Who Do You Feel Sorry For?

Lady Asha

Which characters do you tend to feel the most sympathy for?

Are there any characters that you feel sympathy for who are not traditionally "good guys"?

In Westeros, pretty much everybody gets a raw deal and a bad rap.

Just wondering whose plight calls to you personally.

I've got to say I feel most sorry for Arya, with my weird sort of/kind of sympathy for Theon bringing up the rear.

And Jamie Lannister.

I feel zero sympathy for Tywin, on the other hand.

Cat has the most sympathy from me...

She tells Ned not to go south, then tells him he has to after Bran, which leads to Ned dying.

The same act leads to both of her daughters being prisoners

Then she finds out one of those daughters cannot be found and is presumed dead.

Then she tells Robb not to send Theon to the Iron Islands, yet he does so anyway

This leads to her believing her two youngest sons are dead

She then warns Robb of Frey treachery, but has to support her son's decision to get the Frey army

This leads to her watching her son be murdered in front of her eyes before being murdered herself

Seriously, going from a happy family with 5 healthy children to a widow with 4 children dead and one a prisoner is one of, if not the most depressing arcs of the entire series. Nobody deserves that.

The Starks, Tullys(excluding Lysa), the Targaryens, Elia and her babies, the smallfolk, Weasel, Lolly,Shireen, Myrcella, Tommen, sometimes Theon, the Wildlings, Jeyne AKA fake Arya, and lots of others

I use to feel sorry for Tyrion but don't care anymore I might in the future but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for anyone who bears the surname Lannister, Frey, or Bolton

Well Joffrey of course!! Just kidding! :cool4: Apart from the obvious choice - the Starks including Jon - Jaime when they cut off his hand and he found out the truth about Cersei, Tyrion because he gets one disappointment after another, Gilly for having to give up her baby, Weasel and (I never thought I'd say this) Theon, I think he has paid his debts by now.

Archived