Will Howland Reed make his debut in AWOW?

Pinedaj

Epilogue of aDoS, Howland Reed watching Westeros in chaos, and wondering "maybe I should have done something".

"Sorry I'm late everyone, but my home moves. Do you know how easy it is to get lost when your home moves?"- The Late Howland Reed

Seriously though, IIRC Jojen wants to head back to Greywater Watch and Meera seems to think he's had a green dream of his death there. It'd be odd to throw that out there for no reason, so if Howland does appear in the novels then Jojen's imminent return to Greywater Watch would probably be the place and time.

That said, Jojen seems overly fatalistic in light of his vision of Ramsay-as-Reek skinning the faces off Bran and Rickon. He's seen multiple people die in his green dreams, but those two at least were symbolic of the children from the mill being passed off as Bran and Rickon.

Hey, maybe his vision means that at Greywater Watch he needs to "kill the boy" that's so dependent on Meera for protection and let the man-Jojen be born! Maybe it's a coming of age metaphor... Maybe, just maybe, we're all Jojen Reed. Or not. I guess it'd just be nice to see him simultaneously survive and be taken down a peg. Oh, and not be served as an appetizer.

I pray for an appearance from Howland Reed, and soon. I am pretty much 100% on R+L=J but I just need to hear it. Plus, Howland seems so interesting and I love Jojen and Meera. If the theory that Jeyne Westerling is alive (and possibly pregnant?) proves to be true then I believe it's possible the Blackfish would take her to Greywater Watch as that house is one of the most loyal to the Starks and it offers protection in the fact that in constantly moves. This could be when we meet Howland for the first time and hear what he has to say. Personally, I don't LIKE this theory but it's a possibility.

He'll be the prologue narrator, sharing all of his knowledge and thoughts with the readers, and will then decide that he must do something concerning Jon, but will trip while going down the stairs of his keep's towers and break his neck, taking all of his knowledge of R + L = J to the grave with him.

Jeyne's mother was feeding her potions to prevent pregnancy from happening, and the Lannisters will very much make sure she doesn't deliver a baby.

The TV show, while not canon, kinda slaughtered the idea that Jeyne was pregnant... :P

And I think the official app killed that theory as well.

I think I remeber reading that she stopped taking them a bit before Robb left? I have to re-read, i'm not too sure. Yeah the TV show ruined the entire character of Jeyne. Whether she is pregnant or not she could still go to the Reeds for safety. I honestly hope she's NOT pregnant but i'm fairly certain she was switched with her sister when Jaime came calling.

He'll be the prologue narrator, sharing all of his knowledge and thoughts with the readers, and will then decide that he must do something concerning Jon, but will trip while going down the stairs of his keep's towers and break his neck, taking all of his knowledge of R + L = J to the grave with him.

I was really excited by the idea of him as a prologue narrator and then laugh/cried at the rest 'cause it would be like GRRM to do something like that haha.

Didn't Robb Stark send out a party of men to find Howland Reed with a note in case he himself died with the instructions for his bastard brother Jon to take over?

If this is the case and I'll have to check out ASOS it's a potential GREAT story and as already mentioned the Crannogs men are interesting though I just can't compute shit smeared arrow head tactics and Howland Reed?Im living in hope that Howland is somehow different as he rode with Ned and was friends with him,he even went to the Tourney I think,it's bugged me throughout the books actually as I can't see Ned riding out with someone who fight like a Crannog man so is Howland a class apart?

For what it's worth I'm sure we will see Howland Reed.

Well, when the Others come south of the wall and bring winter with them, it's going to be hard for him to stay in his 'disappearing' castle (or whatever kind of construction Greywater Watch is) when the swamps freeze and those floating islands stay in place.

I'm sure we'll see him eventually.

Well, when the Others come south of the wall and bring winter with them, it's going to be hard for him to stay in his 'disappearing' castle (or whatever kind of construction Greywater Watch is) when the swamps freeze and those floating islands stay in place.

I'm sure we'll see him eventually.

We dont even need the Others for that. We have just seen a pretty serious blizzard in the North, snow in the Riverlands and Kingslanding... Winter HAS come, and the Neck will be... slightly more passable i think

I feel like ADoS is far to late to start introducing his character and then everything with Jon and what that might possibly mean and getting that all in place. That would take a bit of time. He'll be in a TWoW for sure. Besides we were left on a cliff hanger with Jon last. Either he's for real dead (which I doubt) or he's going to have to pull some sort of significant magic from within out his butt in order to survive. That will not be able to go unexplained. Trust Howland Reed will appear soon (especially since he knows all that about the CoF and their old magic. I have a feeling that outside of the three headed dragon theory Jon, Arya and Bran are going to come together for some purpose) Or so I hope.

C'mon Martin!

Get on with it already! Piss or get off the pot!

• 10 months later...

I think Howland will make his long-awaited appearance while Jon is in this "transitional phase" people keep mentioning. Whether he has warged into Ghost or not he will find Howland, or Howland will find him, and he will reveal to Jon his true parentage and help him to regain his body and yada yada yada. Howl seems to much of an important character for GRRM to just leave out, so I think we'll see at least some sign of him.

I think it could be something along these lines.

I think Ned or Howland will still be speaking to Jon in some kind of medium before he comes back to life telling him to understand his parentage in the crypts of Winterfell where he figures it all out and finds lightbringer.

Archived