What are you most afraid will happen in the upcoming novels?

Jaime4Brienne

I don't understand your first sentence. No one claims Cersei is a feminist icon. What she is is a really entertaining, funny, and interesting villain. The High Septon is an annoying, sanctimonious prick. Right or wrong, I hope to see Cersei demolish him in the upcoming books. I'll find it very entertaining.

Cersei is a horrible, immoral person who deserves punishment for her crimes. The Walk of Shame, however, is a sexualized punishment which is a violation of human rights. I can never enjoy someone being punished in a sexually humiliating way. If Cersei gets sentenced to death, killed, forced into Silent Sisterhood, whatever, at the end of the story I'll be cool with that. Until the end of the story, however, I want to see her wreak havoc on the HS.

I also love Roose Bolton as a villain, too, even though he's a horrible rapist and murderer. It's ok, imo, to love the bad guys when they're entertaining.

Eta: Wait, I just got it - you mean Cersei rewarded KB with sex. I really didn't understand b/c I thought that you were saying Cersei was rewarded WITH sex, and that made no sense. I feel slow now....

I was saying Cersei and her whole "tears aren't a woman's only weapon" philosophy is misguided and honestly degrading to women. And I really don't see any sort of demarcation between sexualized punishment or any other kind when it comes to her. Sorry....I'm not sorry. Cersei has done so much horrible shit that any sort of justice sent her way is cool with me.

I was saying Cersei and her whole "tears aren't a woman's only weapon" philosophy is misguided and honestly degrading to women. And I really don't see any sort of demarcation between sexualized punishment or any other kind when it comes to her. Sorry....I'm not sorry. Cersei has done so much horrible shit that any sort of justice sent her way is cool with me.

I'm not asking you to be sorry, I'm simply explaining: why I want Cersei to get revenge on the High Septon, why I like Cersei in spite if how awful she is, and why I have a problem with a sexually humiliating punishment. My main point is that the Walk of Shame is a miscarriage of justice inflicted upon my beloved villainous, and I'll be severely disappointed if he doesn't rue the day he ever messed with her. And, I hope the entire time that she carries out her revenge, she is thinking how stupid everyone else is, and how she does everything she does because she loves her kids. That's why I love Cersei - she is comic genius!!

Edited because I posted before finishing, oops!

Ghost's death. I will make my friends read the next book and let me know if it happens, so I can skip that chapter...

The direwolves are what hooked me into this story, and I've gotten to the point where I just don't want to read of their deaths anymore. :crying:

I agree. I really can't take any more direwolf deaths.

<snip>

More Penny.

That was a good one. :lmao:

The crimes the high septon accused cersei for that is adultery etc, are crimes that she didnt need to be punished.

I don't support adultery but its none of his business.

i agree with this. Adultery shouldn't be a crime. But it should be be punished in some other way, because adultery wether you are a man or woman is wrong.

Even if he dies in the final chapter I'll be satisfied. By dying of course I don't mean dying in bed at the age of 80 or so all content ruling Casterly Rock. But I don't see GRRM killing him. :(

Oh, I'm pretty sure he'll kill Tyrion. You won't like it however, I think GRRM will have Tyrion somehow save the world when he dies (getting back to the line in aGoT about Tyrion being as tall as a King).

Any more Stark deaths (unless somebody somewhere can put Stoneheart out of her misery? Please?)

Jaime, Tyrion, Jorah, Brienne or Davos dying in some accidental or highly unmemorable way.

Littlefinger dying in an unmemorable way. His death deserves to be epic.

Ramsay not dying and Theon and Jeyne not being able to dance on his grave, or corpse.

Dany will spend the next book(s) sitting around dithering and wondering what has happened to Daario.

Howland Reed and Benjen Stark never turn up.

Edmure Tully never gets his revenge on the Freys, come on, give the guy a break! Personally i think that dying in obscurity is poetic justice for Lord Walder, but he's got a hell of a lot of heirs, some of whom are quite unpleasant, there's more than enough to go around.

Nobody ever entirely explaining what Varys is up to.

There's a lot of plot threads to tie up.... i worry about loose ends.

Cersei is a horrible, immoral person who deserves punishment for her crimes. The Walk of Shame, however, is a sexualized punishment which is a violation of human rights.

I agree in disliking Cersei's punishment. But my objection would simply be the old fashioned on: that it is indecent.

If I object that it violate's Cersei's rights, then the answer would be this: Rights can be waived. If offered a choice between death penalty and the walk of shame, would you not eagerly waive your rights?

If I object that it violates the rights of observers, the objection will be: if they don't want to watch (and many will want to watch) they don't have to.

But GRRM does not seem to realise that the Westerosi bedding ceremony is indecent and improper. And there, the victims are innocent girls and women, guilty of no crime. And there's not even a "look don't touch" rule to protect them. So I would not expect him to understand.

I agree in disliking Cersei's punishment. But my objection would simply be the old fashioned on: that it is indecent.

If I object that it violate's Cersei's rights, then the answer would be this: Rights can be waived. If offered a choice between death penalty and the walk of shame, would you not eagerly waive your rights?

If I object that it violates the rights of observers, the objection will be: if they don't want to watch (and many will want to watch) they don't have to.

But GRRM does not seem to realise that the Westerosi bedding ceremony is indecent and improper. And there, the victims are innocent girls and women, guilty of no crime. And there's not even a "look don't touch" rule to protect them. So I would not expect him to understand.

I'm fairly certain GRRM knows that the morals in Westeros clash with our 21st century morals.

I find it slightly odd that those brought back to life are referred to as "undead" all the time. Though they lose vital parts of themselves, their memories and such, they're not damn zombies. They're alive. If Jon were brought back, he wouldn't be "unJon", he'd be Jon-- irrevocably damaged, but not some kind of different creature.

Cat has been incredibly changed, but that was far more down to her experiences pre-death, and perhaps her partial degeneration, than her revival itself. Did Beric seem like a zombie to you guys?! He didn't to me!

Anyway! Rant over.

As for fears, my greatest fear is that Lord Bolton will win the battle for Winterfell. I think a Stannis victory more likely, but can't dispell the fear.

Archived