Well, I have just come across my least favourite POV ever.

That Demon Monkey

There are characters I dislike, but so far no chapters. Some chapters made me sad, as the one on Ned's execution in AGOT, some frustrate me and make me angry, as every single Brienne chapter so far, and those are my least chapters. I didn't find Aeron's character specially interesting, but I don't hate his chapters either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My least favorite ones are the Brienne and Sansa chapters until after the purple wedding. While Aeron isn't particularly interesting either (how I wish Euron was the POV!!!) I think he serves as someone to alleviate everyone's hatred for the ironborn and to show they're not all like rapists, mad, pillager pirates

From the way people talk about Aeron, you'd think he has huge amount of chapters. :D

Let's give the guy some props: he offers us one of the best quotes in the mose quotable book in the series.

Even a priest may doubt. Even a prophet may know terror. Aeron Damphair reached within himself for his god and discovered only silence.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not crazy about any of the Iron Islands stuff to be honest, but being part of GRRM's world I'm still glad to read all of it. I love Brienne and Sansa's chapters as well even if they are a little meandering. Brienne finds out a lot of interesting things in her quest and Sansa's final chapter where Littlefinger finally reveals the true depths of his genius and scheming just blew me away.

I've had a pretty difficult time getting through any of the Greyjoy chapters, to be honest.

Usually once I start it leads in to something worthwhile, however with Aeron specifically, I could go without.

But I like what Ashara's Daughter said about alleviating the loathing for the Iron Islands that seems to come so easily, even for those in Westeros. I wish I could hear more from Euron!

DarkGeomancer, you're right, we shouldn't hate on Aeron of all people.

His kingsmoot chapter was definitely good. I guess at this point in the game it's easy to be disappointed by a character who may seem even slightly less exciting since there's so much else happening.

I've only read his first chapter so far and am mildly dismayed at the possibility of a second, because good lord he is so dry for a water-priest. And not funny dry either.

Perhaps it'll get better in his next chapter.

(I can't help reading 'damphair' as 'damp hair' - for all I know it's intentional, but it sort of ruins any illusion of mysterious badassery for me.)

I've only read his first chapter so far and am mildly dismayed at the possibility of a second, because good lord he is so dry for a water-priest. And not funny dry either.

Perhaps it'll get better in his next chapter.

(I can't help reading 'damphair' as 'damp hair' - for all I know it's intentional, but it sort of ruins any illusion of mysterious badassery for me.)

Never fear, his second chapter isn't focused on him at all and is kind of awesome. Especially the ending.

Fairly sure the nickname is meant to be about, y'know, hair being damp. No mysterious badassery there, just a crazy religious guy.

Fairly sure the nickname is meant to be about, y'know, hair being damp. No mysterious badassery there, just a crazy religious guy.

"Wow, your hair sure is damp."

"So it is. This is truly a sign from the Drowned God. From this day forth, I shall be known as...The Damp Hair!"

Archived