[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Final Two Episodes

Mya Stone

Okay. I guess I'm taking on Lydia's personality a bit too much, so I guess I'll buy that there's some people who don't have it in them to murder. I find that more plausible, actually, than that taking out Walt would hurt Vacuum Cleaner's business. there's a number of millions still sitting in that barrel. Why would he care about continuing a pain-in-the-ass business?

Anyway, are we going to see Walter's family anymore after this? :(

It's funny, I'd noticed earlier (whatever the episode before Ozymandias was called) that the Hesienberg hat hasn't appeared at all this season -- or half season, whatever, you know what the hell I'm saying. They were totally saving it for that moment when he takes it out of the bag.

I also agree that the Walt has zero intention of ever attacking Grey Matter. It was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. He had given up, and was awaiting the consequences, until he saw Gretchen and what's-his-name on TV saying that Walt contributed nothing. He doesn't give a fuck about Grey Matter, he just doesn't want all of his bad deeds to have been for naught. It's literally his only motivation at this point.

Can I just say that this episode was so amazing, even beyond the amazing-ness of typical Breaking Bad, that the director needs to get a million dollar cash prize. Wow, what great directing. I am simply in awe. Every moment packed emotion, and the final scene hit home perfectly. I could feel Walt's anger building, his pride shouting for recognition. Absolutely fanfuckingtastic, bitch!

(Please do not report this post. All content within this post are intended to be in good humor and do not intend to insult or harass anybody.)

ETA: In regards to the future (as short as it is :( )--

I think Todd will get Walt's family killed in a psychopathic way to impress Lydia. Jesse is solidified as a slave--Todd made sure of that. By the way, it wasn't personal :devil: . Walt won't be attacking Grey Matter. He wants the recognition, not the revenge. If he attacked them, it would only help their PR move. Walt wants to prove he is a genius, not just some murderer and drug lord. Now, how he does that is lost to me. The machine gun is surely meant for Lydia's boys, the ricin I could see for a few options: 1) Lydia; 2) Todd; 3) Gretchen/Elliot; 4) Jesse as a sort of mercy; 5) Himself as a last hurrah. I simply cannot wait to see what happens.

And Jeff Daniels stole the best actor award. How the hell does that work? He better tread lightly...

He stole it from Kevin Spacey... The Greatest living American actor.

Also, if you don't believe that Daniels earned it, take a look at this performance. It was the single greatest 7 1/2 min. on television last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpn0vh2Rj0Y

I wasn't nearly as impressed with the rest of the series, but he nailed it out of the park here

Some symbolism for you:

Mike and Lydia meet--It is at a diner of Mike's choosing, evident by Lydia's tea soy milk nonsense not being available. Mike and Lydia are not on mutual ground. Lydia worked for Gus, and then worked for Mike since he (supposedly) handled the business aspects. Mike was the one in control.

Walt and Lydia meet--The ground seems neutral. Neither character is quite comfortable, and appear to be on even ground. Walt plays the boss, but Lydia stands her ground and shows that she cannot be walked over. Walt and Lydia form a mutual agreement. Walt and Lydia are in a partnership.

Todd and Lydia meet--The place is of Lydia's choosing, evident by her drink choice being available. Todd is unsure how to act, where Lydia acts like she has a routine. Lydia sticks to her rules, and Todd slowly disobeys them to try and work on a personal relationship with Lydia. Todd only gains ground when trying for a personal thing. Lydia is the one in control, Todd is working his way into her thoughts outside of the business.

I think this can be used to confirm Lydia's control (if you didn't already accept it), but also that, though she always liked Todd, perhaps she is beginning to like him. I guess we will see if that plays out.

Also, if you don't believe that Daniels earned it, take a look at this performance. It was the single greatest 7 1/2 min. on television last year.

https://www.youtube....h?v=Rpn0vh2Rj0Y

I wasn't nearly as impressed with the rest of the series, but he nailed it out of the park here

Really? The ever so subtle undertones of his performance is what did it for you?

Or was it the 5,932 times we were forced to watch this on HBO's coming attractions....?

He stole it from Kevin Spacey... The Greatest living American actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpn0vh2Rj0Y

Fair enough, I watch Newsroom here and there and Daniels is quite good. And really reflecting back on season 5A, there wasn't really a standout performance from Cranston. Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant all the way through, but didn't have the transcendent performance that would win an award.

All that said, I still don't get how Damian Lewis beat Cranston last year. Crawl Space was the episode he submitted, and nothing in Homeland S1 from Lewis can stand with what Cranston did, especially in the last 10 minutes of that episode.

Fantastic episode as expected. They really nailed the casting of VCM with Robert Forster; after building up the character for nearly two years, you needed someone with tons of screen presence.

Looks like Walt will go out with a bang, and that's just awesome.

I don't think Walt is going to try to kill the Schwartz couple, but maybe he'll try to screw things up for them too.

And, even though I haven't seen Homeland, unless the writing for that episode was fan-fucking-tastic, how did it beat Rains of Castamere, Dead Freight, and Say My Name?

The writing was fan-fucking-tastic. Homeland kind of went awry mid-season 2, but Q & A is one of the best TV episodes of all time.

Todd was pretty hardcore. Him saying "This isn't personal" nailed it. I immediately thought of Dave Chapelle and Rick James: "That was ... coooold blooded, nuh nah nah..."

He's probably just going after Jesse, but the show uses the couple as hand waving. I would like to see Walt go 100% petty and take out Gray Matter, as that was his primary motivation for starting his blue meth, but I doubt it now. Hopefully he'll have enough time to do both.

A fantastic show, I must say. I'm glad I don't hold any of Rockroi's opinions on this season. It's been so good for me.

I couldn't help but notice the parallel between Walt watching helplessly as Hank is murdered before his eyes by Jack and Jesse watching helplessly as Andrea is murdered before his eyes by Todd.

Todd was pretty hardcore.

Well, he did lobby pretty hard against killing Skyler with Lydia, so he's not all that hardcore. It does seem strange that he was willing to use a half-measure to avoid killing Skyler, while he popped Andrea without a second thought. Is it because he respects Walt and doesn't care about Jesse? I saw it suggested that it's because Skyler's white while Andrea's not, what with Todd running with a bunch of white supremacists, so that might figure into it as well.

I kind of took issue with Jesse suddenly being an expert lockpicker, but since he never escaped in the end anyway, I can let it slide. That scene where Todd executed Andrea was unexpected painful, The scene with the nazis in balaclavas in Walt's house was pretty chilling as well. I love how Todd felt the need to mention that "we have a lot of respect for your husband."

this was the best episode of the series imo, perfect from start to finish

- Robert Forester is such a pro, him and Cranston together was a joy to watch

- Todd turned the sociopath up to 11 in this episode, one of the creepiest characters ever on TV

- loved Walt's pathetic attempt to intimidate Saul falling flat, perfectly fitting that Saul finds a way to survive. And brilliant misdirection at the beginning not realizing it was Saul in the van at first.

- Andrea dying was perhaps a bridge to far, that was even more sadistic than the Red Wedding

- the final scenes with Flynn and the Charlie Rose interview, they just keep twisting the knife in further

The question now is, what's motivating Walt's actions?

Is he going to take a machine gun into Grey Matter and start shooting (doubtful)?

I think even though he doesn't know what to do with the money, the fact is it's all that remains of his life's work, so he has to get it back. That's the only thing driving him now.

this was the best episode of the series imo, perfect from start to finish

- loved Walt's pathetic attempt to intimidate Saul falling flat, perfectly fitting that Saul finds a way to survive. And brilliant misdirection at the beginning not realizing it was Saul in the van at first.

Haha, I forgot about that part. I thought that was brilliant! I loved it!

"It's not over until I say it's... HACK COUGH COUGH"

I loved this episode. If I could describe it in 1 word, I'd say it's prototypical. It has everything that makes the show so great, yet it still makes your jaw drop. And the writers really like to twist your feelings! I felt so sorry for HoboWalt and his $10k card game.

Only way I could see Walt taking the ricin is if he doesn't want to be remembered as a guy who 'took the easy way out'. Ricin is almost untraceable, and a death by that poison would probably be attributed to Walt's cancer. So instead of shooting himself, Walt will make it look like the cancer took him. Then he will be remembered as a fighter, someone who did all that despite having cancer.

It's still strange reasoning, but that's how I see the ricin angle (if Walt goes that route). A day of intense suffering to create a lasting, somewhat positive image of yourself? I think Walt would sign up for that. But not before he enters the killin' Nazi business.

Archived