[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Final Two Episodes

Mya Stone

Walt gave himself up because he knew Hank had no case.Saul would have ripped him apart.Mrie asked Skylar for all the tapes that they made but i have a feeling that Saul has a couple of them.

Except... uh... Hank just found out where the money was buried and was going to have a team uncover his 80 million dollars. How would Walt explain that?

Not to mention the fact that he probably had him recorded on the phone admitting to poisoning Brock, killing Gus, Crazy 8 and those two "gangbangers".

Not true; he was already interested as soon as he heard the specific coordinates. That alone was unusual. When he heard about the money he figured out what was actually there, but the coordinates were worth a check regardless.

Yeah, Uncle Jack pretty much says this. He also said something like "look, i even brought a showel." They came in with the intention to find what's there.

Except... uh... Hank just found out where the money was buried and was going to have a team uncover his 80 million dollars. How would Walt explain that?

Not to mention the fact that he probably had him recorded on the phone admitting to poisoning Brock, killing Gus, Crazy 8 and those two "gangbangers".

yeah but none of those recordings would be admissable in court...Walt could always say he stole that money from Hank the kingpin and he was kidnapped and forced to show him where it was at.Jesse confessed for fear that hank woul;d hurt him even worse and Gomey went along with it to get his cut.They can find the money but can't prove its Walt's.Huell's word is no good since he was coerced by hank and gomey.

I think Hank is supposed to be seen as Walt's exact opposite.

Walt is a generally evil character who lets the little good that's left in him shine through sometimes (like with the phone call in the last episode), while Hank is a generally good person who lets the darkness take over sometimes.

Hank seems like an average "good guy". Fucks up sometimes, but owns up to it. Walt on the other hand, is a "bad guy", whose acts of kindness are more often than not self-serving.

Bill Hader said that hilariously on Talking Bad. I think he said "Hank's taking it like a man, but if Walt were in that exact position he'd be going 'I'll do anything you want, I'll give you my money, I'll do sexual favors for you etc."

And it's true. They're polar opposites.

Yeah, Uncle Jack pretty much says this. He also said something like "look, i even brought a showel." They came in with the intention to find what's there.

He said "look, they even brought a shovel". He pulls it out of Hank's car.

yeah but none of those recordings would be admissable in court...Walt could always say he stole that money from Hank the kingpin and he was kidnapped and forced to show him where it was at.Jesse confessed for fear that hank woul;d hurt him even worse and Gomey went along with it to get his cut.They can find the money but can't prove its Walt's.Huell's word is no good since he was coerced by hank and gomey.

Illegal wire taps can still make a case. Also, I don't think federals have to go through nearly as much paperwork as city police in order to get a tap. But I don't know the full details.

Also, Walt could claim a lot of things against Hank. The way it works in modern court is that you have the burden of evidence for your claims. At this point, Hank has plenty of evidence against Walt, and Walt doesn't have a shred of evidence backing his claim against Hank. If it were that easy to say "my prosecuting officer is truly the one in charge and he's framing me" and get away with it, then every single convicted criminal would have done that in the history of the American justice system.

Illegal wire taps can still make a case. Also, I don't think federals have to go through nearly as much paperwork as city police in order to get a tap. But I don't know the full details.

What are the rules on wired CI's as opposed to a wiretap? Because that's how they got the recording - they recorded Jesse during his conversation with Walt - it just happened to be over the phone rather than in person.

Did he? Thought he said "even brought a shovel" or was he referring to Hank when he said that?

No he actually reaches right into Gomie's SUV and says 'look at this, they even brought a shovel'. Kind of weird how he knows exactly where it is (unless he had a look before he mentioned to Walt how he was suspicious when he got specific coordinates). It's splitting hairs at this point anyway.

Also, Walt could claim a lot of things against Hank. The way it works in modern court is that you have the burden of evidence for your claims. At this point, Hank has plenty of evidence against Walt, and Walt doesn't have a shred of evidence backing his claim against Hank. If it were that easy to say "my prosecuting officer is truly the one in charge and he's framing me" and get away with it, then every single convicted criminal would have done that in the history of the American justice system.

I don't know... It worked for OJ

So in this episode I guess we'll see the making of Mr Lambert...why did Walt choose that specific name? A fugitive drug kingpin using his wife's maiden name shouldn't be hard to find. Also, people thought it would be because of Skyler's death, which doesn't seem too likely at this point. What if Walt does that 'distant relative' thing that they did with Ted and his IRS problems? Some random old Lambert cousin leaves Skyler millions of dollars. That could work, I mean it explains why there's no barrel in the flash forwards.

I think any money Skyler were to suddenly come into would be scrutinized. The distant relative thing was flimsy even when they used it for Ted, for the wife of a notorious criminal mastermind it would be laughable.

Once Walt is set up, he probably would not need to carry his money (whatever he has left) in a barrel anymore.

What are the rules on wired CI's as opposed to a wiretap? Because that's how they got the recording - they recorded Jesse during his conversation with Walt - it just happened to be over the phone rather than in person.

IANAL but what happened between Walt and Jesse / Hank would be called a "One Party Consent Call" for which the rule is similar to a wired CI. The Wire featured one of these that I remember - the call Gary DiPasquale (the Grand Jury prosecutor that had the gambling problem and that sold documents to Levy, who then sold them to the drug dealers he represented) made to Levy after Freamon flipped him. It happened almost immediately and was presented to the attorney after-the-fact, in stark contrast to all the effort they put into getting permission for their proper wiretaps.

The rules for listening in on phone conversations where neither party knows it's being recorded are vastly different than conversation where one party does. My suspicion is that the phone call between Jesse and Walt would be admissibale, and that, if not for the nazis showing up, Walt would have been totally screwed.

I think any money Skyler were to suddenly come into would be scrutinized. The distant relative thing was flimsy even when they used it for Ted, for the wife of a notorious criminal mastermind it would be laughable.

Once Walt is set up, he probably would not need to carry his money (whatever he has left) in a barrel anymore.

Yeah that's true, but he has $11 million, and Mr Hoover's fee is $125k, and I don't think it'll take much more for Walt to get set up. So where does the rest go? He could bury it, which explains his dirty, disheveled look and somehow get the coordinates to his family.

From Seinfeld to Breaking Bad

This just goes to further prove my theory that you can trace any main character in a TV show (made during or post Seinfeld) to a guest character appearance in Seinfeld with no more than 2 degrees of separation, but usually with 0 degrees of separation.

I like playing this game more than the Kevin Bacon one.

"Personally, I think people should differ between the moral and the legal aspects of Hanks actions."

Yeah, see, this is my beef with Hank's supposed goodness. TV generations have now been raised to love their hero vigilante archetype and as such, are real quick to give love to their hero cop character who breaks the rules, and steps over the line, but hey, he's the good guy so its all for the greater good and fuck those silly legal technicalities anyway.

Little bit of a moral problem. Said character had undoubtedly taken some kind of oath, wherein he or she swears to uphold some form of rule of law. Said rule of law, which through a Police Act, where I'm from, or some other statute, passed by elected government, sets out the duties and powers of police officers. They have sworn to serve in accordance with that statute. Repeated and flagrant breaches of said statute, make one a piece of shit in layman's terms. Couple that reality with an attitude that "anybody I suspect as criminal is pure scum", and you got yourself a walking villain, not a fucking white cap. I love the character Hank. I also love rooting against him. Its as others stated, by the time Walter was in cuffs, I wanted Walter to go down, but by any means other than by Hank.

Archived