NHL 2013-14 - Yes, there's a thread for that

Jabronius Maximus

Ha, I also had a second kid, which probably has more to do with it.

I'm on midnights now, so my posting times are likely going to pick up again. I've actually been able to watch quite a few games so far, but it's so damn early I don't have a lot to go on yet. Plus I've been up to my eyeballs planning this charity hockey game, so that's been a lot of my free time.

Original 6 teams being successful is great for the league, so hopefully most of what we've seen so far continues on that path.

Ha, I also had a second kid, which probably has more to do with it.

<snip>

Original 6 teams being successful is great for the league, so hopefully most of what we've seen so far continues on that path.

Congrats!

OG6 plus the Sharks, of course.

Also, TheHoundRules you need to come back to us! Be a Jets fan (like many Whalers fans became Hurricanes fans,) or dare I suggest you become a Sharks fan? We want you back, bro.

I hate that name so much. And yeah, the lockout might have done more damage to this thread than it did to the league.

Bones, what Whalers fan became a Hurricanes fan? I feel like every Whalers fan I've encountered became a bitter, vitriolic college/minor-league hockey enthusiast who purchases 'Canes gear to burn it...

Hurricanes are in the Metropolitan division.

1. Thank you for the correction. I mean that. Even though that is the most stupid name for a division I have ever heard.

2. The only division I really care about remains the Pacific.

3. The only division I really care about remains the Pacific.

ETA: Blu-Ray, you would know better than I. The Hartford fans I have met had converted. But of course I was at sea or in Cali most of my life while you spent some hard time in Jersey.

I will bow to your wisdom.

Let's not go that far. It's a terrible name. But feel free to look up the names of the divisions in the BIG 10 college athletic conference. Those are the most stupid names for divisions you have ever heard. Everything else is competing for second place.

*Cosmopolitan

Oilers are now 1-6-1. They're playing better, but that doesn't mean anything. This will be a long, long year :( . I just hope they don't rush to judgement and ship off one of the young guns.

Its definitely Metropolitan.

The Devils are winless in first 7 games, I'm officially hitting the panic button.

Its definitely Metropolitan.

The Devils are winless in first 7 games, I'm officially hitting the panic button.

Oh I know but I like to see it as the Cosmopolitan :P makes it more interesting

And looking at the stat sheet they must've dominated Ottawa. It's definitely an uphill battle from here on out. I don't even know if there's a silver lining out there because the player touted as the next generational NHL talent (Connor McDavid) isn't eligible until the 2015 draft.

Yeesh - ugly, ugly hit on Kronwall tonight. He contributed to it, and admitted as much, but it was still a needless hit.

Hopefully he heals quickly.

That was an ugly hit, and that could be a big blow to the Wings if he's out for a while. I wonder if the increased space behind the net allows forecheckers to chase defensemen more easily, leading to some of these hits.

Sounds like lots of up and down action in the Wings/Sharks game tonight, especially for a scoreless game. Bummed I'm stuck with the radio tonight at work, since these are always pretty games between two puck-control teams.

It was surprisingly a fairly dull affair.

Archived