Say you got ahold of an others ice sword, could you slay a dragon with it?.

tallman

Do you figure it could be used to slay a dragon? I mean, "dragon glass" (even if not made specifically by dragons, they do have fire properties, the glass candles are made of them, no?) does kill the others, don't you think the others might have weapons that the dragons are so vulnerable to? Its cold enough to shatter steel, we know fire wont kill a dragon, maybe ice will? I guess being cold enough to shatter steel presents some problems wielding it but there has to be a way around that somehow.

Dragons can probably be killed by normal weapons just as easily as an Others Sword,The Problem with Dragons is that they have range on almost everything.

I don't know...When Dany rides Drogon it mentions that his scales were alrady as hard as horn, I believe, and also I remember something about the eyes being the only weak spot of a dragon. Immensely hard scales are pretty much the only way I can imagine that dragons are as fearsome and unstoppable in battle as they appear to be. Otherwise one would think that hundreds of arrows being focused on a dragon would kill them pretty easily.

Dragons can probably be killed by normal weapons just as easily as an Others Sword,The Problem with Dragons is that they have range on almost everything.

I don't know about that, it is said somewhere in the books that once a dragon gets to a certain age its scales harden and become almost impregnable. "Death comes out the mouth, but not in." So you cant just fire an arrow down its throat either. Tyrion seemed convinced it would take an arrow through the eye to the brain would do it, but other then that it would take something extraordinary.

I like the idea. If the Others and dragons really engage in battle, it would be pretty one-sided and unimaginative if all the dragons did was shoot fire and kill all of the Others and wights. If dragons are really fire made flesh, then an intensely cold weapon like the swords wielded by the Others, which are capable of shattering steel, could probably slice through a dragon's scales. Dragon scales are impenetrable to the weapons that human beings have used thus far; we simply don't know as of yet what will happen when/if dragons are confronted with the weapons that the Others use.

To kill a dragon you must kill the rider, Tyrion said you must aim for "the brain behind it"

It has happened half a hundred times, that I read something like this on the forums and feel like an idiot for not catching it during the first read, or the next re-read, or the next re-read...........

It has happened half a hundred times, that I read something like this on the forums and feel like an idiot for not catching it during the first read, or the next re-read, or the next re-read...........

haha me too I didnt find out until my re read I thought it meant the dragon's brain.

You're saying those weirwood arrows Brandon Snow made were for killing the dragonriders, not the dragons?

I believe dragons dont like weirwood, drogon was biting it in HOTU, maybe their owners also dislike it, Dany saw it as frightening.

Archived