Hizdahr Cast

Westeros

Wow, I knew D&D wanted to skip over as much of the Crows/ADWD material as possible but even I didn't think they would bring Hidzhar and his role into the story this early; that most of Danys ADWD story outright done. Thats a huge chunk of ADWD to be done in season 4. Its possible they could do the first siege of Mereen from the Mereenese perspective; though I don't see how much this would add. Especially with such a plethora of lesser characters detracting from our main POVs. Originally I thought they might include cut material with Jorah and Barristan for season 4; but this casting makes me really doubt that. Likely season 4 will be like Danys in season 3; lots of material removed to cover as much ground as possible.

I''m guessing the Mereen storyline will end at

Dany's marriage to Hizdahr?

And I think the reason they are moving things along is...Battle of Fire will be in Season 5, itll be kinda like Blackwater, the big episode 9 of Season 5, so they need to set that up, and fast. Season 5 needs something more than

Jon getting stabbed, and Theon rescuing Jeyne, Cerseis walk, Brieene meeting Stonehart....I think Battle of Fire will be the contender for the climax that season, with Ice maybe being either skimmed or put into season 6 very early

I think you're very much jumping the gun, total1402. My guess is that Hizdahr will be introduced as an emissary/diplomat/leader attempting to negotiate peace with Dany, and then preparing to defend Meereen from her. None of this really needs to pass the mark of ASoS. That said, I expect we may get an early part of Dany's ADwD chapters in there, but I'd be surprised if it was more than just a foreboding of things to come.

So it begins. If there's one storyline I don't mind having completely changed is Dany's rule in Meereen. Dany's chapters in ADWD made me put the book down for several days before feeling like reading again. I hope they spice things up in Meereen. The actor looks pretty good IMHO. I've never managed to remember his description, but he looks pretty similar to most fan art of him I've seen.

I think you're very much jumping the gun, total1402. My guess is that Hizdahr will be introduced as an emissary/diplomat/leader attempting to negotiate peace with Dany, and then preparing to defend Meereen from her. None of this really needs to pass the mark of ASoS. That said, I expect we may get an early part of Dany's ADwD chapters in there, but I'd be surprised if it was more than just a foreboding of things to come.

Yeah this is what i think too more or less. Dude will be introduced in some way for the audience to remember him, having dialogue with Dany. I doubt we are going to see the whole Knot happen next season.

This guy looks great! Dat hair! I wonder if they'll give him the Ghiscari hair wings!

Yep.

Beside the take of Meereen (that is not more than a couple of chapters) what else is left to tell about Daenarys from ASOS that has not being done on GoT?, the same question apply for Bran. It's obvious that material from the later books has to be done early and that put more pressure on GRRM because the show will catch with the book a lot sooner than most of the people assumed.

Yeah, I think it's clearer now we are getting at least a few chapters into AFFC/ADWD. That's been 100% confirmed anyway by

the inclusion of the Pod/Brienne on the road storyline, which we know has already had scenes filmed.

There may be some contextual changes - Hizdahr may be in Meereen during the surrender and may be its chief negotiator or something - but I think we will see a bit more material from Books 4 and 5. With the completion of Season 4 they'll be halfway or more than halfway through the lifespan of the TV series but having only covered three books (with four, three of them potentially the same size as ASoS, to go). They need to start putting their foot down on some of the other storylines and character arcs.

9 is implausible. 8 is really pushing it, to be honest. I think HBO would really prefer 7 to minimise the expense of contractual renegotiations. 8 will only be possible if the show is still really big and pulling in the ratings and sales by the time they get to the end of Season 6.

Yeha, some people are too worried about Hizdahr, they probably just wanted to introduce early on the next king. That's wise. They can't get to the pit scene without getting Tyrion there.... and it's simply impossible to be done in S4, it will most likely take the entire season 5.

Yeha, some people are too worried about Hizdahr, they probably just wanted to introduce early on the next king. That's wise. They can't get to the pit scene without getting Tyrion there.... and it's simply impossible to be done in S4, it will most likely take the entire season 5.

They don't necessarily need Tyrion in the fighting pit scene, although it would certainly be cool. But I'm convinced as well that the pit scene will be Dany's climax in S5. I wouldn't work to cram all of AFFC/ADWD + the battles of Winterfell/Meereen into S5, so they need some sort of cut-off point.

I think we might see how Dany closes the fighting pits in S4, which would involve Hizdahr.

Archived