HBO's "Westworld" [Spoilers!]

AncalagonTheBlack

I don't know how HBO scheduling works in the US but maybe they need to consider the possibility of using days other than Sunday?

On the brightside I'd forgotte about this show so I can handle waiting longer. Ed HArris looks like a good choice though.

Oh thank God I misread the thread title thought it said "remake of waterworld"

Waterworld by HBO - it could work. They'd have swim naked though. Try and cash in on the Mad Max rebirth/style and I'd watch.

Considering how little they've shown of it thus far, not surprising that it ended up delayed.

What? They have nothing in the Fall then.

The Leftovers is airing in the Fall this year. True Detective has the summer slot. Bridging the six week gap between them is a six episode miniseries beginning August 16 called 'Show Me a Hero.'

I don't know how many episodes season two of The Leftovers will get, but there will likely be another gap in December after it ends. They may double up on comedies to fill it like they did in January/February of this year.

• 1 month later...

That looks really good.

Who was that talking though? It sounded like Viggo Mortensen to me, but as far I know he's not involved with the show.

I wonder when it'll air next year. Between this and Vinyl (which I didn't think was as far along as it is), HBO all of a sudden has a pretty crowded drama slate next year. I'm going to assume that Game of Thrones will have its usual spring slot and that The Leftovers S3 won't be until next fall (considering S2 hasn't even aired yet). If True Detective S3 is next year, I'd think it would have to be fall as well (although I'm guessing it isn't on until 2017). So there's a good chance either this or Vinyl starts in January/February next year, probably Vinyl since it looks closer to being ready (longer trailer), but the possibility of finally seeing this in under six months from now is very cool.

ETA:

Do we know if this will be only one season or more?

As far as I know, its supposed to go multi-season (long as it doesn't tank like John From Cincinnati of course). Although, its a hell of a cast for HBO to have locked-up for multiple seasons.

That looks really good.

Who was that talking though? It sounded like Viggo Mortensen to me, but as far I know he's not involved with the show.

I wonder when it'll air next year. Between this and Vinyl (which I didn't think was as far along as it is), HBO all of a sudden has a pretty crowded drama slate next year. I'm going to assume that Game of Thrones will have its usual spring slot and that The Leftovers S3 won't be until next fall (considering S2 hasn't even aired yet). If True Detective S3 is next year, I'd think it would have to be fall as well (although I'm guessing it isn't on until 2017). So there's a good chance either this or Vinyl starts in January/February next year, probably Vinyl since it looks closer to being ready (longer trailer), but the possibility of finally seeing this in under six months from now is very cool.

ETA:

As far as I know, its supposed to go multi-season (long as it doesn't tank like John From Cincinnati of course). Although, its a hell of a cast for HBO to have locked-up for multiple seasons.

I think they'd want to pair Westworld with GoT, so maybe in June after the GoT Season 6 finale? Unless True Detective Season 3 airs after GoT like it did this year. There's really no place else for it since The Leftovers is in the Fall, unless The Leftovers doesn't get a third season?

I've been expecting this to be good since the cast was announced tbh. Still can't decide if I want to watch the movie it's based on or not

The movie isn't worth watching, in my opinion. There's really nothing to it beyond the basic premise. 

That looks really good.

I was thinking it was Ed Harris?

I'm starting to get more and more excited to see what they are going to do with this.

I was thinking it was Ed Harris?

I'm thinking it was Jeffrey Wright after a quick look at who was cast in this.

Anyway, not familiar at all with this, but it looks mighty interesting.

Archived