I cant believe why daenerys is view like a god......by some readers

raegal_targaryen

In this thread i would like to discuss.... the potential she has wasted on say her naive view of the world and on how the hell she can rule the seven kingdoms.....

i dont see her doing more good for the world than lets say robert baratheon.

Bob gave relief from a mad man and 10 years of peace,fragile peace yeah,but peace.

I'll say nothing on Dany now though,But this thread if not locked will be great fun.

Dany is a great person - she is a true liberator in the East. The historical importance of what she is doing for the slaves of Worlderos is immense.

Of course she's wielding power awkwardly and clumsily as she learns, and she tends to bite off more than she should.

She is flawed and immature, but she is not ordinary - she is great, she is the Dragon.

More on point, ruling in Slaver's Bay should be good practice for ruling Westeros, if she ever does.

More on point, ruling in Slaver's Bay should be good practice for ruling Westeros, if she ever does.

It's completely different,It's like practicing Basketball and Playing Chess.Different settings,Different games,different people,different styles,So I disagree.

It's completely different,It's like practicing Basketball and Playing Chess.Different settings,Different games,different people,different styles,So I disagree.

Different conditions, certainly. But there are still basic principles of ruling that she can learn there. Better than nothing; I don't think there are any other schools for her to learn in.

i dont see her doing more good for the world than lets say robert baratheon.

With her dragons she has a unique weapon against the Others, if what we believe of the Others is actually true (that they are the supreme evil). If she does end up saving Westeros w/ her dragons, regardless of whether or not she ends up ruling, she would have done more good than Bob IMO.

With her dragons she has a unique weapon against the Others, if what we believe of the Others is actually true (that they are the supreme evil). If she does end up saving Westeros w/ her dragons, regardless of whether or not she ends up ruling, she would have done more good than Bob IMO.

Are dragons unique weapon against Others? I don't recall that being ever stated...

I'm sorry. But does anyone really, not see a return to the slave trade; once she heads for Westeros? I mean come on! We are talking about thousands years on an economy coming to a full hault. Not likely IMO. We have already seen exceptions being made, as it is. Don't get me wrong, I like her stance on it and admire her; it truly is a noble cause. But you don't stop thosands of years of "tradition", by force and it will not happen in a short time frame. The only way I see it happening, is if after coming to Westeros and doing what ever the hell she is going to do; she says "screw it" heads back to Essos with her dragons and rules that part of the world. I just feel she bit off more than she could chew.

Are dragons unique weapon against Others? I don't recall that being ever stated...

come on! they spit freakin dragon fire which hurts even fire imune targs.....

haha just kiddin but how could a fire breathing, flying beast not be considered a unique weapon against an opponent that is based in cold and doesn't like fire?

There is no mention of dragons being used during the first Long Night. Dragons could be a very useful weapon against the Others but I don't think that the fate of Westeros rests solely on dragons.

Archived