Well, I have just come across my least favourite POV ever.

That Demon Monkey

I think when you look at who prefers which POVs, who hate certain other POVs, and combine the results all together... you'll find that every POV is loved by many people, and therefore the book(s) is absolutely perfect as it is. I rest my case. :closedeyes:

Yeah I have to admit I don't like him either. I would much have preferred more Victarion chapters or even euron. No... More Victarion. For some reason he is now one of my new favorite characters.

Victarion has become one of my favorite new characters as well. At first i couldn't figure out why but I think I figured it out. He's a Dick like all the greyjoy's but I think he's the best suited bachelor for Danerys.

1. He has the horn assuming

2. He has a fleet

3. His brother claims to be king but if victarion comes flying back to the iron island on rhaegal or viserion no o r could dispute him

• 4 weeks later...

I hated the Iron Islands storyline until the Kingsmoot.

Though she's a likable character, Brienne's storyline feels utterly pointless and a waste of book space. There better be a satisfying conclusion to this thread of the story (I'm only halfway through AFFC).

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my second complete read. The second time through, I didn't mind the Iron Born's POV chapters near as much as I did the first time. The first time through, I didn't really grasp who they were fully, and found their chapters to be pointless and annoying. The second time, I understood who they were, and now understand their point.

• 1 month later...

Since this thread exists... Areo, Arys Oakheart and Quentyn. Did we really need their POVs?

It was a burden to read Bran's chapters until the end of Storm also, but it got undeniably better in Dance.

The problem with Areo and Arys is that readers feel zip for them. It's ok to love or hate a character, provided you feel something for them. But characters you feel nothing for... meh. They seem to be povs only used to observe *other* characters.

Spoiler for ADWD:

And the problem with Quentyn is that his arc is so short. Why exactly do we care about him, again? It seems to be a setup for a larger story (the whole Dorne story), but since we don't have that larger story yet, and we only spent a couple of chapters with Quentyn, it's hard to feel anything for him.

• 1 month later...

I did like Aeron's chapters as well. He's an interesting charakter, I'm looking forward to some new stuff about him.

Apart from that, I was one of the few huge Brienne fans in this book. Not because I found this plot very good - indeed, it was somehow too long and I didn't get GRRM's true intention with describing her journey in such a detailed way. But, oh, they were so damn well-written. Probably the best written chapters of the entire series. And no, I'm not a Jaime/Brienne-shipper at all as one might expect, and I didn't think of Brienne as such an interesting character before - I just loved all those different sides Brienne has shown during those eight chapters in AFFC.

• 2 months later...

I find Aeron as a character to be frustrating, yes, but his point of view is fascinating. He provides a crucial lens into the Ironborn culture that Asha and Victarion don't touch on. I find the Drowned God aspect interesting and necessary because little details like this are what make the world of ASOIAF tangible. That being said, Asha's chapters are less of a trudge for me and Aeron is... a trek (I need to take a moment and prepare myself before reading one of his chapters, lol). I don't hate any of the characters, though, no matter how frustrating they might be to me.

to me, the absolute worst section of the entire series is in feast for crows between ares the kings guard and the princess of dorn (forget her name). There was basically nothing important that happened, yet it went on forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Victarion !! I detest him....he's a lack wit , a brute , with no imagination ! and everytime i fell upon his Chapters , I roll my eye ! at least Aeron gives us insight into the religiosity and The Traditions (The old way) of The Ironborn !

I disagree, he's a badass. i hope he beats the crow eye to death with his bloody mailed fist.

Archived