Who Do You Feel Sorry For?

Lady Asha

LOL wow. Why the hate?

Because, Tywin is one of the worst people in the books yet he still got to die with some dignity(or at least have it treated that way). While, Ned, Catelyn, and Robb were all millions times better then but had to go out without respect and have their bodies desecrated and humiliated.

Because, Tywin is one of the worst people in the books yet he still got to die with some dignity(or at least have it treated that way). While, Ned, Catelyn, and Robb were all millions times better then but had to go out without respect and have their bodies desecrated and humiliated.

See...Robb was kind of a giant idiot. A sweet idiot. But an idiot all the same. And while I like him personally, I admire Tywin's sheer cunning. And I don't actually think he's evil. He's just on the unpopular side.

See...Robb was kind of a giant idiot. A sweet idiot. But an idiot all the same. And while I like him personally, I admire Tywin's sheer cunning. And I don't actually think he's evil. He's just on the unpopular side.

Tywin was an emotionally abusive father, had two children murdered, "failed" to specify not to kill Elia or to make the children's deaths quick, wiped out 2 entire houses, had Tyrion's wife gangraped IN FRONT OF Tyrion, and you don't think he should be qualified as evil.

:agree:

I don't think it is because Tywin is on the unpopular side. Even if he was on the protagonists side, plenty of people would still think he was a monster.

And I don't actually think he's evil. He's just on the unpopular side.

He ordered a young girl to be brutally raped because she married his son, so yeah he is evil. Also, for all of his cunning he still had to cheat to defeat a boy who was around a third of his age and that he even with have some of the greatest luck in the series.

Sure, Tywin's not so bad. He just ordered the gang-rape of his son's wife by his garrison of soldiers. It was probably only about fifty - one hundred men. He also had his dad's mistress paraded naked through the streets. He also proudly presented Elia, Aegon, and Rhaella's corpses to Robert. He also ordered Gregor to rape and pillage the Riverlands. And the Brave Companions. And Amory Loch. He's not evil, just unpopular. I mean, he's only responsible for more rape and murder than probably anyone else in the books, but he's admirable because at least he gets things done!

Sure, Tywin's not so bad. He just ordered the gang-rape of his son's wife by his garrison of soldiers. It was probably only about fifty - one hundred men. He also had his dad's mistress paraded naked through the streets. He also proudly presented Elia, Aegon, and Rhaella's corpses to Robert. He also ordered Gregor to rape and pillage the Riverlands. And the Brave Companions. And Amory Loch. He's not evil, just unpopular. I mean, he's only responsible for more rape and murder than probably anyone else in the books, but he's admirable because at least he gets things done!

While we're at it, Aerys was awesome because at least the ravens came on time. :B

Robb started a war causing thousands of deaths in the name of honour and because he was pissed his father was executed for treason, he wasn't "sweet".

The Lannisters had already started the war before Robb did.

While we're at it, Aerys was awesome because at least the ravens came on time. :B

True. And, say what you want about him as a husband, father, and ruler, but at least Aerys had style. Have you checked out his nails? I feel bad for a guy like that who is a fashion innovator, living as a king in a medieval setting where he doesn't even get to win best dressed of the week on the E network.

The Lannisters had already started the war before Robb did.

:agree: Tywin started it when he sent The Mountain to rape and pillage the Riverlands. While Robb did have personal motives behind to fight the Lannisters he didn't just march through the Riverlands and ignore them, no in fact the main reason he called his banners and marched south was to defend Riverrun, rescuing and later avenging Ned was just a secondary objective, although I doubt Robb would have quit fighting them until they returned Ned and later allowed the North independence withe Riverlands.

Tywin was an emotionally abusive father, had two children murdered, "failed" to specify not to kill Elia or to make the children's deaths quick, wiped out 2 entire houses, had Tyrion's wife gangraped IN FRONT OF Tyrion, and you don't think he should be qualified as evil.

Well, truthfully, Tywin's parenting style is close to mine own heart. It creates strong children. I sort of hate to say that but in Westeros, I'd much rather have Tywin Lannister for a father than some honorable fool who gets us all killed.

Ned Stark would've been *nice* to have for a daddy. Sure. But that doesn't actually seem to work out so well in the long run.

I'm not saying Ty Ty should be named a saint by the bloody seven, here. I just think *evil* is a stretch. It seems to be he is reactive, rather than evil for evil's sake. A sadist he is not. Just cold and pragmatic.

Archived