2013 Reading Self-Challenge Thread #2

Inigima

Mostly rereading, but adding 54 Rothfuss- The Name of the Wind. Jordan's Wheel of Time 1-5, and 6 others to get to 65. x/ about 6 weeks left I am Upping my goal to 75. Still have not read any NF books, so 0/4 on that goal.

ETA: w/ less then 50 pages I will finish Sanderson Steelheart today, so make that and awful 66 books.

I cannot decipher what this means

Crap, I haven't been keeping count since my post back in May/ June. I'll have to recheck my posts...

EDIT:

So my target was 40, and at that point I was on 21.

*Checks Kindle and physical copies*

I think I've read 29 so far. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed with that number.

I don't remember you posting but I added you

Currently at 48/55

Aiming to finish the brick that is The Scarab Path by the end of November, leaving me six books to squeeze in before NY. I'll be happy with anything over 50. Though 53 is my highest recorded count from previous years. It would be nice to top that.

However, I'm looking forward to NOT counting next year. I'm going to start working my way through the Booker winners. I've already read some of them so that'll be a nice 'filling in the gaps' project.

However, I'm looking forward to NOT counting next year. I'm going to start working my way through the Booker winners. I've already read some of them so that'll be a nice 'filling in the gaps' project.

That's a good idea, Isis. I've been leaning towards choosing the Booker winners in making my selections. Finally at 17 of 20. With all of the wild events of this year, I'm not displeased.

I've got to go through and determine which comic arcs that I'm going to consider a "read" and thus add to the list but I did just finish the republic of thieves so that brings my total up to 12\50. some of ya'll are machines, I wish I could read as much or as fast as some of you. I feel like i'm missing so much :(

Everyone reads at a different pace, honestly, given the amount of books out there, even someone reading quite a bit is missing out on something. I wouldn't worry about it. I recently got told by a friend that I was missing out on real life by reading books so much, so there is that.

Everyone reads at a different pace, honestly, given the amount of books out there, even someone reading quite a bit is missing out on something. I wouldn't worry about it. I recently got told by a friend that I was missing out on real life by reading books so much, so there is that.

:o

Missing out on real life because you read so much? I've never heard anything more ridiculous!

Really? I've got something similar to that from different people, even though I'm not much of a recluse at all. But the context was me refusing to go out with him to a place where I would probably have been bored out of my mind.

ETA: 32/35 for me. I've updated my goal to 35, which I should probably be able to get quite easily. Finished FOTR, it's funny, the first time I tried to read the book, I couldn't get past 60 pages, but this time I've torn through it in about 4-5 days. I must say, Tom Bombadil is indeed very strange.

Archived