Jon's Immediate Future

Little Balerion

I am positive that he will be radically altered. The author does not write fairly tales. There are always consequences.

This is what I fear. I think the Jon Snow we know is gone, and so is his claim to the throne.

Even if he returns, I don't think he will be the same again.

I feel all the Starks have undergone a metamorphosis.

Ned died. Robb died. But their deaths influenced the others.

Catelyn resurrected and she is nothing like the old Catelyn anymore.

Arya is soon to be a ruthless killer.

Sansa looks like she is changing too.

Bran looks like he is on the road to change, though we don't know where his story is headed.

Why would Jon stay the same then? I'm sure he will be altered too.

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

The light of the half-moon turned Val's honey-blond hair a pale silver and left her cheeks as white as snow.

This is a reference to "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" as the dwarfs thought Snow White was dead when she was in a coma, and she was kept in a glass coffin (Jon sees ice scraping off the Wall and thinks of glass gardens). With Jon being the blue rose given R+L and Dany's vision at the HotU, this is a reference to "Sleeping Beauty", also known as "The Little Briar Rose" where a prince kisses the princess who then awakes (which is also a version of Snow White). I know BR and Bran will help Jon, and when that happens Jon will wake up the moment Val, called the "wildling princess," kisses him, seeing as he feels something against his lips.

So Jon's body will soon end up in the store room.

As for him being resurrected through a kiss by Val, Snow White style - I ain't so sure of that.

Jon Snow is currently being stab by the Nights Watch, Thus releasing him from his Night's Watch Vows,

While Jon is 'Dead' he speaks with his "father" Ned, and tells Jon about his true lineage (R+L=J),

Melisandre will use the power of R'hllor, To bring him Back to life.

Jon then goes to Howland Reed who confirmes what ned told him in his dream

Jon then goes to help Dany across the Narrow Sea, and eventually gets to ride a Dragon, the White one is my guess.(The Dragon needs Three heads(Jon,Dany, Aegon VI)

I don't think we will see the same type of resurrection that we have in the past. It will be something different and more unique for Jon. I also think he might not be fully dead. Think back to the first book when Bran has his dream about Jon dying. It says all the life was going out of his body so one can still think that he has some life remaining in him.

What is important about Mel's visions about man/wolf/man. Is that she sees him once again as man. So I think this represents he will be back and not in a zombie version or an agent of evil.

I also think the NW will put his body someplace, perhaps the ice cells. So when he does resurrect from underneath the ice cells it will be like a flower growing out of the ground. Hence "A blue flower Grew from a chink in the wall of ice and filled the air with sweetness"

Yes, Jon Snow doesn't want to owe anything to Mel, so she'd better not make him owe her. If so, I hope the reward will be Longclaw into her chest. AAR did need to pull a sword from fire, and Mel is fire... :P

I agree with this. Also an UnJon at the Wall might not be very productive for the NW when they are trying to defeat the marauding horde of the Others.

However, if we are to have an NN, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it being Mel.

If Jon, needs to be brought back to life, it will be done by the power of the Old Gods; via blood magic. "Only death. can pay for LIFE." Notice the bold part, life....not half life or "un-whateverTheHell."

Pretty sure Khal Drogo got revived with 'Blood Magic' and Dany was specifically told 'Only death can pay for life.' How did all that turn out? No life at all as I recall.

Archived