[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Final Two Episodes

Mya Stone

It's funny, I'd noticed earlier (whatever the episode before Ozymandias was called) that the Hesienberg hat hasn't appeared at all this season -- or half season, whatever, you know what the hell I'm saying. They were totally saving it for that moment when he takes it out of the bag.

Yeah, I was wondering about it last episode. I yelled when he pulled it out, just like I yelled when Jesse got caught. And at the start of this episode I was fearing it would be a slow episode before the finale. How wrong I was.

I think even though he doesn't know what to do with the money, the fact is it's all that remains of his life's work, so he has to get it back. That's the only thing driving him now.

He's got to get the money back and somehow force his family to take it, without the government taking it. Quite a task for a single episode. Maybe he'll have a plan.

Another amazing episode. I'm glad I finally got the time jump I wanted, and it's even better that it was subtle. The typical ONE MONTH LATER appearing onscreen was replaced by a huge stack of newspapers, which I liked. On that note, Robert Forester was great as Vacuum Cleaner Man, it was a joy to watch him and Cranston onscreen together.

Walt's call to Junior was really painful to watch. They've really worked on humanizing him the past couple of episodes, and I just can't help but feel sorry for him and his family. But then the episode ends and I remember he's a lying, murdering sack of shit. That's good writing for ya. Making you feel sorry for characters you hate.

And Jeff Daniels stole the best actor award. How the hell does that work? He better tread lightly...

Yes, but he didn't steal it from Bryan. They're both actors, but neither did anything last season that really stood out compared to Kevin Spacey's work on House of Cards. Though I'm pretty sure Bryan's gonna get another well-deserved Emmy next year.

Yes, but he didn't steal it from Bryan. They're both actors, but neither did anything last season that really stood out compared to Kevin Spacey's work on House of Cards. Though I'm pretty sure Bryan's gonna get another well-deserved Emmy next year.

I don't know... to me, nothing in 5b beats Aaron's performance in "Confessions".

Well, he did lobby pretty hard against killing Skyler with Lydia, so he's not all that hardcore. It does seem strange that he was willing to use a half-measure to avoid killing Skyler, while he popped Andrea without a second thought. Is it because he respects Walt and doesn't care about Jesse? I saw it suggested that it's because Skyler's white while Andrea's not, what with Todd running with a bunch of white supremacists, so that might figure into it as well.

I think Todd thinks like a perfectly reasonable psycho (in his mind). Plan A was to intimidate Jesse with Andrea/Brock and get him to cook. Perfectly reasonable, slavery's no big deal. He escapes. Now why would he do a thing like that? Okay, Plan B. Kill Andrea, leave Brock. Jess will see the perfect rationality of this action, and go back to cooking.

I think Todd and his crew are some creepy fucks. They are a little too logical for my tastes.

I don't know... to me, nothing in 5b beats Aaron's performance in "Confessions".

Which is why Aaron Paul will win the supporting actor category next year, hands down. In fact BB will likely win every category they'll be nominated for next year. If they don't, I hope it's not voter politics, but that TV in general was just that awesome. I'm ok with that.

I've been rooting against Walt since the start of season 5 but some sadistic, evil part in me wants him to ricin Elliot and Gretchen and demolish the Nazis and Jesse (put the poor guy out of his misery)

I believe Elliot and Gretchen are the good guys in this sordid tale, but the sadist in me would love to see Walt get his revenge. :cool4:

Although, it's my belief that Gray Matters succeeding while Walt fails as a science teacher was his own doing, therefore he deserved to feel that sting.

Which is why Aaron Paul will win the supporting actor category next year, hands down. In fact BB will likely win every category they'll be nominated for next year. If they don't, I hope it's not voter politics, but that TV in general was just that awesome. I'm ok with that.

Oh, he's considered a "supporting actor"? Hmm... I never watch those award shows, so I wouldn't know. I always saw Paul and Cranston as the two main characters of the show. Can these award shows classify multiple people as "leading actors" to a show?

Maybe, Peter Dinklage will have quite a few emmy-worthy scenes in GOT season 4 next year, so who knows....

Great, great episode. Masterful direction and cinematography throughout (as always). Walt's loneliness in the woods was very well conceived.

I love that they've brought Grey Matter back in the mix, have been waiting for that since season 2. It's quite brilliant that the final episode will have Walt going off against both new enemies (the neo-Nazis, known since season 5a) and old ones (the Schwartz, known since season 1).

Archived