The Big Bear in the room

TheZone

Ok lets clear something up. Jorah is lucky to be alive at this point, I cannot seem to grasp the idea of why SOME the men of this forum want Dany to get with him so bad. Lets look at this from the beginning, he was an informant for the crown, I don't blame him for that, he did not know Dany, and all he wanted was his honor back. Now because of him informing the crown, the PREGNANT Dany was almost killed. Pissing off the one person you do not want pissed off at you ( Drogo).He could have stopped then and there especially since he started to fall in love with her at that point anyway, yet he continues to inform on her. Even after trailing the desert, even after slightly revealing to her that he loves her. In Game of Thrones her considers her a child, which he should since he is in his 40's and she was 13, but 2 years later shes suddenly a grown woman ? I understand that the standards of love are much different then, than they are now, but its still very creepy. He kissed her without permission, a 15 year old girl, now you can say she enticed him, but there is still a line that should not be crossed when being a Queens guard captain. Then he chooses to keep away any male no matter how important he may be to their cause. This is not a friend zone situation, he is a creepy, middle aged man, who betrayed the woman he so called loved, then acts like a crazed lunatic. He broke the oath he said in the end of Game of Thones, when the dragons came back. If it was Stannis, Robert, Robb, or even Ned: Jorah would be long dead.

Ok lets clear something up. Jorah is lucky to be alive at this point, I cannot seem to grasp the idea of why the men of this forum want Dany to get with him so bad.

Bolded part: Oh, boy... This isn't gonna end well (counting posts to inevitable Dany argument)

Now, in all seriousness, I don't see the two of them together (guess my gender :)). And yes, if we call LF and Tyrion pedophiles, Jorah is too... I am not hoping for his death, but I would like him to honor his father's last wish.

Ok lets clear something up. Jorah is lucky to be alive at this point, I cannot seem to grasp the idea of why the men of this forum want Dany to get with him so bad.

I wouldn't day that's a common opinion on the men of this forum. I think Jorah is a little on the creep side.

ETA: :ninja: by Mladen

Ugh, Jorah and Dany? *shudder* I think he has tried to redeem himself since she sent him away, but I still don't think he would apologise or admit he is in the wrong. Sorry but Jorah is a character I would not mourn, although Dany does seem to miss him (not as a potential lover but as a protector). *sigh* I just dot know where that arc will go, but I hope it isn't to marriage bells

Bolded part: Oh, boy... This isn't gonna end well (counting posts to inevitable Dany argument)

Now, in all seriousness, I don't see the two of them together (guess my gender :)). And yes, if we call LF and Tyrion pedophiles, Jorah is too... I am not hoping for his death, but I would like him to honor his father's last wish.

Yes you are right, now its changed to some men. I don't want him to die either. The Nights Watch is where he should be after the winter.

Ugh, Jorah and Dany? *shudder* I think he has tried to redeem himself since she sent him away, but I still don't think he would apologise or admit he is in the wrong. Sorry but Jorah is a character I would not mourn, although Dany does seem to miss him (not as a potential lover but as a protector). *sigh* I just dot know where that arc will go, but I hope it isn't to marriage bells

I honestly think Barriston is doing a good enough job, without keeping every male from her.

I cannot seem to grasp the idea of why SOME the men of this forum want Dany to get with him so bad.

Jorah to some men represents the stereotypical "friend-zoned" guy. Getting friend-zoned by his object of desire is the worst nightmare of every lonely amorous male.

So Jorah carries their flag. You can see this in the "Jorah Fedora" meme that pops up on other websites.

Jorah to some men represents the stereotypical "friend-zoned" guy. Getting friend-zoned by his object of desire is the worst nightmare of every lonely amorous male.

So Jorah carries their flag. You can see this in the "Jorah Fedora" meme that pops up on other websites.

Yes I know what, but hes not a friend, he never will be. Friends don't betray their friends to that point, even after they know it can get their friends killed.

As someone who easily identifies with the friend-zoned guy, I prefer to let Tris Botley carry my flag.

And even if I don't really like Jorah/Dany together, I still prefer them to Jon/Dany

Yes you are right, now its changed to some men. I don't want him to die either. The Nights Watch is where he should be after the winter.

Yes I know what, but hes not a friend, he never will be. Friends don't betray their friends to that point, even after they know it can get their friends killed.

I think Dany took a more nuanced view of Jorah. She acknowledged his betrayal but also his demonstrated loyalty. She knows Jorah evolved over time. I think she was willing to accept that he had changed, and she would have forgiven him. (She forgave Barristan's deceptions.) Jorah's bad attitude took care of that.

I still think she'll forgive Jorah later. Dany is not unwise.

Yes, Jorah is as much a creep as Littlefinger or Tyrion. Still, he's given her good advice on every aspect except the personal one.

I honestly think Barriston is doing a good enough job, without keeping every male from her.

Barristan is doing nothing at all. He's an atypical yes-man as he doesn't tries to carry favor, but that he does offer no counsel unless prodded and even then never against Dany's opinions, even when they are obviously atrociously bad.

I think Dany took a more nuanced view of Jorah. She acknowledged his betrayal but also his demonstrated loyalty. She knows Jorah evolved over time. I think she was willing to accept that he had changed, and she would have forgiven him. (She forgave Barristan's deceptions.) Jorah's bad attitude took care of that.

I still think she'll forgive Jorah later. Dany is not unwise.

I agree, and think it was hearing that Jorah still reported from Quarth that blew her mind. I do think Jorah, somewhere deep in his mind, still dreamed of getting her East, far from Westeros.......and he entertained romantic fantasies of the two of them, running and hiding from the world. I think, finally, Jorah is somewhat at peace with it, by the end of ADWD, maybe going from believing she was dead, and how that killed him, to knowing at least she might be out there somewhere......has cured him of his romantic fantasies.

I think Dany and Jorah are destined to repair friendship, sorry to the friendzone guys and I dont' begrude anyone their ship, have at it, sail away, and in the end, Jorah's destiny lies separately, eventually, in Westeros and somehow addressing his wrongs there and his father's wishes. Granted, I think that he'll get there with Dany's help, but I think they will both finally come at each other from a different, more sober, perspective. And, in the long run, they'll be glad to have reconnected.

ETA: Seven Save Me, I'm sounding like a pollyanna, LOL

I think you're being very harsh on Jorah.

I'm sorry but in that time it wasn't exactly strange for an older man to like young girl.

And it's not like he raped her or anything. One kiss, she told him not to, so he never did again.

I don't think you can blame him for falling in love.

I think you're being very harsh on Jorah.

I'm sorry but in that time it wasn't exactly strange for an older man to like young girl.

And it's not like he raped her or anything. One kiss, she told him not to, so he never did again.

I don't think you can blame him for falling in love.

Why is everyone overlooking the fact that he broke an oath, that be betrayed the woman he supposed to love? Im not saying he should be dead. I'm saying that he should not be considered the good guy that he is not.

Archived