Jon's Immediate Future

Little Balerion

I have noticed most of the readers seem pretty optimistic that Jon is coming back to life.

My question is that even if Jon returns - will he ever be Jon Snow again?

We have seen what happened to a resurrected Catelyn - she changed forever. We view her as a completely different person/undead.

Jon has some possibilities:

1> He warged into Ghost or another creature.

2> He is unconscious.

3> He is dead - and will be resurrected a la Lady Stoneheart. unJon.

4> Someone is sacrificed to resurrect him. (Only death can pay for life?) unJon again?

Unless Jon is in an unconscious state, which seems unlikely - I don't see Jon returning as himself. And if Jon returns to life as anything besides Jon Snow, I think his claim as King doesn't stand a chance. (Who would want an undead King?) That would make Dany the sole heir to the throne.

Thoughts?

This is what I think of, everytime I hear the phrase "unjon" :bang: :bang: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bang: :bang:

Mel has never even hinted that she can do the "kiss." Cat will be in the Riverlands for the foreseeable future. Who the hell is going to give Jon the "Kiss." Do people really think that Bran, with the help of BR; will let some walking zombie bring back his beloved brother or let him become one!!! If Jon, needs to be brought back to life, it will be done by the power of the Old Gods; via blood magic. "Only death. can pay for LIFE." Notice the bold part, life....not half life or "un-whateverTheHell."

I don't think there's any hint toward The Last Hero (I take him as synonym of tPtwP and AA) was in fact an undead zombie, and that means Jon needs to be one as well, so I don't think he's going to be one.

It's been set up that he'll be a man, then a wolf, and then a man again. Not a half-man (har).

He might be a bit different of character because of the experience of being stabbed by his men, but I don't really see him becoming more wolf or have a 180° change of character like some others want for the sake of drama.

I'm in the Jon won't actually die camp. I think he's stabbed he's going top be badly wounded and require a period of convalescence during which he'll learn more about his Warg ability and spend time consciously in Ghost. The Wildling healers and warriors will nurse him. I think Boraq might well teach him about Skinchanging. I really really really don't want to see UnJon.

I just don't buy the theory that he wargs into Ghost, then returns into himself after while. Won't his body be cold, and dead?

Mel's vision of him as a man, then wolf, then man again seems to foreshadow him warging into Ghost for awhile. We have seen other wargs use their familiars to seek second lives as well (Orell, Varamyr). I think there is plenty of textual evidence to back up this idea.

In regards to his body... well he may not be dead. If he is in a coma like state due to severe injuries his body could be kept alive. During this time we would see something like what happened with Bran. Jon's third eye would open, so to speak, and he would occupy Ghost's skin until his body has healed.

It is also possible that his body is dead and someone like Mel (or possibly Val) could bring him back. There is even the possibility of blood sacrifice, as was maybe hinted at in a TWOW gift chapter.

As to his mental state when he returns, if he has indeed died; he may not be broken like Beric or Cat because his soul found refuge in Ghost and so never actually 'crossed over' to the realm of death. Though I find the 'coma' idea more likely as this would mirror what happened to Bran.

This is what I think of, everytime I hear the phrase "unjon" :bang: :bang: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bang: :bang:

If Jon has warged ghost and gets ressurected in-as-much-as he's 'put back' into his body - his mind would never have been dead and therefore probably wouldnt be an 'unjon'. I agree that a 'kiss' won't be involved, IMO.

I just don't buy the theory that he wargs into Ghost, then returns into himself after while. Won't his body be cold, and dead?

You have to leave your body every time you warg, at least from what I understand. That's why Jojen would tell Bran not to spend too much time in Summer. Also, there is heavy foreshadowing that this is the case. Mel saw Jon in the flames, then Ghost, then Jon again. It seems likely that this refers to him warging into Ghost after being stabbed, and after some time going back to his body.

Same here.

I personally believe he'll be back from a coma or death (walks out of the pyre). As to what type of person he'll be I have no idea. Hopefully the good parts of the Jon we know will still be there.

The first thing he does need to do though is get the Wall in order because that sh*tstorm does not look good. I have a feeling Mel and the Queensmen will want to take control at the Wall.

Question about the UnJon theory:

If a person dies south of the wall that person does not become a wight. If they did all of those people that died since the wars started would've become wights. Unless I read wrong Jon was stabbed and perhaps "died" at CB and not north of the Wall. So, why do people still believe in the UnJon possibility? Is the Wall not protected by magic to prevent such a thing to happen?

Un-<somebody> doesn't refer to becoming a wight, but is rather used to refer to those resurrected that aren't quite whole. This is almost exclusively used when referring to Catelyn as Lady Stoneheart. Un-Cat, as it were. People use Un-Jon to identify the theory that Mel is going to bring him back 'broken'. We also sometimes see it used for Robert Strong, when referring to him as Un-Gregor.

At least that is my take on it.

Un-<somebody> doesn't refer to becoming a wight, but is rather used to refer to those resurrected that aren't quite whole. This is almost exclusively used when referring to Catelyn as Lady Stoneheart. Un-Cat, as it were. People use Un-Jon to identify the theory that Mel is going to bring him back 'broken'. We also sometimes see it used for Robert Strong, when referring to him as Un-Gregor.

At least that is my take on it.

I agree. I never meant Jon's resurrection as a wight. That wouldn't be called a resurrection.

I've always thought the most obvious thing is he is not dead, warged into ghost, and will return to his body after a while. My first read I came away with this becasue he says "Ghost" and I was reaching out to him at that point.

To me this seems the most likely and obvious scenario, and also falls in line with the Prologue of the book as well.

Mel has never even hinted that she can do the "kiss." Cat will be in the Riverlands for the foreseeable future. Who the hell is going to give Jon the "Kiss." Do people really think that Bran, with the help of BR; will let some walking zombie bring back his beloved brother or let him become one!!! If Jon, needs to be brought back to life, it will be done by the power of the Old Gods; via blood magic. "Only death. can pay for LIFE." Notice the bold part, life....not half life or "un-whateverTheHell."

What is with the huge font?

Archived