You got 30 seconds to sneak AWOW manuscript. What do you look for?

Señor de la Tormenta

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't GRRM say there would be no new POV's?

Don't remember the exact words used - there is an SSM - but what he actually said was that there would be no new characters with POVs.

In other words and speaking purely hypothetically, its possible there might be a Rickon POV since he is already an established character.

I would definitely look for a Samwell or a Davos chapter. Even a "Pate" chapter, if we ever get so lucky ;)

With just 30 seconds to play with, Samwell or Davos probably wouldn't tell us much as neither were in mortal danger when we last saw them - unlike Jon.

"Pate" might possibly get a walk on part as prologue, but I very much doubt it. He's not an "established" character, but seemingly has a part to play that would be frustrated by the usual fate of prologue POVs.

With just 30 seconds to play with, Samwell or Davos probably wouldn't tell us much as neither were in mortal danger when we last saw them - unlike Jon.

"Pate" might possibly get a walk on part as prologue, but I very much doubt it. He's not an "established" character, but seemingly has a part to play that would be frustrated by the usual fate of prologue POVs.

It's just the two plotlines that I'm personally looking forward to most, so it would be my first choice if I ever got the chance.

I don't neccessarily see Pate as a Prologue chapter, if the tradition continues it would mean the end of him and he still has a lot of business to take care of. They wouldn't even really need to establish his character as he is a faceless man so his persona can still remain a mystery while he is living his life as a simple novice with not too much of a backstory at the moment.

This sounds like a wasted oppurtunity but I'd not read any. I wouldn't want to waste anything, I want the proper book to read and re read over and over. I'd just kiss the magical piece of writing which would finally be finished and cry hugging it until the time ended.

Archived