Five most well written characters in your opinion. (Could be a character you hate)

Mine are as follows.

1. Catelyn Stark: I think she is extremely well written as a mother in the middle ages and as a woman in a male society as well. I could go on all day about all her traits and actions that makes her sooo real.
  2. Sansa Stark: Amongst all the young characters she seems the most like a real girl and I admire her for that and her development shows how well Martin took to write the typical middle age teen.
  3. Daenerys Targaryen: Any character that can start controversy amongst the fan-base is a masterpiece, you either love her or hate and she also is well written on how her past decisions affect her future ones
  4. Brienne: Her character design is flawless, and she is probably the most morally set character in the series.
  5. Jaime: Also has changed alot in the story and his view changing among the fanbase shows he is well written.

These aren't ranked in order just my top five.

1. Jaime Lannister, his enter as a POV changed his personality overview by a whooping 180°

2. Arya Stark, underdog hero of us all

3. Catelyn Tully, arguably most important POV character so far

4. Davos Seaworth

5. Theon Greyjoy

Honorable mention:
Brienne, basically shaggydogg story, but the content of it, helps us understand some other stuff

Jon, Protagonist in not so protagonistic situation(being a bastard and vows keeping him for reaching totally different level)

1. Jaime- His character development and POV was mindblowing

2. Davos- Very believable, just a cool guy in general, and extremely well written

3. Theon/Reek- Theon was good, Reek is better

4. Cersei- Hate her with every fibre of my being, but a great job by GRRM

5. Stannis, Arya or Sansa- The development of the Arya and Sansa I think has been really good, but Stannis is Stannis, and he is very well written. Someone who can create such devoted followers(me) :bowdown: and seething hatred needs to be very well written.

To me Arya and Davos are the best written POV's. Both characters have such distinct personalities and views, and I feel like GRRM has done an amazing job bringing them to life.

To round out the five, I'd have to go with Ned (the writing made his death so much more difficult IMO), Theon, and Cersei (I am just in awe of GRRM's ability to show us her descent into madness).

Dany deserves a mention, if we talking purely about character development, not her plotlines (which have been much weaker than most others IMO).

Catelyn and Theon are clearly the two best written characters for me, then Tyrion, Jaime, Dany, Arya and Sansa on about the same level..

Archived