Question about Summer ( The Direwolf! )

Rickeen Baratheon

This is true! But isn't it also the general theory that the wolves were sent to them for a reason? I was just wondering if it was possible for Bloodraven to have warged Summer while Bran was out of it; because if I recall, doesn't Summer come out of nowhere and tear out the guy's throat. Where as Nymeria ( imo a more savage wolf ) just bites Joff in the arm to disarm him.

This is true! But isn't it also the general theory that the wolves were sent to them for a reason? I was just wondering if it was possible for Bloodraven to have warged Summer while Bran was out of it; because if I recall, doesn't Summer come out of nowhere and tear out the guy's throat. Where as Nymeria ( imo a more savage wolf ) just bites Joff in the arm to disarm him.

Bloodraven warging into summer is an interesting idea! I haven't really thought about that. I still like to think that it was just Summer's instinct though

Nymeria turned feral in Riverland leading her own pack. Townfolks call her the she-wolf from hell. when she's a pup in WF she was sweet, Arya would only point to her things and Nymweria will pick it up.

And when Arya was in Winterfell, she was still a sweet girl, at least compared to what she's become now. Aren't the direwolves generally believed to reflect their owner's personalities? We first hear of the she-wolf from hell in Clash, which is also when we are introduced to Arya's prayers for death. Nymeria becomes a killing machine, reflecting Arya's own desire for revenge.

I think Summer was just defending Bran. All of the Stark kid's direwolves have such a wonderful sense for danger

Instinct, I think.

:agree: Despite all of the fun rumors we really have no solid evidence that Bloodraven has warged anything south of the Wall. Bloodraven is one of the coolest characters and one of my favorites but I think he is starting to get too much credit for too many things. I think the reactions of the direwolves are best as just their reactions. It shows that they truly look out for their companions whereas if the were being warged every time something of importance takes place then it just makes them seem like dumb animals there to be used and nothing else and they are much more than that.

I just figured it was an interesting thought! Nymeria and Summer act very different in similar situations; so was it instinct or something else? I mean, I am all for it being instinct and it most likely is. But if Bloodraven was looking out from Bran, which we can tell now is pretty clear, as he says as much, then I believe it isn't too far of a stretch to believe that while bran was in a coma, Bloodraven 'guided' some actions.

Bloodraven was looking out for Bran by helping him through his coma and telling Jojen to bring Bran to him, both of which were probably pretty difficult feats of long-range telepathy. The only way Bloodraven could have warged Summer into that attack is if he happened to be warging a nearby crow, saw the library was on fire, deduced there was an assassination coming, and jumped over to Summer.

Archived