I cant believe why daenerys is view like a god......by some readers

raegal_targaryen

i dont see how u can enjoy her story in adwd really dont understand? please elaborate why ?

I like the fact that we get to see what's going on in the greater world, not just in the 7 Kingdoms. Dany's story give us a greater view.

Yes, the Mereneese names & intrigues can be tiresome. And all male readers are jealous of Daario and hate him.

But we get to watch Dany rule, make mistakes, learn. I want some hot Dany action in TWoW, though. If it's more Sons of the Harpy stuff, ehh... But I have faith in GRRM to deliver.

the point is the single thing that you picked out of that person's post was correct and there was no need to do what you did

but i can see you have all the answers so enjoy being a bully on the forum

They didn't say she could go and melt all the Others directly with her dragons.

They didn't say she could get her dragons to eat them.

So are you saying that dragons aren't unique?

Are you saying that they can't be used as a weapon in the fight against the others?

I apologise for the direct statement against you but you don't need a direct statement to try and make someone feel stupid which seemed your intent. If that was not your intent then I am sorry once again but then you need to be more carefull not to sound condescending that way less people are apt to call you on it, percieved or real

I think it's too early to declare what Dany did in Slaver's Bay a failure. A mess, certainly. But I don't think it's over yet. What Dany did was revolutionary and historic - freeing the slaves. Of course there would be a huge backlash to that. But isn't it a fight worth fighting? (How bloody and messy was the US Civil War?)

Bloody practice is still better than no practice. No way to get good at something without trying.

It was definitely revolutionary and historic. But what she was up against was too strong. In the end, she's just caused more suffering for the people of the bay. She should've waited until she had taken westeros( I pray to god it never happens) before trying to sort out the Ghiscari

Yes, I am the Nazi of this forum...

I merely stated my opinion that I am not so certain that dragons can be effectively used against Others. We have no proof they can, so I don't see what is the problem here... I am sorry if my opinion offended you, but that's not on me... Also, I haven't rip that comment apart, I just clarified what we know dragons can do.

As for someone being superior, I imagine name calling in order to offend poster because they got something right is something we can assess as need to feel superior.

Are dragons not a unique weapon?

Are wights not a part of the Others army?

Is fire not one of the ways to defeat a wight?

ETA: There was also many IF's in that statement as well

i dont see how u can enjoy her story in adwd really dont understand? please elaborate why ?

I dislike Daenerys immensely for reasons I wont go into. However, her storyline is still intresting in parts, despite often being frustrating and slow. It has some good moments, and some bad ones, and some that are completely irrelevant/aggravatingly stupid.

I like the fact that we get to see what's going on in the greater world, not just in the 7 Kingdoms. Dany's story give us a greater view.

Yes, the Mereneese names & intrigues can be tiresome. And all male readers are jealous of Daario and hate him.

But we get to watch Dany rule, make mistakes, learn.

Yeah I actually enjoyed her Mereen chapters.

I could say:

I cant believe why daenerys is view like a devil......by some readers

I agree. I don't understand why it seems that some readers who seem to support someone else as the eventual ruler, or PTWP, or AA, or whatever............must vilify another. I'd thought it was pretty clear, no one seems all good or all bad, especially the candidates for these various postions and prophecies.

but i can see you have all the answers so enjoy being a bully on the forum

I am not a bully, and please, stop attacking me...

1. We have obsidian, dragonsteel, we don't know whether CotF have some magic that can help in War with Others, so, no, dragons are not unique weapon against Others.

2. Wights are part of the Others' army, with "part" being the key word

3. Fire is definitely a way to kill a wight, but at the end, any fire would be able to kill a wight as we have seen. It doesn't have to be dragon's fire

Also, we should remember that dragons didn't participate in First War for Dawn, and somehow humanity prevailed. We should also remember that Field of fire kind of battlefield is impossible for these dragons to achieve given that Aegon I's dragons were significantly older, and therefore bigger than Dany's dragons. There are a lot of elements here that simply doesn't lead us straightforward to conclusion that dragons will have key role in War for Dawn 2.0.

ETA: There was also many IF's in that statement as well

I have to think that using the dragons to wipe out the armies and armies of wights that the Others seem able to make, must be worth something in the upcoming battle.

But we get to watch Dany rule, make mistakes, learn. I want some hot Dany action in TWoW, though. If it's more Sons of the Harpy stuff, ehh... But I have faith in GRRM to deliver.

I totally agree. When the story began, she was still a child. It has been a long process to develop and mature her character in to someone who can effectively rule and that process is still underway. I guess I always thought as a teenager she would make mistakes along the way, so I didn't hold it against her when she did. If her character continues to go nowhere, then I will lose interest. Until then I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

I am a Dany fan but she isn't exactly viewed as a God(ess) by me. If you look at her from the slave standpoint, she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, a walking miracle who has give them what they so desired (an incidentally undoing a great wrong the Old Valyrians did).

From the ruling standpoint; she is likeable enough bu has made some grave blunders. However, when you consider her age and her lack of education and guidance, she has not done so badly as people make out. I admit she is flawed and not god(ess)like, but she is by no means terrible.

Team Dany, woo!

I'm an ardent Dany fan, but I don't view her as a god, at all.

This is why, of all Dany fans, I like you and PatrickStormborn. Both of you are so understanding when it comes to Dany, her strengths and her flaws... Congratulations on that... It is a quality rarely seen among "misogynistic argumentative" "fireproof" Dany fans...

Archived