HBO's "Westworld" [Spoilers!]

AncalagonTheBlack

Really good start. I agree, this could be the next big show for HBO. Good performances, interesting twists, and some gorgeous scenery. 

Wrt the picture, wouldn't the guests be searched for personal effects before entering Westworld? I guess the lady was just able to sneak it in? Seems weird someone would.

:dunno: 

16 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Speaking of the score, I liked the piano versions of Black Hole Son & Paint it Black. Very cool.

Yeah I really liked the player piano version of Black Hole Sun

I couldnt get over how much Evan Rachel Wood looks like Anna Paquin (Suki Waterhouse) from "True Blood". I actually had to look up the cast list to make sure I wasnt seeing things.

Anyways very enjoyable, I love half this cast going in (Thandie, Hopkins, Wright, Harris, Wood)  this look to be a fun series going forward.

Host: The term used for Westworld's robot inhabitants. 

Guest: The term used for Westworld's human visitors.

Newcomer: The term the hosts use for Westworld's human visitors.

6 hours ago, Slurktan said:

So that was utterly fantastic.  Is Ed Harris a guest as implied? Or something different?

Jonathan Nolan said he was just a human guest on the after episode thing. Great character either way, and Harris is absolutely perfect for the role.

I wonder how the humans know not to kill each other? Very interested to see when the guests first get there and go through the whole process of arriving to Westworld...seeing all the do's and don'ts. Hopefully that will happen next episode. Very intriguing pilot and excited to see where they go with it. 

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I couldnt get over how much Evan Rachel Wood looks like Anna Paquin (Suki Waterhouse) from "True Blood". I actually had to look up the cast list to make sure I wasnt seeing things.

Haha what they look nothing alike to me. You know Evan Rachel Wood was on True Blood as well right? Anyway I could see Emmys in her future from this role. She was mesmerizing. 

Good grief that was amazing. I went in without any expectations (never saw the original and didn't register any hype coming into this) and was blown away. It was beautifully produced, superbly written and creepy as all hell. I'm chomping at the bit to see what happens next - almost makes me wish I had binged.  :lol:   And yes, Evan Rachel Wood was phenomenal. All the performances were really good. The guy who played her "dad" was amazing too.

^Same here. No expectations, but was impressed with everything, from production to characters and writing. A very intriguing plot. GoT may not be present at next year's Emmys due to their production delay, but I have a feeling this will take its place. Evan Rachel Wood was amazing, as was the actor who played her dad. Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins and the rest of the cast were all solid.

I don't have HBO right now (watched this at my parents house) but I think I will sign up for NOW in the near future. Might keep the show to a binge, though.

Archived