GOODKIND IV

Werthead

well, if you fools are really going to try and tackle TG again, just keep one thing in mind: if any of Mystar's flies land on you and begin biting, no matter how much it hurts, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES react, or try to swat the flies.

mystar keeps excellent count of them all, and though he is hideous, he is also very cunning, and stronger than a bull ape. many brave heroes have died underestimating his prowess.

This is great - Mystar's started "Mystar's Daily Wisdom" over at GioG. He doesn't seem to be having as much luck at spamming as he does at the official forums - someone else posted in the thread. But he still quoted himself in his sig ...

But I think it isn't the real Mystar, unfortunately: "When you feel your thing rise, you can relieve it by kicking an 8 yearold girl. It'll make you feel better afterwards, having done your duty in fighting evil that comes in the shape of bratty 8 yearold girls."

Still, whoever's Mystar over at GioG, you're doing a great job. You've even got the little details sorted, like quoting yourself in the sig.

Yes, he's fully aware of it, since he tried to rip into me at length about my parody April Fools' Day 'interview' of Goodkind on wotmania

Could you please provide a link to the above-mentioned interview, preferably with all due haste?

Brys

Just out of curiosity, that Bakker-quote you have in your sig – is it authentic? Where did he write this? As I said, just curious – rather amusing anyhow.

Killjoy is here again folks. ;)

Can we restrain the number of one-line or even one-word posts in these threads please. As a matter of policy we discourage these, and this thread and its predecessors are getting quite bad in that respect. Susbtantial comments are fine, witty one-liners should probably be kept to a minimum.

Thank you.

In honor of the World Cup, todays Terry Goodkind Quote of the Day follows Warren the Wizard as he explains Ja'La, the national sport of the Imperial order. It sounds a bit like soccer, but...

"That isn't the worst of it." Warren kept his eyes ahead as he strode along the shadowed street. To the sides, shutters so faded it was hard to tell they had ever been painted stood closed over narrow windows. "The losing team is brought out onto the field when the game is over, and each is flogged. One lash with a big leather whip for each point scored against them, administered by the winning team. And the rivalry between teams is bitter; it isn't unheard of for men to die from the flogging."

Verna walked in stunned silence as they turned a corner. "The people stay for this flogging."

"I think that's what they go for. The entire crowd supporting the winning team counts out the number of lashes as they're laid on. Emotions run pretty high. People get really worked up over Ja'La. Sometimes there are riots. Even with ten thousand troops trying to keep order, things can get out of hand. The players sometimes start the brawl. The men who play Ja'La are brutes."

"People really like rooting for a team of brutes?"

"The players are heroes. Ja'La players virtually have the run of the city, and can do no wrong. Rules and laws rarely apply to Ja'La players. Crowds of women follow the players around, and after a game there's usually a team orgy. Women fight over who will be with a Ja'La player. The spree goes on for days. To have been with a player is an honor of the highest order, and is so highly contested that bragging rights require witnesses."

"Why?" was all she could think to say.

Warren threw up his hands. "You're a woman; you tell me! When I've been the first in three thousand years to solve a prophecy, I've never had a woman throw her arms around my neck, or want to lick the blood off my back."

"They do that?"

"Fight over it. If he's pleased with her tongue, he might pick her. I hear the players are pretty arrogant, and like to make the eager woman earn the honor of being under him."

Verna looked over and saw that Warren's face was glowing red. "They even want to be with the losing players?"

"It's irrelevant. He's a Ja'La player: a hero. The more brutal, the better. The ones who have killled an opponent with a Ja'La ball are renowned, and are most sought after by the women. People name babies after them. I just don't understand it."

~Terry Goodkind, Blood of the Fold

I would like to thank you for choosing one of my proposals (Flood of the Fallen) for the subtitle. I can only say that I believe that the winning subtitle is the best of all.

I'm so proud of myself that I would like to run, sword in hand, and start butchering peace protestors right and left. I have my "thing" up! Now, after reading this last quote I have changed my mind: I want to take part Ja'La game. It's an altruist thing, yes, but it's even better because by simply being played every woman on this planet will be suddenly turned into a weak minded individual that will adore me.

After a time, killing unarmed peace protestors and kicking little girls faces becomes quite dull, let's try something new.

Good lord, I'd managed to suppress that part... and, for that matter, most of the rest of Blood of the Fold. So what are we to think of this?

I suppose this is Goodkind expressing, in his usual ever-so-subtle way, what he thinks about sport stars and movie stars and the likes being considered "heroes." After all, real heroes are the ones who go out there and slice communists to pieces.

But the part about women... bleh. They fight each other over the right to lick the blood off a beaten player's back, because if they do it well he might concede to sleep with her? I thought that it was bad when he assumed that most women would be frantically eager to get knocked up by some guy she didn't know and might not even like, just as long as she got paid for raising the baby. But this just goes beyond that.

Is it just me, or do I detect a slight hint of "All women are dirty whores! (except for my heroines)"...?

Is it just me, or do I detect a slight hint of "All women are dirty whores! (except for my heroines)"...?

Actually, I think its been established that Kahlan is the dirtiest whore of them all. She did, after all, fuck Richard's brother quite enthusiastically for no particular reason.

Yeah, someone was definately picked last for kickball in gym class and/or bullied by the jocks in high school. Real subtle stuff here.

I seem to remember someone mentioning that Kahlan gave some guy a blowjob to save Richard or some such nonsense. Did this actually happen or was the person just making a joke? I think that might make a good quote of the day if it did.

I seem to remember someone mentioning that Kahlan gave some guy a blowjob to save Richard or some such nonsense. Did this actually happen or was the person just making a joke? I think that might make a good quote of the day if it did.

Sorry, no recollection of anything like that happening. Too bad, it would make a good QotD.

Wasn't someone talkign about khalan tasting her own blood (menstrual/hymen?) because of giving someone a blowjob? The disgust sounded too real to not have been written somewhere.

Wasn't someone talkign about khalan tasting her own blood (menstrual/hymen?) because of giving someone a blowjob? The disgust sounded too real to not have been written somewhere.

That was when she had to marry Richard's brother in order to appease the spirits and gain Richard access to the temple of the winds. She thought she was with his brother, and, well, long story short, she screwed him, but took no pleasure in it, then decided she had to, so she blew him. And yes, it was her time of the month. I'll dig up the passage.

For the person wanting the AFD 'interview', here is the link. It's nothing too graphic or anything like that, but it should be familiar in tone to many who've read the authentic interviews. Or so I would hope, since I only altered slightly in places what Goodkind had said before. :P

Archived