Will we see a brutal revenge?

jon stark I

Since the begining Stark family lost too much they never gained anything for a long time.Children matured faster then usual they suffered too much.But I wanna know what you guys think about a brutal revenge?And I am not talking about just a Stark revenge but I amtalking about the revenge of people who suffered under Bolton, Frey, Lannister hands.

I think a brutal bloody and full of torture and tearing people limb by limb (at least the guilty ones) is not GRRMs style but do you think we will see a way more brutal event then RW as a revenge act from someone?

Will there be some "brutal" revenge, of course. But as for the Starks, seeking vengence; I don't wish to see them lower themselves to the level of those they mean to punish. So I'm hoping for justice, nothing more. I think the vast majority of scores(any scores, not just for the Starks), will be settled in Winds. It's time for things to start wrapping up, if this series is to be finished in two more books.

If Daenerys reach Westeros, and still hating the ones she knows are responsible for the demise of their family, i think that the - still alive - Arryns, Baratheons, Lannisters, Starks and Tullys are, pretty much, screwed and will be roasted by the Dragons...

And I think you are kidding yourself, if you believe this will happen.

7 year old Rickon, the Ultimate Killing Machine... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm not so sure, LOL, I have this sneaking suspicion that being raised by a wilding, an angry direwolf, and possible cannibals might result in Rickon being the most calm and civilized of all the Starks. Who knows, maybe the unicorns will have made an impression on him?

I do think there will be brutality in the wrap up of the story, but it won't necessarily be about Stark revenge. I think alot of the main families will suffer, but I think there will also be alliances that surprise us, in fighting The Others and eternal winter.

I think that there will be a lot of brutal revenges. That may be satisfying for us, as readers, in some cases, but Martin also has a habit of making such revenge taste rather sour. I'm sure most readers, by the end of Feast, wanted Cersei and Theon to pay for their crimes, but many of us were then dismayed by the Walk of Shame, and the dreadful torture that Theon undergoes.

Revenge is likely to be disproportionate, and to be inflicted on people who are relatively innocent, as well as the guilty. And, revenge begets revenge in return.

I don't think there will be an "en masse" revenge by ALL the people wronged by the Lannisters et al.

Catelyn and Manderly are chipping away at the Freys. Arya is studying to be an assassin for a reason, and she still has her list. The Lannisters have plenty of enemies, even within their own family.

I think we'll see the main villains suffering some fairly satisfying deaths, a la Joff and Tywin. But nothing like a mass torture.

I loved the walk of shame and Theons suffering. I just wish both those characters did not get of so easy. But there is time yet...

Fair enough. But, I think many readers were disturbed by each of them.

I don't think there will be alot of revenge going on by the Starks as most of their enemies will be dead by the time they gets close and, if legends are true, their Enemy (note capital "E") in the Others will be coming in strong.

But its of course possible and likely that alot of characters that one set of fans or another will have some hurt coming their way. The Freys and Bolton and obvious and the Lannisters seems to be on some rocky ground right now. But there are still alot of balls in the heir and things can, as it has previously, turn around very fast.

Archived