[Book + TV Spoilers] Do you think Olyvar will be a replacement for...

siberia82

...Satin on the show? Apparently Will Tudor will appear in Season 4, and because I utterly loathe what the writers have done to Loras' story arc in Season 3, I've been trying to figure out if there may be another reason for Olyvar's return. My first thought was Littlefinger might order him to spy on Oberyn Martell (Olyvar might even be the "blonde whore" that the Red Viper and Ellaria want to fool around with), but now I'm wondering if this pretty boy prostitute may take over Satin's role. It would save the showrunners the trouble of introducing a new character and hiring another actor.

I would like the "blonde whore" twist, not so sure about Olyvar = Satin. I think that could be kind of corny, although maybe showing a more nasty part of Ser Loras, if he's the one to make sure he ends up at the Wall for spying on him.

For continuity's sake, yes it will be good if the Tyrell "punish him" for spy on them (actually the wall is a good deal for a spy on the new royal house), and now that LF is gone, no one will stand for him, it will also save the time to introduce a new character at the wall, but on the other hand, doing so, will also require a lot of time on a completely tertiary and expendable character. Most likely he will end up in Oberyn's bed and that's all :/

...Satin on the show? Apparently Will Tudor will appear in Season 4, and because I utterly loathe what the writers have done to Loras' story arc in Season 3, I've been trying to figure out if there may be another reason for Olyvar's return. My first thought was Littlefinger might order him to spy on Oberyn Martell (Olyvar might even be the "blonde whore" that the Red Viper and Ellaria want to fool around with), but now I'm wondering if this pretty boy prostitute may take over Satin's role. It would save the showrunners the trouble of introducing a new character and hiring another actor.

Wasn't that Cersei? I thought that was just Oberyn messing around with Tyrion, seeing how he would react to that.

He could be the Lothar Brune/Kettleblack/Marillion substitute, kill Dontos, get Sansa and LF to the Vale, make a play on Sansa, and then be accused/quickly executed for Lysa's murder, since he knew too much.

Nice idea to merge all those... it's a possibility but I still bet on Oberyn's bed.

Well, it could create interesting material if Oberyn seduces Loras ! Firstly, some interesting dynamics if the hatred between Dorne and the Reach is exploited.

Secondly, it could give Finn Jones some interesting stuff to do if his father learns of it and confronts him about it ! I could see Mace Tyrell angry at his son for having been caught in the viper's nest !

• 2 months later...

I don't think they will even have Satin on the show.

I think his functions will be given to Pyp/Grenn or to some wildling - so conservative Night watchers will be upset that he has a wildling as a steward.

Another option - if they want to introduce Bowen Marsh or equivalent character (I know there was an unnamed character in S01 standing in for Bowen Marsh - but he was not officially named and I am sure we won't see him again) thay might slightly alter the story - and have Jon in S05 have an old, conservative , disagreeing stweard - who will eventually take part in big finale of ADWD

• 1 month later...

He could be the Lothar Brune/Kettleblack/Marillion substitute, kill Dontos, get Sansa and LF to the Vale, make a play on Sansa, and then be accused/quickly executed for Lysa's murder, since he knew too much.

I would bet money he will take the fall for Lysa's "fall" from grace.

Archived