Daily BAMF: Robb Stark "The Young Wolf"

Arthur Dayne's Honor

The Daily BAMF is a topic where we discuss the most bad ass characters in ASOIAF and what made them so bad ass. One's definition of bad ass can vary, whether a characters bad ass for his moral code, skills, intellect, or even moral failings and mistakes it makes no difference.

Daily BAMF 1: Smalljon Umber

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95416-daily-bamf-day-1-smalljon-umber/

Daily BAMF 2: Stannis Baratheon

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95483-daily-bamf-day-2-stannis-baratheon/

Daily BAMF 3: Oberyn Martell "The Red Viper"

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95630-daily-bamf-day-3-the-red-viper/

The BAMF this topic is dedicated to is Robb Stark.

One of the many things that makes Robb such a bad ass to me is this conversation

Robb: Greatjon, keep Lord Karstark here till I return, and hang the other seven.

Greatjon: Even the dead ones?

Robb: Yes. I will not have such fouling my lord uncles rivers. Let them feed the crows.

One of the Captive: Mercy, sire. I killed no one, I only stood at the door to watch for guards.

Robb: Did you know what Lord Rickard intended? Did you see the knives drawn? Did you hear the shouts, the screams, the cries for mercy?

Captive: Aye, I did, but I took no part. I was only the watcher, I swear it...

Robb: Lord Umber, this one was only the watcher. Hang him last, so he may watch the others die.

I remember that part it was badass but I kinda felt bad for the watcher I mean he was just "watching" :D

i can equate that to a soldier in Afghanistan being ordered along with his squad by their squad leader to shoot up a village and just watching but not taking part. He at that point would have the authority to strip that leader of their command but to just sit there and watch as he massacres people when he could have stopped it, means he is just as responsible and should suffer the same punishment.

I liked Robb, though I'm not sure I would consider him a BAMF in terms of fighting ability. His ability to command respect was pretty awesome though, even if he did make some critical mistakes in his leadership. Not to mention he would ride into battle next to a freakin direwolf! Now that's badass.

I liked Robb, though I'm not sure I would consider him a BAMF in terms of fighting ability. His ability to command respect was pretty awesome though, even if he did make some critical mistakes in his leadership. Not to mention he would ride into battle next to a freakin direwolf! Now that's badass.

not being a great fighter does not mean one can't be considered a BAMF

i can equate that to a soldier in Afghanistan being ordered along with his squad by their squad leader to shoot up a village and just watching but not taking part. He at that point would have the authority to strip that leader of their command but to just sit there and watch as he massacres people when he could have stopped it, means he is just as responsible and should suffer the same punishment.

I agree he was wrong, I mean I just feel kinda bad for him.

Oh I definitely mean me

Well, you deserve one, without any doubt... :)

you mean you as in YOU or do you mean Stannis cuz Stannis already had one but it got locked for some reason that was never explained.

How about 345 678 546 876 threads on the same topic? That might be a reason it got locked...

And, btw, if I don't get BAMF thread, I would be satisfied with being mentioned :)

The Daily BAMF is a topic where we discuss the most bad ass characters in ASOIAF and what made them so bad ass. One's definition of bad ass can vary, whether a characters bad ass for his moral code, skills, intellect, or even moral failings and mistakes it makes no difference.

Daily BAMF 1: Smalljon Umber

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95416-daily-bamf-day-1-smalljon-umber/

Daily BAMF 2: Stannis Baratheon

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95483-daily-bamf-day-2-stannis-baratheon/

Daily BAMF 3: Oberyn Martell "The Red Viper"

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95630-daily-bamf-day-3-the-red-viper/

The BAMF this topic is dedicated to is Robb Stark.

One of the many things that makes Robb such a bad ass to me is this conversation

Robb: Greatjon, keep Lord Karstark here till I return, and hang the other seven.

Greatjon: Even the dead ones?

Robb: Yes. I will not have such fouling my lord uncles rivers. Let them feed the crows.

One of the Captive: Mercy, sire. I killed no one, I only stood at the door to watch for guards.

Robb: Did you know what Lord Rickard intended? Did you see the knives drawn? Did you hear the shouts, the screams, the cries for mercy?

Captive: Aye, I did, but I took no part. I was only the watcher, I swear it...

Robb: Lord Umber, this one was only the watcher. Hang him last, so he may watch the others die.

Sorry, this was nowhere near as badass as the exchange with GreatJon in GoT, that took some balls, since Robb hadn't even become Lord of Winterfell yet, let alone King in the North and had won zero battles. That was a complete different level of badass.

Sorry, this was nowhere near as badass as the exchange with GreatJon in GoT, that took some balls, since Robb hadn't even become Lord of Winterfell yet, let alone King in the North and had won zero battles. That was a complete different level of badass.

Oh yeah, Robb was pretty awesome throughout the series: how he takes the lordly duties when cat is unavailable, going to holdfasts near winterfell, killing the wildlings, calling the banners, greatjon argument, KITN!!!,battles won, with a direwolf by his side, the hanging lines and more...

But he makes one mistake and suffers defeat, he is pretty much Hannibal

It's worth pointing out though that Westerosi soldiers almost certainly wouldn't have such authority over their lords. So this Karstark retainer was pretty much screwed either way.

Robb's conversation with the Greatjon was pretty badass.

Archived