GOODKIND IV

Werthead

A question from someone who has (phew!) never read any Goodkind - what's all this Yeard stuff about? Or is it only for True Believers, and are you going to make me read the books to find out? (no! no!)

Its the beard/ponytail combo that TG wears, and that Richard will probably be sporting any time now.

*shudder* Note to self; don't read this thread while eating. :sick:

Just for fun, here's a Non-Quote of the Day.

Kahlan felt as though a giant fist had gripped her heart as Richard's raptor-like gaze settled on her. She always felt that he could never be more handsome, but the beard and ponytail he had grown proved her wrong. A "Yeard" he called it, as had the wizards of old, according to Kolo's journal. The mark of a War Wizard, a master of his arts. Arms crossed against the black of his shirt, stern eyes regarded her, making her feel small. She felt too young, too foolish to fully understand him and the noble ideals that made him so much greater than other men. To see him like that struck her like lightning. He was vision to the blind, food to the hungry, life to the dying. She fell to the floor and wept with pure joy at being in his presence.

~The Mad Moose, What I expect we'll find in Phantom

Yikes! I think I have discovered your true secret identity Mad Moose - you are Terry Goodkind! Having discovered people's love of bad literature and your understanding of the Wizards First Rule you are promoting your Sword of Truth series via this thread in a daring and revolutionary reverse marketing campaign. The style of writing you used in that last passage was a dead giveaway. Admit it you fraud!

Nice, Moose, but you forgot the part where she says how she touched him with her power. And he says that he was able to use the power of the yeard to protect himself. And she falls to the ground weeping again. And the men laugh.

okay, I made myself sick again.

I think the word "Yeard" is a private joke originating from News from the insane world of Goodkind, part II. Contraction of beard and yeast or something, can't remember... One thing is sure, Everyone weep when they witness the beauty that is Terry's yeard, then all the men laugh.

Actually, IIRC the term 'Yeard' emerged from a discussion on another site. Mystar himself (shallow be thy name) used it, suggesting it has the Official TG Seal of Approval.

Because the Yard is the symbol of American affluence and the butt of many jokes about misplaced bourgeois pride in property? ;)

Kahlan felt as though a giant fist had gripped her heart as Richard's raptor-like gaze settled on her. She always felt that he could never be more handsome, but the beard and ponytail he had grown proved her wrong. A "Yeard" he called it, as had the wizards of old, according to Kolo's journal. The mark of a War Wizard, a master of his arts. Arms crossed against the black of his shirt, stern eyes regarded her, making her feel small. She felt too young, too foolish to fully understand him and the noble ideals that made him so much greater than other men. To see him like that struck her like lightning. He was vision to the blind, food to the hungry, life to the dying. She fell to the floor and wept with pure joy at being in his presence.

...this is good stuff, almost like TG himself wrote it....XD

And oh, the Chicken/Not a Chicken guy is on the prowl again.....

...this is good stuff, almost like TG himself wrote it....XD

And oh, the Chicken/Not a Chicken guy is on the prowl again.....

Thanks! I guess?

I'm not worried about the Chicken/Not a Chicken, I figure, with a name like that he's gotta be one of us.

Btw, Wolf Maid, what's with the XD that shows up in all of your posts? jus' wundrin'.

Its the beard/ponytail combo that TG wears, and that Richard will probably be sporting any time now.

But he does! At least on one cover version I've seen of Blood of the Fold I think it was... :P

But he does! At least on one cover version I've seen of Blood of the Fold I think it was... :P

The cover of Stone of Tears shows Richard with a beard, and at a quick glance it looks like he has a pony tail, but its just something on his back unfortuneately.

*Ahem* I am a 'she' thank you very much

Oh? Cool.

And isn't that the Linux penguin? (for some strange reason, when I see penguins, I'm reminded of that flash game where penguins are crushed by...rocks, I think. Hm. Wonder if they could do a chicken version of that?)

Btw, Wolf Maid, what's with the XD that shows up in all of your posts? jus' wundrin'.

Oh, that? It's a sort of 'smiley' (like :D), which, now that I think about it, is used mostly by people who are exposed to anime and manga. It's used to express that you're insanely amused about something (or at least that's what I know). Sorry if it confused anyone. :D

Archived