[Spoilers] Breaking Bad - The whole thing felt kinda shady, y'know, morality-wise?

Bridgeburners

I dont think Jr. idolized Hank more than Walt. Up until this past season Jr. was almost always on Walt's side against his mother.

Hank brought his death on himself. Walt can take a very small portion of blame, but that was Hank being Hank.

Keep in mind, he wasn't exactly legally chasing after Walt. Once he caught Walt, his career was over.

I blame Hank for his own death because of how he went about the investigation.Now if Hank had gotten killed in that shootout with Tuco would people say it was Tuco's fault?The name of the bad guy doesn't matter with Hank,he's a maverick but one who takes great pride in his work..Hank earned his paycheck,he was real.

I liked the finale even more after a rewatch....lesson to be learned.....money can't buy happiness.

That nod was very Western-like. That was a tip of the hat type of moment, and I really liked that touch VG put at the end. In fact minus the horses and cowboy hats this series often had the feel of a No Country for Old Men type of Western. Anyone else get that vibe?

Most definitely. The show overall, but especially the finale had this vibe. Part of it of course is that it's New Mexico. The song when Walt starts the car, of course.

One of my favorite scenes was before the cop pulled Walt over and he's listening to "A Horse with no Name." I was pissed at the cop for interrupting. And then he was wearing one of those ribbons, too! I thought Walt was being pretty stupid, but at the same time I sympathized with his anger. And yeah, the ribbon conspiracy thing was a very nice touch. Jesse and Walt being about the only ones not wearing ribbons, symbolic of how they are outside society.

That nod was very Western-like. That was a tip of the hat type of moment, and I really liked that touch VG put at the end. In fact minus the horses and cowboy hats this series often had the feel of a No Country for Old Men type of Western. Anyone else get that vibe?

Very western-like. VG said they compared the ending to "The Searchers" in the writers room.

I like to think Victor was some sort of secret prodigy who was about to cook a batch of 99.6% pure meth, the best the world has ever seen. He's been prepping and waiting for the opportunity to show off his secret amazing skills, and he was finally about to do it, but Gus cut it short.

So it's been a little while since I've been on this website, probably since before "Oxymandias", overall though I absolutely loved the finale,

I really was expecting a very bleak depressing end to the series, but it probably ended in the happiest way it could have, while somewhat redeeming Walt for me. For reals though, I was expecting Jesse to commit suicide, while killing Todd, in a meth lab explosion, which would lead to Walt's family being intimidated and ultimately killed by the Nazis, leading to Walt making a crazy revenge scheme for the Nazi's and Lydia.

But despite not going the way I expected, which is quite common with this show, it was perfect. Jesse got away, and he killed Todd; Walt got Lydia with the ricine, and the Nazis with the M60; he gave Gretchen and Elliot a look at his transformation, as well as the money to pass on to his kids; and most importantly, he admitted to Skyler he did everything he did to fulfill some sense of importance.

I haven't been on Walt's side at all since about season 4, but the last two episodes, especially the finale, redeemed him a bit for me.

I'm with Triple L on the Walt redemption thing. I mean, a man who poisons a child, murders, watches people die instead of saving them and manipulates people for breakfast...can never be 100% redeemed. But he did what he could to salvage the situation and I respect that.

Most definitely. The show overall, but especially the finale had this vibe. Part of it of course is that it's New Mexico. The song when Walt starts the car, of course.

One of my favorite scenes was before the cop pulled Walt over and he's listening to "A Horse with no Name." I was pissed at the cop for interrupting. And then he was wearing one of those ribbons, too! I thought Walt was being pretty stupid, but at the same time I sympathized with his anger. And yeah, the ribbon conspiracy thing was a very nice touch. Jesse and Walt being about the only ones not wearing ribbons, symbolic of how they are outside society.

Loved the song :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM

Am agreed on Walt's redemption, too, and very happy with the ending. After admitting to Skyler that he did it all for himself, everything he proceeds to do is finally, actually for his family: getting money to them through Elliot and Gretchen; killing those who had killed, hurt or was a threat to his family and their future well being.

Can't please all the people all the time. I thought the ending was pretty great. Yeah, I could quibble too about things here and there, but I think this is one of those endings that people will like more and more as time goes on and they re-watch the series.

In the meantime, Lydia (as my avatar) will be changing over to Michonne from Walking Dead. As she totters away on her Christian Louboutin shoes, headed for another cup of tea with Stevia, wish her a farewell! (Ack-ack!)

yeah bro I downloaded that song. But I also want to know what's behind all the hype concerning heisenberg's meth.

In the show they seem to say that the high purity creates an amazing high. From what I read there is no basis in fact for this, so it is just a plot device. The only real advantage such a high purity product would bring is that the impurities are what create the most harmful side effects (e.g., the acids left in the finished product corrode the users teeth, creating "meth mouth"). However, addicts really only care about their next high, not the harmful effects of long term exposure to an inferior product.

In one article I read, they said if the product is shitty, meth-heads simply buy twice as much.

In the show they seem to say that the high purity creates an amazing high. From what I read there is no basis in fact for this, so it is just a plot device. The only real advantage such a high purity product would bring is that the impurities are what create the most harmful side effects (e.g., the acids left in the finished product corrode the users teeth, creating "meth mouth"). However, addicts really only care about their next high, not the harmful effects of long term exposure to an inferior product.

In one article I read, they said if the product is shitty, meth-heads simply buy twice as much.

And it's not coke so you can't cut it up with baby powder or caffeine like they do in The Wire right?

Can't please all the people all the time. I thought the ending was pretty great. Yeah, I could quibble too about things here and there, but I think this is one of those endings that people will like more and more as time goes on and they re-watch the series.

In the meantime, Lydia (as my avatar) will be changing over to Michonne from Walking Dead. As she totters away on her Christian Louboutin shoes, headed for another cup of tea with Stevia, wish her a farewell! (Ack-ack!)

The only character I like now that Glenn has been simplified :/

Hopefully Tyreese lives up to the comic version.

I thought that the show acknowledged that the high is not very different, but the small difference created a standard. Walt's Coke analogy was perfect. Off brand more or less tastes like Coke, but we still buy Coke because it is the best (or Pepsi, whatever).

Archived