[Spoilers] Breaking Bad - The whole thing felt kinda shady, y'know, morality-wise?

Bridgeburners

One of the biggest ones for me is that he could have quit after the initial 1.2M dollar sale to Gus. In fact he did quit, and tried to repair his relationship with Skyler. But then Gus brought him back in with his "a man must provide whether or not he's hated" speech, which I thought was really weak of Walt.

He didn't know it at the time, but he needed Gus' protection from the Cartel; had he refused, I'm sure Gus would have told him the truth, and used it to leverage him.

It's an open question as to whether Gus would have eventually killed him to placate the Cartel, but even if he did, Walter could still have cut a deal and arrange his own death in exchange for posthumous protection for his family. I think Gus - and Mike - would have honored the bargain as good business. Walt's dying anyway, so he really doesn't lose much from it; if it were really his family he was thinking of, it would have still been a great deal.

A clear way out for Walt would have been following the advice Marie gave him in the Mexican restaurant. If he had killed himself right then he would also had gone his own way, but Hank and Andrea would be alive, Junior still love is father, his family would have the money and Todd would be having his happy honeymoon with Lydia.

The worst part of Andrea's death is how Brock was sure to find her. He would not leave the house on his own, while his mom is missing. He would be waiting in his home until a mailman or someone came to the doorstep and saw the body. After sitting out all day, it would have been a gross and scary sight.

For Halloween, I am going to be Heisenberg. I got my best bud being Jesse, and then other friends being Gus, Saul, Mike, Pete, and possibly Tyrus (there aren't many black guys on the show...).

I won't be going bald, but I am torn on just getting my hair incredibly short with a goatee (which I believe I pull off wonderfully) or going 52 with a full beard and hair.

I agree that you shouldn't look at this episode alone, this entire season 5b has been the ending, but especially the last three episodes. I don't understand how anyone can say that Walt got what he wanted. Did he want to lose his family? Did he want Hank to be dead? Did he want his son to think he's a monster who killed his brother in law? No, he did not get what he wanted. Jesse didn't get a happy ending either, and neither did the White family.

Yes, I expected Walt and the nazis would die, and Jesse would live and it happened that way, but so what? We knew from season one that Walt is going to die, just because something we expected happened doesn't mean it's bad.

There was no need to lumberjack it just to give viewers something shocking and unexpected.

I gotta say, reading the Breaking Bad threads here over the last few months have made me realize how high the average intelligence of the forum users here is. Most other forums, Youtube videos and Facebook is filled with posts/comments like "kill Jessie the rat" or "I hope that bitch Skylar dies" or "Hank should die, fucking pig" and they always get the most upvotes/likes. This is one of the very few places where people can have intelligent discussions.

But I guess the idiotic posters tend to disappear a while after the show's end. In the Youtube comment sections for the Wire videos, for instance, there seems to be a relatively high level of intelligent comments, but I have little doubt that The Wire also had it fair share of dumb fans back in the day.

But I guess the idiotic posters tend to disappear a while the show's end. In the Youtube comment sections for the Wire videos, for instance, there seems to be a relatively high level of intelligent comments, but I have little time that The Wire also had it fair share of dumb fans back in the day.

Back in the day, there were people who were angry that Kima "snitched" about the fake serial killer plot to Daniels.

Yes, every show has idiot fans.

Back in the day, there were people who were angry that Kima "snitched" about the fake serial killer plot to Daniels.

Yes, every show has idiot fans.

Snitches get stiches y'all

Gliding o'er all, through all,

Through Nature, Time, and Space,

As a ship on the waters advancing,

The voyage of the soul—not life alone,

Death, many deaths I'll sing.

I love that poem. Maybe Walt will get another chance to live right in the next life.

Not to sound condescending or anything, but The Wire requires viewers to have a decent attention span in order to stay with the show. Same goes for BB, if you want to get the most out of the show.

It was a bit of a chore for me to get into both shows - for each it took me forever to finish the first season, but after that the shows were established in my mind and I couldn't get enough of either.

Edit- loved this NBA writer's take on the finale: it was the Tim Duncan of finales - quiet, efficient, and perfect. Couldn't be more accurate.

I gotta say, reading the Breaking Bad threads here over the last few months have made me realize how high the average intelligence of the forum users here is. Most other forums, Youtube videos and Facebook is filled with posts/comments like "kill Jessie the rat" or "I hope that bitch Skylar dies" or "Hank should die, fucking pig" and they always get the most upvotes/likes. This is one of the very few places where people can have intelligent discussions.

But I guess the idiotic posters tend to disappear a while after the show's end. In the Youtube comment sections for the Wire videos, for instance, there seems to be a relatively high level of intelligent comments, but I have little doubt that The Wire also had it fair share of dumb fans back in the day.

I'm part of a video game forum too. There was a poll a few days back, asking who you want to die in the finale the most. Walt Jr. is #1. Skyler is #2. The nazis are #3.

I wasn't saying that Walt got what he wanted but that he got off easy, in the sense that I was hoping to see him die a slow and painful death alone in jail, while everyone he loved slowly rebuilds the lives he destroyed.

I think I would've even preferred to see him shoot himself with the handgun.

Getting killed by a stray bullet (albeit from his own weapon) saving Jesse's life was a little too heroic a death for a guy like him.

I think everything worked perfectly (the Skylar/Walt scene was perfect, the confrontation with the nazis was great, and Elliot/Gretchen too) but I just thought Walt's death was indeed a little too ... clean?

eta: it is indeed very sad to think that had Walt decided to off himself when Marie suggested it, Hank and Andrea would still be alive and the end result would pretty much have been the same for Walt.

By the way, was Badger's Star Trek proposal a foreshadowing all along? Let's look at it for a second...

Spock, Chekov and Kirk are all in a pie eating contest. Kirk checks out first. Who in the show checks out first and has "room to spare"? Obviously that's Hank.

Spock and Chekov are still in it. But Chekov has a whole fat stack of quatloos riding on this (Jack has the meth cook operation riding on this). Spock, with his pure Vulcan logic thinks "how is this mortal defeating me?" Could be Walter (a brilliant chemist whose plans always work because of his dedication) is wondering how Jack and crew are defeating him like this.

Well they kinda have Todd (Scotty) leading them in their actions. He's sending Chekov's blueberries (Jack's meth) into space (Czech Republic)! Then Lieutenant O-hura walks in (Lydia) and Scotty (Todd) gets all sweaty... TODD SMUGGLES UNCLE JACK'S GUTS INTO THE CZECH REPUBLIC!

Okay, that didn't happen. But Lydia's routine with Todd did mess things up for them. BTW I get that this is mostly just desperate overreaching.

Oh, I forgot to ask what did Jack said to Walter before he died? I couldn't hear it.

I wasn't saying that Walt got what he wanted but that he got off easy, in the sense that I was hoping to see him die a slow and painful death alone in jail,

Well, apart from the jail part, all of this happened. It wasn't as slow and painful as Lydia's, sure, but...

I'm part of a video game forum too. There was a poll a few days back, asking who you want to die in the finale the most. Walt Jr. is #1. Skyler is #2. The nazis are #3.

I don't know that this is stupid if you separate TV consequences from real life consequences. Having Walt's family, especially Walt Jr., die after all the times of using them as an excuse for why he wouldn't walk away from cooking or humbly take help or other chances to get out that he was offered would have also been a fitting ending. (Also, a lot of people predicted Jr. would die and people like rooting for their own predictions).

While I'm very satisfied that Walt's last interaction was with Jesse, I think it also could have been a good ending for him to have ended up being able to leave his family with nothing, about to die in humiliation in prison, but having Skyler and Jr. willing to spend their time with him at the end (after learning that he didn't directly murder Hank), not with perfect love, respect and forgiveness, but willing to be together as a family after losing everything regardless.

Archived