Board Issues 3

Datepalm

I'm running Opera for a browser and I'm getting ads that say 'Expand' along the left margin that are covering up part of the thread names in the forum. I understand that advertising helps keep us afloat here, but can we get ads that don't hurt functionality?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm automatically logged into the forum, so no problem with that, but the wiki states that it doesn't recognize my password anymore.

What should I do? Is this related to the other log-in problems?

Hm, weird. I'm saved as logged on on my phone and laptop but got booted out.

Don't know if this is a repeat of past issues and others will be affected, but I just had to reset my password to log back in.

Me too but apparently it's happened to a bouncy of people.

Hm, weird. I'm saved as logged on on my phone and laptop but got booted out.

I'm also saved as logged in, for the forum on both laptop and phone, and for the wiki on laptop only. I only can't get in the wiki at the moment.

So how did everyone fix it? Just reset the password?

Edit: now the wiki is simply calling my password incorrect.. I haven't done anything yet

Ok, so I wanted to change my password in the forum to fix my wiki log in, but I seem to be unable to do so, since I get the message "current password is incorrect", while I am certain I have the correct password..

I don't dare log out of the forum now, because if I do, I won't be able to ask for help here..

But please, someone help!

Ok, so I wanted to change my password in the forum to fix my wiki log in, but I seem to be unable to do so, since I get the message "current password is incorrect", while I am certain I have the correct password..

I don't dare log out of the forum now, because if I do, I won't be able to ask for help here..

But please, someone help!

Rhaenys, I think you will need to log out first. Then click on forgot password. An email will be sent with a new password. Log in with the new password -- you can then change back to your old password after that. That's what I did and I am able to log into the wiki as well.

Yup, me too with the password. It caused me to remember that this was why I stopped coming to the board last time I was frequenting it--I think I thought I'd been banned or something. But in time I forgot and just did "forgot my password" and it worked, and it worked this time too.

Rhaenys, I think you will need to log out first. Then click on forgot password. An email will be sent with a new password. Log in with the new password -- you can then change back to your old password after that. That's what I did and I am able to log into the wiki as well.

Alright, I'm going to try.. I hope it works..

Ok, it's really weird. I logged out, clicked forgot password, got the emails you should get, got a new password, logged back in (as you can see :) ), tried to change the password twice.. both times it said it had failed, but when I logged out and tried to log back in with my new (personally changed) password, it worked.. weird.

Can't check the wiki yet. For some reason, it says I tried too often and that I have to wait (whilst I only tried like 3 times before changing my password, and once after).. No idea how long I should wait to check it though.. What will that be, an hour?

Ok, it's really weird. I logged out, clicked forgot password, got the emails you should get, got a new password, logged back in (as you can see :) ), tried to change the password twice.. both times it said it had failed, but when I logged out and tried to log back in with my new (personally changed) password, it worked.. weird.

Can't check the wiki yet. For some reason, it says I tried too often and that I have to wait (whilst I only tried like 3 times before changing my password, and once after).. No idea how long I should wait to check it though.. What will that be, an hour?

Not sure about the wiki. When I initially tried logging in to the forum (and it failed three times), there was a message saying my account is locked for 14 minutes.

Am having the password issues as well. I got logged out, and requested a password change (I never log out of this site so I always forget my password). But when I try to change my password to something other than the automated string of letters/numbers I get one of three error messages: My security key is incorrect, my current password is incorrect, or I need to complete the entire form.

Archived