cracked pot, in all its magnificent glory! Okay, well then, this is about the " A great stone beast takes wing from a smoking tower, breathing shadows" vision in the house of the undying. I've wanted to post this for a while with quotes and references but I haven't had the time, so here's my half arsed version. I believe it's POSSIBLY referring to JonCon. It fits as his sigil is a Griffin, and because (unknown to everyone but himself) he has grayscale. (breathing shadows/disease/lies). If you believe fAegon to be be true, (not that JonCon would know this) then the "breathing shadows" fits pretty well. (Black fire!) Since he is trying to get Aegon on the throne as his final goal before he dies, as in that's all he is living and breathing for, and if he is fake, then he is truly breathing shadows (lies/deceit). Works in a few ways, no? But.. the smoking tower bit shakes things up a bit. Maybe after they take Storms End or another castle and a tower is burning that's when he will infect someone else and the plague (great stone beast) will take wing. It could still work without him starting a plague, but.. There has been so many mentions of gray scale throughout the series that I kinda want it to happen. Time is an issue though, as there are only 2 books to go. But like I said, my pot is cracked. I actually think it's totally in pieces. But hey, it's just an idea I had, and I hope it at the very least entertained you for 2 minutes. Now, fire away, dismantle my already shattered pottery!

Spoilers!!!!

In WoW Aegon takes storm's end so that actually mean that you're have a point also in DWD it has been noted that Dany should be careful of the mummer's dragon and the griffin which means that they may part of the lie that she slays!

I can't vouch for another pot being as cracked, but I loved your title, it made me.......LOOK, LOOK, LOL

The thread title fucking killed me, brah. I was laughing so hard!

LOOK AT IT!!!

Oh gods :lmao:

Thank, thank you kindly!!

Yes, I'm the one with the similarly cracked pot. Posted this in a thread about the HOTU prophecies about a month or two ago. Glad somebody else is on board with me.

Our cracked pots shall lead us to glory! The convoy has begun, all aboard!!

I agree with the OP actually

Greyscale = the Stone Men

Griffin with greyscale = Stone Beast

The tower could be from Griffin's Roost, where his invasion started (i.e. where he took "flight").

And we've already seen how he started spreading the "lie" about Aegon being real

This is what I think :)

I agree with the OP so the lies are, Stannis, Aegon and Jon Connington

I agree!

My problem with this theory is that Aegon and JonC embody the same lie.

IMO Dany is the slayer of 3 different lies, but I could be wrong.

Good point.

Varys? Perfumed senechal?

Spoilers!!!!

In WoW Aegon takes storm's end so that actually mean that you're have a point also in DWD it has been noted that Dany should be careful of the mummer's dragon and the griffin which means that they may part of the lie that she slays!

This is one of the few ways the smoking tower would fit, if something gets set on fire at the top. Maybe a signal fire to show they have taken the castle? Would be awesome if they took Dragonstone, that would be a mighty smoking tower haha.

Unless JonCon's greyscale runs its entire course and he ends up blind and deranged (and in a smoking tower), I don't think the prophesy will fit.

Hand of the King. Cersei burned The Tower of the Hand.

I like it. I wonder if "Breathing Shadows" may also mean that JonCon is spreading greyscale via airborne infection.

I like it. I wonder if "Breathing Shadows" may also mean that JonCon is spreading greyscale via airborne infection.

One of the many ways the wording works with JonCon.

A pot that's been well cracked. I like the theory and I guess it fits.

I don't think it even resembles a pot anymore!

Teacup then

But what about Tyrion and Stannis' Daughter? Can they be fixed?

A tea cup overflowing with crazy.

Not sure if they can be saved, grayscale can be stopped but I don't think it can be reversed. Because the Baratheons have Targ blood maybe she's the dragon that will awaken from stone hahaha. But seriously, I find Shireen very interesting. Vals reaction that she is "unclean" and should be killed is very.... odd. I wonder what would happen if she came across someone else with greyscale? The start of the grey plauge haha? She'd be imune, but everyone else would be f*cked!!

Archived