Hizdahr Cast

Westeros

Dany riding Drogon in Daznak's Pit definitely won't be in this season. I'm fairly confident that David Nutter will be directing that particular episode - I think it will look remarkably similar to the final shot of 'Mhysa', with Dany being lifted onto Drogon's back and Drogon flying at the camera as it pans upwards. And David Nutter recently revealed that he's taking a break from the show but hopes to be back in season 5, so...

I am not sure why they would cast him now. There is plenty enough material in book 3 part 2, so I don't think they should rush it and introduce characters we don't read about before book five. They need that kind of material in season 5 and 6 since book 4 and 5 aren't as good as the first three books

I am not sure why they would cast him now. There is plenty enough material in book 3 part 2, so I don't think they should rush it and introduce characters we don't read about before book five. They need that kind of material in season 5 and 6 since book 4 and 5 aren't as good as the first three books

The quality issue is arguable but they presumably need Meereen characters for S4. And they need Meereen characters for S5 and onwards when they get deep into aDwD. Why not use the same character?

when do you think the capture of Mereen occured ?

in Book 5 when we the reader first meet Hizdahr its mention that this in in fact his SIXTH meeting with Dany.

My guess is that season 4 ends with Dany chaining up her dragons, season 5 with Dany marrying Hizdahr, and season 6 with the battle.

I have seen this statement "Dany chaining up her dragons." several times on this forum, for the sullied we know what that means. But it kind of grates on me, because she only is able to chain up TWO dragons. Just wanted to get technical here.

The fact that they haven't named them yet is embarassing. They felt like they didn't have enough Dany material to make a season in season 2... but they left out some crucial material? Ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm fairly happy with this casting. He's not really how I pictured Hizdahr... I imagined him looking more like a younger version of the Yunkish envoy in The Bear and the Maiden Fair. It doesn't help that I also imagined Hizdahr as sort of looking a bit old for his age because of his demeanor, whilst the actor looks quite young. But it's too early to judge.

The fact that they haven't named them yet is embarassing. They felt like they didn't have enough Dany material to make a season in season 2... but they left out some crucial material? Ridiculous.

Bryan Cogman has been asked that question two years in a row over on WIC and he has given the same answer each time.

"The has not been a place in the dialog for it."

Cogman states emphatically they have same names as in the book, but that they can squeeze in say one sentence in 20 episodes now seems kind of weird.

I have not heard Dave and Dan asked that question.

We shall see this season since seems they are going to do some Dany story ... shifting and invention?....

Bryan Cogman has been asked that question two years in a row over on WIC and he has given the same answer each time.

"The has not been a place in the dialog for it."

Cogman states emphatically they have same names as in the book, but that they can squeeze in say one sentence in 20 episodes now seems kind of weird.

I have not heard Dave and Dan asked that question.

We shall see this season since seems they are going to do some Dany story ... shifting and invention?....

IIRC Bryan said they will be named in season 3, but that never happened.

I really don't know what to think about "The has not been a place in the dialog for it." I mean, all they have to do was have dany say, "Drogon. Dracarys" as i the books, instead of just "Dracarys" :/

ETA: Anyways, a lot of people think Dany's storyline next season will end with her chaining 2 of her dragons (and Drogon flying away), that will be the perfect time to introduce their names if you tell me (if they haven't being named before, of course)

IIRC Bryan said they will be named in season 3, but that never happened.

I really don't know what to think about "The has not been a place in the dialog for it." I mean, all they have to do was have dany say, "Drogon. Dracarys" as i the books, instead of just "Dracarys" :/

ETA: Anyways, a lot of people think Dany's storyline next season will end with her chaining 2 of her dragons (and Drogon flying away), that will be the perfect time to introduce their names if you tell me (if they haven't being named before, of course)

Has anyone ever asked Emilia Clarke if she knows their names, I think she does.

I was surprised when on SKY's THRONECAST that Carice van Houten mentioned THE GREAT OTHER in her interview.

So I guess she has read the books?

THE GREAT OTHER (even the Others) seems to be a verboten word for the show runners (i guess!).

Concerning Dany's dragons: Maybe they're following wildling traditions here? Don't name the baby until it's two years old? ;)

As for Hizdahr Casting: he certainly looks the part. Now let's hope his acting will be good enough to make him more memorable then book-Hizdahr...

She name-checked Drogon in the commentary for episode 10 of season 2 conversationally, so yes she knows their names.

I missed that, have to go back and listen.

I know Dave and Dan know, why so stubborn about the 'dialog' thing, I still don't get.

I've spoken with so many people who think Drogon's name is Dracarys, it's ridiculous. Although I can see them not wanting to shoehorn it in, too obvious exposition-y dialogue is awful.

Not what I imagined for Hizdahr, but kinda realised my image of him was off from the book's description. I obviously wasn't paying attention in those bits. :D

Archived