I cant believe why daenerys is view like a god......by some readers

raegal_targaryen

come on! they spit freakin dragon fire which hurts even fire imune targs.....

haha just kiddin but how could a fire breathing, flying beast not be considered a unique weapon against an opponent that is based in cold and doesn't like fire?

Against Wights, yes. Others, we don't know. We have no clue what fire does to them. Nor do we have any idea on their numbers.

come on! they spit freakin dragon fire which hurts even fire imune targs.....

haha just kiddin but how could a fire breathing, flying beast not be considered a unique weapon against an opponent that is based in cold and doesn't like fire?

Because if fire is able to destroy them, what is the point of obsidian. And that is like the only real weapon against the Others. We can say that fire can harm wights, no denying that, but Others are different thing. Also, who can say that Others can't harm dragons?

I'm sorry. But does anyone really, not see a return to the slave trade; once she heads for Westeros? I mean come on! We are talking about thousands years on an economy coming to a full hault. Not likely IMO. We have already seen exceptions being made, as it is. Don't get me wrong, I like her stance on it and admire her; it truly is a noble cause. But you don't stop thosands of years of "tradition", by force and it will not happen in a short time frame. The only way I see it happening, is if after coming to Westeros and doing what ever the hell she is going to do; she says "screw it" heads back to Essos with her dragons and rules that part of the world. I just feel she bit off more than she could chew.

The end of slavery must have a beginning, even if it's a long process. I agree it will be irresponsible if Dany leaves for Westeros and abandons her freed slaves.

This will be a good test of her character.

Obsidian = Dragon Glass = Frozen Fire

Dragons = Fire made flesh

But that was not the point captain specific. "unique weapon against the others" doesn't necesarily mean directly against the others but to defeat them you'd probably have to defeat their army of wights as well

dragons are unique, they can be used to defeat the others

so there was nothing wrong with that comment

I just didn't see the need rip that coment up

As many say she is not the type of ruler that can be alone on the throne, she needs a lot of help, but I do not see martin paving danys role to rule the 7K, but to save them.

Save 7K from what? Chaos those dragons will cause?

But that was not the point captain specific.

Devil is in the detail...

Dany is a great person - she is a true liberator in the East. The historical importance of what she is doing for the slaves of Worlderos is immense.

Of course she's wielding power awkwardly and clumsily as she learns, and she tends to bite off more than she should.

She is flawed and immature, but she is not ordinary - she is great, she is the Dragon.

More on point, ruling in Slaver's Bay should be good practice for ruling Westeros, if she ever does.

Bloody practice, all she's really done is cause instability in the region. Living conditions are worse, thousands are dying of plague and war, this is not good signs for someone aspiring to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Slavers Bay was ASOIAF's biggest folly yet. She tried to do the right thing, and failed.

Devil is in the detail...

that being the case that poster was technically correct, you missed the details of what was written

once again "unique weapon against the others" dragons are unique, dragons can be used as a weapon to help defeat the others

I fail to see why you had to rip that apart, other than trying to feel superior to the person who posted the comment

that being the case that poster was technically correct, you missed the details of what was written

once again "unique weapon against the others" dragons are unique, dragons can be used as a weapon to help defeat the others

I fail to see why you had to rip that apart, other than trying to feel superior to the person who posted the comment

Yes, I am the Nazi of this forum...

I merely stated my opinion that I am not so certain that dragons can be effectively used against Others. We have no proof they can, so I don't see what is the problem here... I am sorry if my opinion offended you, but that's not on me... Also, I haven't rip that comment apart, I just clarified what we know dragons can do.

As for someone being superior, I imagine name calling in order to offend poster because they got something right is something we can assess as need to feel superior.

definition of a god:

God

gäd/

noun - 2) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes

It seems Dany fits the criteria of a god:

called "Mother" and worshipped by masses - check

having power over nature - being questionably fireproof and hatching supernatural beings through blood magic - check

I would see how not only the reader would view Dany as a god, but more than that - how she was created by the author to fit the criteria of being a god.

Yes, I am the Nazi of this forum...

I merely stated my opinion that I am not so certain that dragons can be effectively used against Others. We have no proof they can, so I don't see what is the problem here... I am sorry if my opinion offended you, but that's not on me... Also, I haven't rip that comment apart, I just clarified what we know dragons can do.

As for someone being superior, I imagine name calling in order to offend poster because they got something right is something we can assess as need to feel superior.

HEY MLADEN whats up i cya here to thats great :D

Bloody practice, all she's really done is cause instability in the region. Living conditions are worse, thousands are dying of plague and war, this is not good signs for someone aspiring to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Slavers Bay was ASOIAF's biggest folly yet. She tried to do the right thing, and failed.

I think it's too early to declare what Dany did in Slaver's Bay a failure. A mess, certainly. But I don't think it's over yet. What Dany did was revolutionary and historic - freeing the slaves. Of course there would be a huge backlash to that. But isn't it a fight worth fighting? (How bloody and messy was the US Civil War?)

Bloody practice is still better than no practice. No way to get good at something without trying.

It remains to be seen whether or not the dragons are useful against the others. I bet they´d be veeeeeeery helpful, but I don´t even know if we ever will see those two sides do battle.

I have sympathy with Dany, maybe she´s going mad, but her true test is in the upcoming book. She has made blunders but the biggest blunder is GRRM for not making his readers more interested in her story arc.

It remains to be seen whether or not the dragons are useful against the others. I bet they´d be veeeeeeery helpful, but I don´t even know if we ever will see those two sides do battle.

I have sympathy with Dany, maybe she´s going mad, but her true test is in the upcoming book. She has made blunders but the biggest blunder is GRRM for not making his readers more interested in her story arc.

I'm interested in her story arc. AFfC-ADwD is the middle part of the story. For what it is, I think it's fine. Things will get hot for Dany in the final 2 books, I'm sure.

well clearly u are jon fan right. and those fans usally are very critiqal over dany and should be well u know her story.and its cool that ur on this thread and not just on my other one :D

I am on both threads :). Being Jon fan doesn't make me Dany hater, as being Sansa fan doesn't make me Arya hater, but opposite. I adore Arya... I simply give my opinions regarding restrictions Dany will face. Dragons are not answer to everything, especially given the fact they are that young, and that Aegon I's dragons were 200 years old...

I am on both threads :). Being Jon fan doesn't make me Dany hater, as being Sansa fan doesn't make me Arya hater, but opposite. I adore Arya... I simply give my opinions regarding restrictions Dany will face. Dragons are not answer to everything, especially given the fact they are that young, and that Aegon I's dragons were 200 years old...

i can literaly say i agree with u there and here is why, aegon the conqueror knew how too train and keep the dragons under check dany doesnt, and wild uncontrollable dragons equals mass murders in the plenty, and on the other hand she is mistreating viserion and rhaegal, almost i think she i better than her real brothers as the one true dragon.

Archived