Most hated house

capo51

So I'm debating with my brother about which is the worst house, Frey or Bolton. I say Bolton because they're the flayers. It's hard not to agree that historically, House Bolton has committed the most atrocities.House Frey is just incredibly proud, prickly and will sink to the lowest of lows to get revenge.

The Starks should have killed all the Boltons long ago when they rebelled (Reynes of Castamere-style). I don't know why they didn't. What do you think?

Over the course of Westerosi history, easily the Boltons.

Over the course of the story, still the Boltons. At the end of the day, the Freys are just spiteful dicks. Bolton, in the words of Theon "has more cruelty in his pinky toe than all the Freys combined." What Ramsay does is worse than anything any of the Freys have ever done, but Roose is the real danger here. He is both intelligent and unspeakably cruel. Just not as open about it as Ramsay is. "A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule." Of course, we have a pretty good idea of what that "peaceful land" really holds.

Well the Freys, due to their involvement in the Red Wedding, are certainly hated, but then I think that House Lothston is hated as well.

Even after they were extinguished, smallfolk and highborn loath them. It remains to be seen if the Freys gain a reputation as bad as the Lothstons did.

The Codds also have a terrible reputation and an interesting motto, Though All Men Do Despise Us.

The Boltons, I think that they survived because the Starks needed to have a rival for the North, for plot purposes of course.

Another reason is that they were cruel, ruthless but never stupid. Roose tells that to Ramsay.

Asha mentioned that her father bent the knee to Robert but that meant nothing. When the opportunity came he rebelled again.

It is likely that Roose's ancestors, surrended the right time and begged for forgiveness from the Starks, ensuring that their House would survive.

The Freys and Boltons are on the same level of horribleness but The Frey's win at worst to me because it least the Bolton's are entertaining. Barring a couple of Frey's they're generally annoying little shit's who deserve what they get.

You say the Boltons are entertaining, heh. They are so much crueler than the Freys. We were upholding our honor, and defending ourselves, when Robb Stark, the King Who Lost the North, heh, and his bannermen turned into wolves and attacked us. Roose Bolton killed his king. I didn't.

I'd say the Boltons are the most morally reprehensible over a long timescale, but the Freys are the more loathsome house right now.

In some ways, I'd say the Freys actually have more negative qualities than the Boltons. For example Walder Frey is petty, spiteful, lecherous and cowardly, none of which really applies Roose Bolton.

The Boltons are balls-to-the-wall evil, so they evoke a feeling of hatred, but also fear and maybe even grudging respect. The Frey are just so petty and cowardly that they probably evoke a feeling closer to disgust.

The Lannisters (at least Tywin's brood) and Tyrells are the worst. Scheming, manipulative, traitorous, lacking any honor/morals. The Freys are very large familiy, therefore they surely have some decent members among them (I believe Robb's squire and some others had to be locked up during RW?).

Archived