GOODKIND IV

Werthead

I will offer up a kind and honest warning. Leave my child or his up bringing out of any such commentary.

Or you will do what... exactly? Hunt me down and kill me? Press charges? Insult my intelligence and morals... wait, you already do that one every time you post.

Oh, don't get me wrong. You'll get your wish - I have no interest in talking about your progeny. I'm just wondering if you realise how ridicolous you sound. In fact, I'm starting to disbelieve in you completely. Surely no sensible fourty-year-old can sound this much like a blustering teenager?

Then again, objectivism sounds a lot like what I believed in when I was fifteen, and obviously there's a number of older people who never got past that point.

Found this today when looking into some Robert Stanek related controversy. At first, I thought it was oddly coincidental to find Stanek and Tairy in the same article. But then, after considering the subject, reconsidered. It fits.

Warning: the article is a bit mean-spirited.

Mystar is quick, I'll give him that. After the comment about heading over to Goodkind's official forum for some honest debate I decided I'd give it a shot. Even with 2 or 3 people on the forum and no one posting in that subforum for a day or two mystar had deleted my post within 10 minutes.

All you do is attack attack attack with your petty complaints about insignificant details. It took michaelangelo three years to complete David and.....SO what? You cannot measure Richard's abilities based on your own inferior little scale. Richard is a truly noble spirit and can achieve things far greater than to your petty standards.

You found me out Chicken/Not Chicken!! I HATE all that is good and free!! I WANT the entire world to be evil and ugly where all NOBLE SOULS tremble in fear at the wickedness that SURROUNDS them! My only living goal is to CRUSH the noble human spirit and subject them all to a living HELL*

Down with Goats!! Is my battle cry

*Mystar children are a notable exception to this.

I asked a few pointed questions about the peace protester slaughter in Naked Empire. I guess the way to go about it is to pretend to be a fan initially and then drop the bomb in the middle of an existing thread, but I don't have the stomach for that.

Crapauthors.com! I love it. Mean-spirited doesn't begin to describe it.

Interesting site. There happens to be an author there called "Dominic Mieville". I wonder if he's any relation to the better known China Mieville. One of the comments:

Who gives a shit if somebody defends the work of another they admire? Do you really care that Mystar, who happens to be a real friend of mine, considers Mr. Goodkind to be one of his closest friends? My God Mr. Goodkind is an author for christ sakes. Yet he is one of the most slammed author I've ever seen on the web.

How do all these Goodkind fans know each other so well? As for that last sentence, I think I understand why.

But really, that quote above was entirely understandable. It was this part of the comment that was utterly ridiculous:

If you’re truely interested in debating WITH SUBSTANCE the Sword of Truth series…if you really want somebody to actually give you their opinion ina logical well thought out manor I invite you to www.terrygoodkind.net. We invite anyone who can debate with integrity and class..EVEN IF WE DONT AGREE WITH THEM. You’ll have a voice. As long as you’re respectful you can voice any opinion you dare to have

Look at the post above - as you can see, they don't accept other opinions.

Bloody hell, read the comments for the article in question. If this isn’t unintended hilarity, I seriously don’t know what is.

Silverstar - a supporter of Terry and brother-in-arms with Mystar proclaims his dismay with the blog entry. Like his collaborators, he appears to have a slight problem with punctuation. Either that or he has raised his admiration for Lord Yeard to divine proportions (although I was under the impression that the latter was not involved in the cause of Christ, being against organised religion):

Who gives a shit if somebody defends the work of another they admire? Do you really care that Mystar, who happens to be a real friend of mine, considers Mr. Goodkind to be one of his closest friends? My God Mr. Goodkind is an author for christ sakes. Yet he is one of the most slammed author I’ve ever seen on the web.

:rofl:

EDIT: Damnation, Brys beat me to it. Oh well.

Thanks for the great link.

And yet, SilverStar, this statement seems to be disproved by your spending time replying to this blog entry at such length. Still, time spent with us is time spent not ‘reading’ Terry Goodcunt’s ‘books’ and is therefore cause for celebration. If you stop reading Terry for long enough your literacy might improve so much that one day you may even be able to spell ‘manner’ correctly! Welcome, friend!

One of the great comments from the link. (and yes, I'm thinking SilverStar could be mystar, but hey, I could be wrong) and is it just me, or did mystar seem to have swallowed the theasaurus when he posted the last time?

Mystar is quick, I'll give him that. After the comment about heading over to Goodkind's official forum for some honest debate I decided I'd give it a shot. Even with 2 or 3 people on the forum and no one posting in that subforum for a day or two mystar had deleted my post within 10 minutes.

If you had used something other than abrasive and wording that is a blatant attempt at evoking an attack I would have allowed it. But you seem incapable of posting in such a manor... oh your prose seems to be lacking of maturity and professionalism. Perhaps you should sleep on it and try again....

We would welcome such a post, but only if you can place it with out the contentious note... You missed the responses to it as well...

You are, as I said, welcome to rephrase it, and it will stand...

Thanks for the great link.

One of the great comments from the link. (and yes, I'm thinking SilverStar could be mystar, but hey, I could be wrong) and is it just me, or did mystar seem to have swallowed the theasaurus when he posted the last time?

Sorry, I'm not as well spoken as Silverstar. She is much more eloquent than I. Though I only know her from on line, I count her as a dear friend and like all my friends, valuable and respected.

As for the rest of it, I simply took my time and chose my words rather than the usual. I simply refuse to waste my time of any of your other nonsense.

If you had used something other than abrasive and wording that is a blatant attempt at evoking an attack I would have allowed it. But you seem incapable of posting in such a manor... oh your prose seems to be lacking of maturity and professionalism. Perhaps you should sleep on it and try again....

We would welcome such a post, but only if you can place it with out the contentious note... You missed the responses to it as well...

You are, as I said, welcome to rephrase it, and it will stand...

Thanks for the clarification. In other words, anyone is welcome to debate over on your board, as long as they're sure to remove any point of contention from their posts. That makes alot of sense.

Just a quick question (as someone who hasn't read any TG and is hoping to avoid it). Is GioG for real? I honestly can't tell whether it's genuine or not.

No, it's a piss-take. Or it started as a piss-take. Except now, as I understand it, there are real fans on there who think it's real, and other people who hate the books who get into rabid arguments with people who also hate the books but pretend to love them for comic effect. It's very post-modern. Or something.

Archived