[SPOILERS] Breaking Bad - Final Season - Final Two Episodes

Mya Stone

I do agree that, in some ways, Lydia is more dangerous than Gus. She has no personal courage, but she is more than willing to kill people - lots of people - if she thinks she has something at stake. I think she's more likely than Gus to react harshly to anything she perceives as a threat. Walt could bring her down and who can say what Skylar knows? Given that Lydia was first to float the kill-eleven-people plan, I could easily see her taking extreme measures in regards to Walt and his family. Maybe Skylar has damaging information, maybe she doesn't, but if she's dead Lydia doesn't need to wonder. So she orders Walt, Skylar, and Marie killed, and maybe Walt Jr. in the bargain. Scorched earth.

I do agree that, in some ways, Lydia is more dangerous than Gus. She has no personal courage, but she is more than willing to kill people - lots of people - if she thinks she has something at stake. I think she's more likely than Gus to react harshly to anything she perceives as a threat. Walt could bring her down and who can say what Skylar knows? Given that Lydia was first to float the kill-eleven-people plan, I could easily see her taking extreme measures in regards to Walt and his family. Maybe Skylar has damaging information, maybe she doesn't, but if she's dead Lydia doesn't need to wonder. So she orders Walt, Skylar, and Marie killed, and maybe Walt Jr. in the bargain. Scorched earth.

Lydia knows that Skyler knows some things. Skyler confronted her at the car wash, and I think the writers included that confrontation for something.

ETA: It would be very ironic if Walt kidnapping Holly ended up saving her from a butchery at the White household.

One big problem with Lydia offing the White family is Walt waiting an entire year to act. It isn't like the murder of an entire family in suburbia wouldn't make the news, and I have some trouble seeing Walt sitting down, growing his hair and taking an entire year to act. Especially with the deadline potentially running out on the cancer...

I hope Lydia gets dissolved in a barrel of acid..face first.I think when Lydia sees the blue meth Todd is gonna take credit for it in the hopes that she ''falls' for him.I can't see Lydia seeing Jesse in that state and leaving him like that.There is no need for him to be chained up anymore now that he knows the nazis got a beat on Andrea and Brock.free jesse.

Lydia knows that Skyler knows some things. Skyler confronted her at the car wash, and I think the writers included that confrontation for something.

Yes that's exactly what I thought.

The moment Skyler confronted Lydia I thought to myself "uh oh, bad call Skyler".

Seeing how every scene has its importance in this show, I'd be surprised if nothing came of it.

ETA: It would be very ironic if Walt kidnapping Holly ended up saving her from a butchery at the White household.

Oh...I forgot about that. All the more reason for Lydia to sweep the board clean.

On the Hank thing, he covered for Marie's stealing at least two or three times in the show, and his reaction to this make it clear that he has done it before. He hit Jesse while he was in custody. He illegally gathered info on Fring, Walt, Mike, and Jesse.

I mean, by season 5 the only reason he's still a cop is because Jesse chose not to press charges as a favor to Walt. And I'd argue that any cop that hits anyone already in custody for giving him some lip needs his badge taken forever.

Word.

This shit drives the defence lawyer in me crazy. People are always willing to give their tv cops all kinds of leeway when it comes to the rule of law, because hey, they're the good guys and its all in the greater good. Total and complete hogshit. Abuse of authority makes you slime, period. Boooooo Hank. Glad you didn't win.

Hank owned up to his crime and took punishment for beating Jesse even when his CO suggested that they could build a bullshit defense and try to fight the charges.

He tried to, the same way Walt tried to save his life. But ultimately, the only reason Hank walked was Walt's intervention with Jesse. Walt doesn't do that and Hank is a civilian in Season 5.

I honestly can't comprehend why some people are happy about how things turned out. Walter's an utterly horrible human being, a lying, murdering sack of shit. Sure, Hank wasn't a saint, but he was the closest thing to a " good guy " on the show. So he covered for Klepto Marie, big deal, most people would do the same in his shoes. As for all the trouble he got into with Jesse, I blame that on Walt too. His manipulations, lies and omissions are what caused all of it. If he didn't put them in that position, he wouldn't have to defuse the whole situation afterwards.

I had thought that Hank didn't simply lie and cover for Marie's kleptomania, but that (also because she's a middle class white woman) her problem was known about and going to therapy regularly was the trade for her not being prosecuted as a criminal - especially because it is a compulsive condition.

Something about Lydia just rubs me the wrong way and I can't figure out what it is. Every time I try to formulate it the reason eludes me. She's too heartless and cold. But then she's too weak and compassionate also. She's frigid and businesslike. But she's vulnerable and a caring mother. Why do I dislike her so?

Because beneath the mother she's selfish--she's Cersei, in a way. Everything seems to be all about Lydia. She also seems like she'd have anyone killed if it inconvenienced her in any way. But she'd never do it herself, she'd just give Todd a grand or something and hope the problem disappears.

Something about Lydia just rubs me the wrong way and I can't figure out what it is. Every time I try to formulate it the reason eludes me. She's too heartless and cold. But then she's too weak and compassionate also. She's frigid and businesslike. But she's vulnerable and a caring mother. Why do I dislike her so?

The Lydia reaction is kind of funny to me. I actually crush on her just a little bit. I think that some of the exact same qualities that you describe makes her attractive to me. She is kind of an enigma..

Archived