Jon and Sam chapter

Aemon_Targaryen_939

• 5 months later...

I just finished these two chapters back to back, as I am reading a combined copy of AFFC and ADWD. It was kinda redundant reading them that way, although I can appreciate what it must have been like to have waited for ADWD and got to see into Jon's mind this time around. I was actually looking on here for a topic on this because I found it interesting that Martin did that.

I just finished these two chapters back to back, as I am reading a combined copy of AFFC and ADWD. It was kinda redundant reading them that way, although I can appreciate what it must have been like to have waited for ADWD and got to see into Jon's mind this time around. I was actually looking on here for a topic on this because I found it interesting that Martin did that.

I read them back to back as well. I skimmed over most of the dialogue because I had literally JUST READ IT, but it was definitely interesting to see what was really going on from Jons POV.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, this is my first post on the forums.

I have just read Jon's second chapter in Dance, and I have found that there is the exact same dialouge between him and Sam as there is towards the end of A Storm of Swords, but in A Storm it was seen from Sam's POV. I think that was pretty cool. Did anyone else notice this?

yes. when I was first reading this I thought - this seems incredibly familiar ... did Martin make a mistake and include something from the last book? ... had to open up both chapters at the same time to figure out what he was doing. Very cool little trick - but probably something that wouldn't work well to do more than once (or twice...)

Archived