Will Jon be KOTN as a Stark because of duty or take Targaryen name?

Spartan64Destiny

According to Yeade's "The Great Northern Conspiracy Essay," the North is making way for Jon to be the successor to Rob Stark as KOTN. The essay specifically stated on a few occasions that there must always be a Stark residing in Winterfell while ruling an independent North. Regardless, If he finds out about his Targaryen parentage,I truly believe he will chose to be Jon Stark for duty, not Jon Targaryen. What do you guys think?

But as soon as Rickon shows up, or Bran, even Arya. It is moot. Completely. Too many bank on R+L=J but I want it to be E+RW=J

Not really. If Jon was name in Robb's will, it would depend on what it says. The whole point was to keep others from taking the North, so Robb likely cut the others out, and added Jon. and What is E+RW=J?

Eddard + Random Woman = Jon.

Also, the will would be made only discluding Sansa. Robb believed Rickon, Bran and Arya were dead. If they're alive, the will is moot. Manderly knows they're alive and is even planning to seat Rickon. The GNC doesn't work much to put Jon on the throne. :)

GTFOH, The HBO TV series was conceived from the answer of that very question, "Who was Jon Snow's Mother?," asked by GRRM to DB Weis and David Benioff. Real sorry that your one of the closed minded, really small, minority group that doesn't believe in the R + L = JS Theory. And don't ask me what GTFOH means because I really like this forum and would hate to be booted from it..........

GTFOH, The HBO TV series was conceived from the answer of that very question, "Who was Jon Snow's Mother?," asked by GRRM to DB Weis and David Benioff. Real sorry that your one of the closed minded, really small, minority group that doesn't believe in the R + L = JS Theory. And don't ask me what GTFOH means because I really like this forum and would hate to be booted from it..........

Woah, lay off the steroids gregor! Also, You're*

Another thing, I never said I didn't believe it, I said I don't bank on it. Wonderful things about theories, until they are proved, they are not fact. I will ask what GTFOH means, because you don't want me to. Keyboard warrior. :)

As I have said before King of the First Men. Lord of the North, the Vale, the Iron Isles the Riverlands, and Beyond the Wall with his own house.

As for Robb’s will it all come done to how it is formulated. If Robb clearly say Jon is my heir since I have a child and Sansa is out then no matter if Bran, Rickon and Arya reappear Jon is the heir and since Robb believed Rickon and Bran to be dead then he had no reason to include them in his will. Case closed.

Woah, lay off the steroids gregor! Also, You're*

Another thing, I never said I didn't believe it, I said I don't bank on it. Wonderful things about theories, until they are proved, they are not fact. I will ask what GTFOH means, because you don't want me to. Keyboard warrior. :)

It all good...lol! I didn't mean no harm. I was on a date with this hot chick and our server of all people butt in our convo regarding the R+L=JS and pulled out that herring paragraph from his Iphone about that dude on the boat telling Davos Ned's bastard Jon was named after Jon Arryn and his mother was some boat girl, still some residual annoyance left in me from that fiasco because the girl I was with ended up believing him instead :/ Anyways, the interpersonal relationships and the theories (Jon Snow & TGNC) is what makes GoT so freaking awesome and epic. Oh yeah, it means "Get The F_____ Outta Here!"

As much as I would want Jon to take his father's House name, I am totally okay with "This is The King of The North Jon Stark, of House Stark, The First of His Name, Azor Ahai "The Light Bringer," The Prince That Was Promised, Blood of The First Men & Old Valyria, Descendant of Dragons, Protector of The North, Iron Islands & Beyond The Wall."

This leaves huge plot holes. Sorry.

No need to apologise! Like I say, these are 'theories'. Not fact. It is fun to speculate! I just would find it really amusing if he was, a bastard born of THE NED!

R+L=J is very compelling and the evidence is wonderful! I love the theory, the way it's crafted and I'm 90% sure it is the most likely scenario. I, personally, for my own sick sense of humour I guess, would love for it not to be true for the sake of all the rage from Jon fans. :D

No need to apologise! Like I say, these are 'theories'. Not fact. It is fun to speculate! I just would find it really amusing if he was, a bastard born of THE NED!

R+L=J is very compelling and the evidence is wonderful! I love the theory, the way it's crafted and I'm 90% sure it is the most likely scenario. I, personally, for my own sick sense of humour I guess, would love for it not to be true for the sake of all the rage from Jon fans. :D

I would also prefer Jon to be The Ned's little boy for my own selfish reasons but I can't deny the truth...

I'm thinking King in the North and this is the bitter sweet ending Martin is talking about. It will be bitter sweet because Jon will take the Stark name so the Targaryen name will die out because I believe Dany and Aegon will both die in the Dance of the Dragons 2.0.

As much as I would want Jon to take his father's House name, I am totally okay with "This is The King of The North Jon Stark, of House Stark, The First of His Name, Azor Ahai "The Light Bringer," The Prince That Was Promised, Blood of The First Men & Old Valyria, Descendant of Dragons, Protector of The North, Iron Islands & Beyond The Wall."

That would be awesome!

That would be awful.

Between that and "the Others win and dominate all the land, starting a neverending era of death and ice", i prefer the second choice.

Anyway, Jon will be the sacrificial lamb that (in the role of LC of the NW) that will be instrumental in the defeat of the Others... i hope!

PS: and would be awesome (quite a bit unprobable) to know, in the end, that Jon is the son of Ned and a common woman!

Archived